KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Should I watch Superman 1-4 before Returns?

Should I watch Superman 1-4 before Returns?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Should I watch Superman 1-4 before Returns?

I've borrowed Superman Returns from my local library, because that was the only one available, but I'm wondering should I watch the first 4 before I go onto SR? Am I going to be confused in any parts of SR if I haven't seen 1-4? Or does Returns stand on it's own quite well? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2014 10:46 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Returns takes place after Superman 2. It's kinda like a spiritual successor. It can be watched on its own but it won't make the movie any better or worse.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2014 12:05 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

You should avoid returns IMO

Just stick to 1,2 skip 3 and maybe watch 4

Def watch Man of steel

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2014 12:52 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

watch superman 1 and donner's cut of 2.. watch 3 for the clark kent/superman fight and nothing else.. watch 4 for its awesome chessy goodness.. then return that dvd to your library and watch clips of superman returns on youtube.. then watch man of steel til your eyes dry..

Old Post Jan 9th, 2014 05:50 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I've actually already seen Man of Steel.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2014 05:17 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BUSTER1

Iwould suggest watching 1 and 2. Even as a 40 year old adult I still enjoy those films, especially Superman 2.
Avoid 3 and 4 like the plague.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2014 02:04 PM
BUSTER1 is currently offline Click here to Send BUSTER1 a Private Message Find more posts by BUSTER1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Christopher R. was one of the only human beings who could make me forget how much I hate Superman. Only for millisecond but still. That's high praise indeed.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 03:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Christopher R. was one of the only human beings who could make me forget how much I hate Superman. Only for millisecond but still. That's high praise indeed.

Which part in which movie? The best is his reaction of anger and horror before he flies into space to rewind time to save Lois.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2014 04:04 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just watch Superman one and two. Don't watch Returns. Watch Man of Steel.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 02:30 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

i recommend not watching any of them unless you enjoy movies with massive plot holes.
supes in these movies is very fluffy and gets emasculated in his day job by an idiot who can't recognize him with a pair of glasses on.

if you're new to superman, then just watch man of steel.

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2014 11:31 PM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Skip III, its a useless movie.

IV was bearable.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2014 02:34 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

watch superman 1 and 2, skip 3 and 4. as far as MOS goes it was ok. And as far as Returns goes, I would have liked it more if it came out 15 years earlier. Good movie at the wrong time.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 12:26 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iscaremonkeys

watch 1 2 and 3

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 02:49 AM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Superman I is still must see viewing. Superman II, try to find the Richard Donner Director's Cut. Superman III isn't as bad as some say, it's kind of fun. Avoid Superman IV. Superman Returns is a worthy movie, even though it fawns very heavily at the feet of I.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 12th, 2014 05:10 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote