KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Should they make a Spider-Man 4

Should they make Spider-Man 4?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 35 85.37%
No 6 14.63%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should they make a Spider-Man 4
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Should they make a Spider-Man 4

I think it's pushing it a bit but it would suck to only see three villains, I think it would be letting the fans down a bit, but if they do then it would probably ruin the series.......so it's a tough decision.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 11:50 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

THERE MAKING 7 PARTS.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 12:22 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Bollocks.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 02:54 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

no lets stay with the third, so we can have good memories about the movies. they problably wont have maguiere on 4rth and neither kirsten.so mj can even die but another guy playing peter is unberable.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 06:43 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
THERE MAKING 7 PARTS.

actually there are only 6 planned.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 09:47 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i think they should only make 4. maybe 5, but that's all. maybe spiderman could give up the mask to someone else! but then they wouldn't have the powers. maybe the 4th movie could just follow venom as a hero/villain? still a good movie if it has venom!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2004 09:57 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

As long as the movies are good, I see no problem with there being 20 of them. Hell, James Bond movies are often times sub-standard, and that's never stopped them from making another one. Milk it for all it's worth, eh?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 03:31 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Yeah, I'm for quality not quantity but it would be good to have both.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 09:03 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
actually there are only 6 planned.

ACTUALLY there are only 3 planned dickhead! there wasnt even gonna be a #2!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 11:27 AM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

they should just make 3, and make part threes ending final, not with a cliffhanger

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 11:34 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Yes.

3 parts in a self-contained Trilogy about the troubles of MJ, Pete and Harry. That would be awesome.

It's not like Venom is NEEDED at all, there's plenty of quality material to make a more plausable set of movies from.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 06:20 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

i think they should do 4 and no more I'd like to see some Venom and maybe Carnage action

4 could be a seriously ultimate villian that'd be a good thing to go out on.
I could see the trailer now for 4

The city is in ruins a red haze of smoke and havoc covers it, panic in the streets ppl gettin robbed all that other good stuff
Shows carnage and how spidey can barely handle him and get's his ass whooped in a fight.
See in Spiderman 1 or 2 he never actually was beat by the villian in 1 goblin used knock out gas on him but other then that Spidey held his own
The train maneuver exhausted spidey so he couldn't fight Doc oc but when Spidey fights Carnage he stands not a single chance. i think it'd be a good plot.
But venom has to be introduced before carnage and if they do it all in the same movie it'd be rushed so i dunno

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 09:45 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Dock Ock whooped him. He used his brains, left him to rescue the train, then came back and beat him with one swift tentacle to the head. Doc Ock WHOOPED HIM! It was obviously his entire plan to weaken Spider-Man. That's so cool.

I'm not a fan of Carnage. He's just another "look at me, look what I can do" character. He has no substance. He's practically a rip off of The Joker, but has ties with Venom. On paper he should be the coolest villain ever, but in practice he's little more than a cool looking one dimensional villain for all the Spidey-noobs to slobber over (if you like Carnage because you find his character interesting for some strange reason, that comment was not directed at you).

Last edited by Red Superfly on Jul 19th, 2004 at 02:44 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 02:39 PM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Doc Oc did whoop Spidey he kicked his ass but in a straight fight Spidey would hold his own. i don't think Carnage ally plan something like what Doc O did to Spidey in the train scene. Actually bout all the scenes from the movie were somehow based on the comic book but the train scene is something that was completely made up.
(Vh1 the making of Spiderman or Inside Spiderman sumthin like that)

Im not a Spiderman noob it's just i thought Carnage was really cool when I was a little kid and havn't gotten the addiction out of my mind. When you think about he's not much of a character I dunno I have my trust in the movie industry to do what's right.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:54 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if Sam wants Venom, get Goblin and Lizard out the way and put him in the 4th. Whole film to get out the story and crap. John Jameson could be off to space at the end of the 3rd. Leading into his bringing back the symbiote in 4.

I dunno man. After seeing them put the mask/overkill romance in what would have been an excellent movie (yes, Spider-Man 2), then I would have had major faith. I just hope they don't bomb the series.

Good thread B.C wink.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Matt21uk

Worried GOBLIN TO RETURN

I may be stating the obvious but the goblin is almost a dead sert to return...not only has harry found the suit etc but I also noticed that in the final wedding scene, everyone is whereing a black bow tie, however harry is whereing an emerald green bow tie....am i the only person in the world who noticed this?!?!?!?!??!?!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 10:06 PM
Matt21uk is currently offline Click here to Send Matt21uk a Private Message Find more posts by Matt21uk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

There should be 5 (at least) but thats the fanboy in me speaking. They should do the whole electro/goblin 2 in spidey3, where spidey gets the suit and at the end brock gets it (or is left with a cliffhanger of him about to get its). 4 should be spdiey vs venom, and in the end you see a little of the red symbiote (and no, venom should not go to jail and be in the same room with cletus... venom should seem dead at the end). 5 should be Spidey vs Carnage (with preferrably a return of Venom)

like i said, thats the fanboy side. Realistically, it should end at 3. Thats the way Star Wars was planned, and then they went back and ruined the "classic" feel of the series by doing the prequills... 3 is typically a good number to stop with... (alien is another good example)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 10:12 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. We can always say what we think but it rarely happens.

I think The Black Cat should be in 3. 2 villains to 2 heroes. But with alot more complications.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 10:19 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I dunno man. After seeing them put the mask/overkill romance in what would have been an excellent movie (yes, Spider-Man 2), then I would have had major faith.

What? That's what made the film so good!

Most sequels just use the old "more action, to hell with everything else".

I loved the "less action, more story" attitude.

Man - how come people say there wasn't enough action? Look at Star Wars Empire Strikes Back - that focussed a lot more on the charcaters than the first one, and people didn't complain about the fact there wasn't more action - because the action scenes were concise. They didn't need action unless it drove the story forward, and it worked.

I blame films like The Matrix for having too much action - it's spoilt everyone, now everyone expects 10000rpm action every five minutes.

Sorry, but Spider-Man 2 brought the "summer blockbuster" back in line with "good" movies again.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 04:07 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I agree with ScarletSpider. As long as the movies were good, I wouldn't how many movies they made.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 08:10 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote