KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » The Other

The Other
Started by: Next Venom_girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Next Venom_girl
Scream

The Other

Anyone else heard about this crossover coming out in October?

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showc...mp;format=comic

""The Other" Part 1 (Of 12) The start of a 4 month Spider-Man event that crosses over all 3 core Spider-Titles, which promises to forever change the lives of Peter Parker and everyone close to him! Introducing Tracer!"

""The Other" Part 2 (Of 12) Mary Jane deals with an obsessed stalker, and Spider-Man slugs it out with Iron Man! Peter David writes all three titles this month."

""The Other" Part 3 (of 12) Aunt May becomes aware that Peter and Mary Jane are hiding something extremely bad from her, plus the villain Tracer, and the return of a foe that Spider-Man has never defeated!"

"Featuring the return of a villain Spider-man has never defeated."
"never defeated" (without help) and the bright red covers had me thinking Carnage. But others have suggested Morlun, Venom, Ezkiel.
Also there's been hinted about him having some sort of biological change for the worst- health problem, mutation, etc and something to do with the totemistic Spider-people or another person with Spiderpowers that will adversely affect Pete's life.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 05:06 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wierddreamer213

Ezkiel and Morlun are dead... i mean even in comics being reduced to dust is usualy a sign of not comming back...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:53 PM
wierddreamer213 is currently offline Click here to Send wierddreamer213 a Private Message Find more posts by wierddreamer213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wierddreamer213
Ezkiel and Morlun are dead... i mean even in comics being reduced to dust is usualy a sign of not comming back...

Morlun coming back he's gonna be a big part of an upcoming story arc...and besides he's the one foe Spiderman never technically defeated.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 01:56 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

the other guy with spiderman powers is peter paker from ultimate series, i think it will be a big plot to destroy ultimate universe....
i dont think theyŽd bring carnage back,thats stupid.a foe spiderman never defeated was mephistos.
i thinlk only the cool ones will be spared, i saw an cover (maybe hoax altho) and it had pencils like mark bagley, the cover had traditional peter parker holding a suposed dead ultimate peter parker (costume all riped and bleeding),and traditional mj holding ultimate mj cruing on her chest and ultimate stormy with heads down like in pain..... i hope that hoax.....i dont have the pic i saw on my friend pc,from a comic nerd like site...thats why i think i may be a hoax,cos the site had all kind of conspiracy......anyway iŽd hate that but the cover wall really cool....and the guy who mimic mb pencils, has sure done a great work

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 05:07 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thundercracker
takin a piss

Re: The Other

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Anyone else heard about this crossover coming out in October?

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showc...mp;format=comic

""The Other" Part 1 (Of 12) The start of a 4 month Spider-Man event that crosses over all 3 core Spider-Titles, which promises to forever change the lives of Peter Parker and everyone close to him! Introducing Tracer!"

""The Other" Part 2 (Of 12) Mary Jane deals with an obsessed stalker, and Spider-Man slugs it out with Iron Man! Peter David writes all three titles this month."

""The Other" Part 3 (of 12) Aunt May becomes aware that Peter and Mary Jane are hiding something extremely bad from her, plus the villain Tracer, and the return of a foe that Spider-Man has never defeated!"

"Featuring the return of a villain Spider-man has never defeated."
"never defeated" (without help) and the bright red covers had me thinking Carnage. But others have suggested Morlun, Venom, Ezkiel.
Also there's been hinted about him having some sort of biological change for the worst- health problem, mutation, etc and something to do with the totemistic Spider-people or another person with Spiderpowers that will adversely affect Pete's life.

oh damm that sounds so cool and this tracer sounds interesting

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 01:19 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wierddreamer213

Morlun was defeated. he was reduced to dust! and he did defeat him on his own there, Zek wasn't much help at all. Peter figured it out all on his own.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 03:50 AM
wierddreamer213 is currently offline Click here to Send wierddreamer213 a Private Message Find more posts by wierddreamer213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

whoa! spiderman never defeated kraven he suicided, nor harry osborn he died on serum od

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 05:57 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wierddreamer213

defeated dosn't necessarly mean kill.

He did beat Harry down, but Kraven did kick his ass and then suicided.

he needed help beating Carnage, so there's one.

Norman Osborn has been temporarly defeated but never pernamently and frankly as the main antithesis to spidy i think he's a good bet.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 06:14 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Morlum would seem like an obvious choice......... so would carnage....I would like it to be someone unexpected, like Harry, but I doubt that would happen, Harry should probably stay dead..............

Old Post Aug 25th, 2005 08:34 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CKayote

"The Other" is what Venom calls his symbiote. Perhaps now that Eddie's supposedly dead, the symbiote will come looking for Peter and revenge?

[email protected]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 06:39 PM
CKayote is currently offline Click here to Send CKayote a Private Message Find more posts by CKayote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Yeah, that's what I was thinking w/ Other = symbiote, that and the "mutation" or whatever that happens to Peter is due to symbiote bonding. I was guessing Carnage though because...
1) Also supposedly dead.
2) Peter never defeated.
3) The bright red covers.
= Spider-Carnage II?
I'm probably 100% wrong though.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 07:49 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomCarnage21
Ho Yeah!

I don't think he's ever beaten the Black Tarantula either.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 01:47 AM
VenomCarnage21 is currently offline Click here to Send VenomCarnage21 a Private Message Find more posts by VenomCarnage21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thundercracker
takin a piss

Originally posted by VenomCarnage21
I don't think he's ever beaten the Black Tarantula either.

i only saw bt twice and both times he kicked the crap out of peter with ease man if he was written well he could be one of the biggest villians ever i kinda hope it is him seems a little early 4 eddies return

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 02:48 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

eddies is dead or will sooner or later, did u read MK SM? scorpion have the simbiote and now they are locked in isla ryker

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 03:56 PM
CKayote

But how long you think that's really going to last?

[email protected]

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 05:08 PM
CKayote is currently offline Click here to Send CKayote a Private Message Find more posts by CKayote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

what u mean to last? scorpion-venom, their locked up, or eddie without the suit. or even the arch?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2005 11:48 PM
CKayote

Both Scorpion-Venom and them being locked up at Riker's.

[email protected]

Old Post Aug 30th, 2005 01:32 AM
Spiderman_RJ

as long and as good as they realise what they did.wich i hope is forever.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 11:55 PM
scorpionlord
Spider-jide's lil bro

could the other be the return of Spider-Ham?that would be shocking.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 07:32 AM
scorpionlord is currently offline Click here to Send scorpionlord a Private Message Find more posts by scorpionlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote