KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?

Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?
Started by: Da Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where did the Green Goblin's inspiration come from?

Alright, I know he's real similar to the Joker, but is that really where the inspiration came from? Thus far the only person who I know for sure was inspired by the Joker was Cletus Kassidy, but was the Green Gobby as well.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 12:47 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Joker and Green Goblin are nothing alike. "Oh! They both smile, and Goblin's laughed before! That makes them similar, even though numerous other villains have done the same thing like every villain from the 40s-70s!"

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:49 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, cool it with the attitude, all I did was ask a question. And they are very similar in that they are both psychotic in a similar way. I've always thought of the Goblin as somewhat being like the Joker, but with powers and a different get up.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:53 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Da Joker
And they are very similar in that they are both psychotic in a similar way.

GG kills for sick purposes and missions. Joker kills because it's funny.

[quore[I've always thought of the Goblin as somewhat being like the Joker, but with powers and a different get up. [/B][/QUOTE]

They're mindsets and ideas are completely different.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:59 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not completely, I've always thought they were similar. I'm not saying they're clones, just that in some ways they are a bit similar.

Carnage, on the other hand, is just like the Joker, but with superpowers.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:13 AM
SpyCspider

Stan Lee had like, what, 20 so odd years to come up with Spidey's main villain knowing that Batman had Joker for that long?

Perhaps subconsciously or even intentionally, he got the inspiration from Joker but I'm sure there are interviews out there to confirm or debunk that.

It's just kind of weird since Batman and Joker are polar opposites..while Spidey is known for being wisecracking but gets super serious when it comes to fighting the goblin.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:33 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm sure there was some inspiration...even the laughs are somewhat similar.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:37 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Toku King
GG kills for sick purposes and missions. Joker kills because it's funny.

[quore[I've always thought of the Goblin as somewhat being like the Joker, but with powers and a different get up.

They're mindsets and ideas are completely different.

Actually the Joker kills because he wants to, and also because he wants to show the world different ideas, different perceptions, in that regard i would class Joker for sick purposes and missions, like the killing joke he wants to prove anyone can go insane if they have a bad day, so he shoots Gordon's daughter chains him up and forces him to look at pictures, to prove a point that he's not so different after all.

But TBH most villains are "similar" to the Joker since he was around in the 40's and a benchmark villain (being the no. 1 greatest villain of all time) while i do see a few joker moments here and there from GG, he never comes off as a joker clone or someone mimicking him, he comes off as his own character, which is more then i can say for Carnage who is..............just a joker clone, only not a very good one.

You never really can understand the Joker, sometimes he kills for the fun of it, but most of the time it's to change the world and to show his world to them, or to show Batman just how close the two of them are.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Aug 7th, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 10:28 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harri
I may be a geek

I think stan lee had no inspiraion because he has a great mind of his own, yes the green goblin tends to sometimes act like the joker but he is not a joker clone. If you remember back when the green goblin debuted he was on a broom and that speaks for itself. It's not stan lee's fault that writers and artists come and go, green goblin's roots is nothing like the joker's.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 04:17 PM
harri is currently offline Click here to Send harri a Private Message Find more posts by harri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never said he was a Joker clone, so stop saying it. Second of all, we all have our own mind, and it's not a crime to create a character inspired by another.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 06:33 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I never said he was a Joker clone, so stop saying it. Second of all, we all have our own mind, and it's not a crime to create a character inspired by another.

who was that to?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:07 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

The guy above me and whoever else who said anything about a Joker clone, because I never said Gobby was.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I think Carnage is a Joker clone.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 07:57 PM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Carnage has already been said to have been inspired by the Joker, I posted that a couple times above.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 08:17 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Actually the Joker kills because he wants to, and also because he wants to show the world different ideas, different perceptions

Which, to him, is funny.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 08:49 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Carnage has already been said to have been inspired by the Joker, I posted that a couple times above.

Carnage is the crappy, two dimensional, uninteresting version of the Joker.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 08:49 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Toku King
Carnage is the crappy, two dimensional, uninteresting version of the Joker.

What he said.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 08:58 PM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Carnage, but someone does need to make him more interesting.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:22 PM
steverules
The doctor

I like Carnage, but someone does need to make him more interesting.

How when He's currently dead?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:25 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by steverules
How when He's currently dead?

Let's hope he never returns.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 11:28 PM