KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » I "Superman Returns" actually "Superman 2.5"?

I "Superman Returns" actually "Superman 2.5"?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

I "Superman Returns" actually "Superman 2.5"?

I heard that "Superman Returns" takes place after the events of "Superman 2" meaning it's really the prequel to "Superman 3"? If so how can that be. How disorganized can and will the franchise be if it's true. Why not place it after "Superman 4 Quest for peace" But then the problem wth that is that the Superman in "Returns" would look to young. But i'snt the Superman in Returns a young Superman anyway, cancelling out any oppertunity for him to appear in anything after 2? "Superman Returns" couldv'e taken place after "Superman 1 the movie" That would've been more sensible.

I dont Know! ,lol

i have high hopes for the film but when does it take place. Before in-between or after?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 01:45 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's supposed to be between 2 and 3; his adopted mother is still alive (now being played by Eva Marie Saint), by 3 she had passed away.
I just read the plot blurb on this site, and I don't get what the f**k they are doing. He dies fighting the other kryptonians? That didn't happen. Lex Luthor is a CIA agent? I don't know what they are doing!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 4th, 2005 09:55 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I have a very bad feeling about this movie.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2005 02:17 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
I have a very bad feeling about this movie.

I and I have a very GooD feeling about this movie!

eek!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 04:05 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Its not connected to the original films. THey were PREcrisis.
Superman returns is POSTcrisis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:49 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by eleveninches

I heard that it takes place after the events of Superman 2. That sound connected to me.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 01:54 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I heard that it takes place after the events of Superman 2. That sound connected to me.
well, im just ASSUMING that it's post-crisis.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 10:11 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

The events of Superman Returns use the first two films as continuity. Especially considering the eventual re-release of a Superman II director's cut...the original Donner cut.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:56 PM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

We are supposed to ignore 3 onwards - which is easy it takes place after Gog and co have ravaged Metropolis and Washington. Singer saw no point in remaking the orrigin as everyone is familiar with the basic plot. Last Son of Krypton, Rocketed to Earth from a dying planet, blah, blah, blah - So he went with this - adding post crisis characters, I think it's a great concept.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 11:12 AM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_as_Knight

the new movie is not directly connected to the older ones. the events take place after the second one, but they aren't directly connected. he uses 1 and 2 as a foundation, but this is an all new series of films; or should be depending on how the first one does. 3 and 4 don't and won't come into play. so yea... they're connected, but they're not. with that said.... i'm looking forward to this movie.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 08:20 PM
Dark_as_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_as_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_as_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, im just ASSUMING that it's post-crisis.

Actually,I think it's rather a mix of both Pre-Crisis Superman and Post-Crisis Superman.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 12:21 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Ok, if this is AFTER Superman II, why are they showing the scenes of Clark as a boy again? It's making no sense. To me it sounds like they are showing his origins again.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 01:20 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

I think its a flash back...Supes is sort of re-discovering himself and who he is.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 04:59 AM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Yeah know I really enjoyed the first 2 supermen movies and when I saw them in the theatres I still get nostalgic flashbackssmile I am looking forward to this 2.5.

As far as feats though in 1 and 2 the only presrisis power I remember him doing was turning back time spinning around the world superfast to bring back loissmile

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

We see Clark as a young boy because they are flashbacks, tlbauerle is right.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:54 PM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

its the Batman Begins soup, except they're focussing less on origin...

but Brian Singer apparantly came up with the film idea when he was a junior... you can start panicing.... to me it sounds true, cos' only a kid would say "hey wouldn't it be cool if lois has a baby when supes ain't around?"

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 11:53 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote