KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How would you change Superman's comics in modern comics?

How would you change Superman's comics in modern comics?
Started by: Mirai Gohan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worried How would you change Superman's comics in modern comics?

I'd make it more like armor instead of tights with underwear. I'd completely get rid of the classic red & blue costume & make it more like armor & get rid of the underwear. Superman is a great hero but his costume is holding him back. If not armor, he should wear his black & white costume all the time.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 05:32 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The costume is iconic. When they changed it in the 90s for a few years everyone hated it and complained.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 07:04 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't complain. I'm a big fan of Superman but I honestly wouldn't mind if he stopped wearing underwear on the outside of his costume.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 07:18 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

You're one of the few.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 11:34 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, maybe on this forum but there may be a lot of people who agree with me. I don't hate the classic costume, I just wouldn't mind if it were changed.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 12:09 AM
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Re: How would you change Superman's comics in modern comics?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
I'd make it more like armor instead of tights with underwear. I'd completely get rid of the classic red & blue costume & make it more like armor & get rid of the underwear. Superman is a great hero but his costume is holding him back. If not armor, he should wear his black & white costume all the time.

Why would Superman need armor? Bullets bounce off his skin...

And while I wouldn't mind seeing Superman get "Back in Black", as others have said, his costume is iconic... When you say Superman, that's what people think...

It's not like with Batman, where you can change the color scheme (black, black-grey, blue-grey, etc.)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 12:24 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

quote:
I wouldn't complain. I'm a big fan of Superman but I honestly wouldn't mind if he stopped wearing underwear on the outside of his costume.

I've alway wondered why no one complains about Batman's costume. He has the same thing going on.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 12:26 AM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC's Superboy
Boy Of Steel

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
I've alway wondered why no one complains about Batman's costume. He has the same thing going on.
not realy supes has had his costume since 1938 and bat has changed over time

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 04:01 AM
KMC's Superboy is currently offline Click here to Send KMC's Superboy a Private Message Find more posts by KMC's Superboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: How would you change Superman's comics in modern comics?

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Why would Superman need armor? Bullets bounce off his skin...

And while I wouldn't mind seeing Superman get "Back in Black", as others have said, his costume is iconic... When you say Superman, that's what people think...

It's not like with Batman, where you can change the color scheme (black, black-grey, blue-grey, etc.)

Armor can make for great costumes.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 06:55 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well Superboy Prime had armor to feed him yellow sunlight to make himself more powerful, Superman could use something like that if he was fighting under a red sun or something.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 07:03 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

That could work but if his costume is to be changed, instead of armor, I'd go with the black & white suit.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 07:24 AM
Magee

Why the hell would Superman where armour?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 01:11 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Magee
Why the hell would Superman where armour?

Like I said, maybe to prevent him from losing power under a red sun like Superboy Prime did

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 01:16 PM
Magee

That would tie in with a plot in which it would make sense for him to wear armour, sun light absorption armour. The guy who made this thread just said his costume should be changed, why would he fly around metropolis in armour is what I mean, would be redundant. It would just get crushed and broken every time he had to fight. Where as he can wear skin tight spandex which is indestructible due to his aura and not have to worry about fighting naked.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 01:18 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hannibal-Lector

Id try to have him keep his classic comic weaknesses rather that him getting stronger to overcome them, it just seems wierd to have him too.... too.... super

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 01:33 PM
Hannibal-Lector is currently offline Click here to Send Hannibal-Lector a Private Message Find more posts by Hannibal-Lector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Green K needs to be completely forgotten about. His main weakness should be magic & instead of him being totally invincible his enemies should be able to hurt him.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 11:31 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mirai Gohan
Green K needs to be completely forgotten about. His main weakness should be magic & instead of him being totally invincible his enemies should be able to hurt him.

the way doomsday, brainiac and darkseid can?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 11:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

I like the classic costume, but i wouldn't mind if they mixed it up a bit like make his sleeves extend so they lead into gloves. Kind of make his costume look a little cooler, or more practical, kind of like ultimate Captain America from Ultimates 2

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 12:48 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pr1983
the way doomsday, brainiac and darkseid can?

Yeah, he should take more beatings from people on or above his level of power instead of taking beatings from a bald man with a green rock.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 05:26 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well one thing is that he shouldn't be able to beat Darkseid like they've been having him do

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 08:43 AM