KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Was it a continuation?

Was it a continuation?
Started by: Kal875

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Miffed Was it a continuation?

Was Superman Returns a continuation, or a remake of the 3rd one, or a whole new one.

I saw it the other day and I still don't know.

(mods feel free to do your thing)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 08:24 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's a continuation of events shown in Superman I & II, for the most part. Things referenced like Clark's father passing away but his mother is still alive, how Lex Luthor knows where the Fortress Of Solitude is ( it's why it seems he's been there before) etc. Forget Superman III & IV; we're going to pretend they didn't happen.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 08:32 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

In other words, old 1 & 2 are the basic but not prequels officially.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 08:43 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Superman Returns is a "vague sequel" of Superman I & II.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 09:40 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

O. M. G

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 09:44 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Superman Returns is a "vague sequel" of Superman I & II.

Right.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 09:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

well its explained like this:

In superman 1 we see his power to bring back time. After Superman 2 everything went downhill without Donner. Even the special effects were worse. So Superman sees how this turns out and turns back time to start over again. Its a very good explaination i saw it on some superman website interviewing Bryan Singer. ala, Superman III & IV Never EXISTED.

"They are good people, Kal-el... They wish to be."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 05:05 AM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some members had make me hot recently, so I'm strong enough to give away something. How about in the new sequel after a real battle with the 3 malevolent kryptonians...a catastrophe that S couldn't have stopped in time. Then in the end he swings around Earth to reestablish the cities of the world. The only way we can have these films magnified.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 07:33 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

He broke the rule of his father by going back in time to save Lois from death (Superman I), but it was helped that he made the decision quickly, before any more time passed. He tries to go back and change history after years have passed - results could be very twisted.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 03:32 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a "new" sequel rough. Look at this: news all over the world...how's that woman in black? she appears to be everywhere a disaster is. S gets there faster than ever and asks her "who are you...what do you want?" then the voice of a man "she's with me" S looks on that huge man and then someone approaching "son of Jor-El, we thought our home planet was destroy...how about this one?" S says "no, you can't!" Zod "we always have good time to explore" and the three blast off in the sky taking different routes and S decides to tail Zod while the other two make the world cry. I can continue if you want.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 07:25 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

thanks guys

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:42 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Zaius
Damn Dirty Ape

Worried

Originally posted by redcaped
This is a "new" sequel rough. Look at this: news all over the world...how's that woman in black? she appears to be everywhere a disaster is. S gets there faster than ever and asks her "who are you...what do you want?" then the voice of a man "she's with me" S looks on that huge man and then someone approaching "son of Jor-El, we thought our home planet was destroy...how about this one?" S says "no, you can't!" Zod "we always have good time to explore" and the three blast off in the sky taking different routes and S decides to tail Zod while the other two make the world cry. I can continue if you want.

Huh?!

With all due respect, redcaped, I don't understand a blessed word of this.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:58 PM
Dr. Zaius is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Zaius a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Zaius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by roughrider
Forget Superman III & IV; we're going to pretend they didn't happen.

Well, maybe not III (I like the late Richard Pryor)but yeah, IV never happen.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 09:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, you're not dealing with lifeless missiles here! And it is obvious for someone like Jor-El who warned about the incoming distortion to be well known to the congress and their people...he has a son. This time it's serious...to me.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 10:01 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

My message to the audience is that "this is not just an old subject but the way it is suppose to be" period.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 10:04 PM
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

Originally posted by chase el
well its explained like this:

In superman 1 we see his power to bring back time. After Superman 2 everything went downhill without Donner. Even the special effects were worse. So Superman sees how this turns out and turns back time to start over again. Its a very good explaination i saw it on some superman website interviewing Bryan Singer. ala, Superman III & IV Never EXISTED.

its explained here

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 02:59 AM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sapphiremouse

Originally posted by redcaped
My message to the audience is that "this is not just an old subject but the way it is suppose to be" period.
im with the doctor on this one...what the hell??? smoke another one!!! blah....blah...blah...doesnt mean a thing. Is this a email from Arkaham Asylum??

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 05:55 AM
sapphiremouse is currently offline Click here to Send sapphiremouse a Private Message Find more posts by sapphiremouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just love S and I want my sequel with the best event from his story.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 05:57 AM
Osaka
Bonkura

Originally posted by roughrider
It's a continuation of events shown in Superman I & II, for the most part. Things referenced like Clark's father passing away but his mother is still alive, how Lex Luthor knows where the Fortress Of Solitude is ( it's why it seems he's been there before) etc. Forget Superman III & IV; we're going to pretend they didn't happen.

What he said! thumb up

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:51 AM
Osaka is currently offline Click here to Send Osaka a Private Message Find more posts by Osaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, maybe not III (I like the late Richard Pryor)but yeah, IV never happen.

III is still kind of entertaining, if you want more comedy. Calgary, Alberta is a fairly large city but didn't stand in very well for Metropolis, to me. The best thing is, it looks great compared to IV. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 04:01 PM