KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » What is it about X-Men that makes you a fan?

What is it about X-Men that makes you a fan?
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

What is it about X-Men that makes you a fan?

For me, it is the difference in all the people. The variety of people that gather to fight off the 'evil' presence. Such a wide array of people 'uniting,' it was rather inspiring.

But, when I was younger, it was more the dream of being like them. big grin

What aspect of X-Men appeals to you the most? Be it now or before.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 04:53 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

well b4 the same thing, i wanted to be Gambit and date Rogue, now...the prejudice thing, the Evolution subject, that it could be real some thousands of years forward...and that there are characters "near to reality", some of them aren't good at all or bad at all like in other stories...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 05:08 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Be@st
Elanor's Husband

I like the way that they described characters. No one is just good...or bad...everyone have their own story.

If u look backwards in your life and smile , u have forgot about most of it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 10:48 PM
Be@st is currently offline Click here to Send Be@st a Private Message Find more posts by Be@st Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kofmaster
Dealer wins not your game

ummmmmmmmmmm coz pyro burns people blink i dunno

We hide behind the crimson door..

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 11:03 PM
kofmaster is currently offline Click here to Send kofmaster a Private Message Find more posts by kofmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

My first look at the X-Men world was a few years ago in that old Marvel Superheroes game..... obviously I played with Psylocke (and I hated Spiderman so much 'cause he always beat me mad but now we are friends.... I even watch his movies and buy his comics ocasionally wink).... ok but back on topic.....Psylocke was who dragged me into this X-World and I wanted to be a ninja and kick everyone's......eyes big grin

did I answer your question? blink

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 06:09 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i was weird with me...
long time ago (don't kill me) i was thinking that is is just another stupid-hero-story...
but later i saw evo, and i noticed that they're normal ppl with only some powers.
so i saw the movie/s.
and start to getting more info about it.

and btw rogue in evo has similar personality to me.. confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 11:13 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

i like x-men cuz they're funny big grin that's all

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 11:13 AM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mana4X2
To die for, Savvy?

I like X-Men cos I would love to have powers like that. The thought of having some of those abilitis totally rocks. I love the special effects in the movies too. I would love to know someone like Logan or Rogue.

Mana

Norrington: "You actually were telling the truth."
Jack: "I do that quite a lot, yet people are always surprised."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 01:46 PM
Mana4X2 is currently offline Click here to Send Mana4X2 a Private Message Find more posts by Mana4X2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sunspot
One of a Kind

the powers, the style of the characters and wolverine =P

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 02:15 PM
Sunspot is currently offline Click here to Send Sunspot a Private Message Find more posts by Sunspot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poshtotty1987
'Fallen Angel'

i like x-men because it's different and really successful.
Its kinda what we see everyday of out lives cos its a different race/culture. its like mutants h8 humans cos they dont understand thats there's more than just 1 culture.
and also i like iceman!! mmmmmm shawn ashmore

Happy Dance It's the legendary TV series of the 60's but unlike the 1966 feature Thunderbirds Are Go, this time there are no strings attached! big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 08:20 PM
poshtotty1987 is currently offline Click here to Send poshtotty1987 a Private Message Find more posts by poshtotty1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
poshtotty1987
'Fallen Angel'

i meant humans h8 mutants

Happy Dance It's the legendary TV series of the 60's but unlike the 1966 feature Thunderbirds Are Go, this time there are no strings attached! big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 08:23 PM
poshtotty1987 is currently offline Click here to Send poshtotty1987 a Private Message Find more posts by poshtotty1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Be@st
Elanor's Husband

Yeah....it's not just fight of good and evil...it also has some sort of message.

If u look backwards in your life and smile , u have forgot about most of it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 08:39 PM
Be@st is currently offline Click here to Send Be@st a Private Message Find more posts by Be@st Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

quote:
Originally posted by Pao
My first look at the X-Men world was a few years ago in that old Marvel Superheroes game..... obviously I played with Psylocke (and I hated Spiderman so much 'cause he always beat me mad but now we are friends.... I even watch his movies and buy his comics ocasionally wink).... ok but back on topic.....Psylocke was who dragged me into this X-World and I wanted to be a ninja and kick everyone's......eyes big grin

did I answer your question? blink

i played it when i was 10 years. i still remeber the sounds Psylocke made in Marvel Super Heroes!! somth like Feisca!!, Fighting!!! (i didnt know english that time, and i still don know what it means )

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 09:13 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanor
Be@st's Wife

quote:
Originally posted by cLoVi€
i was weird with me...
long time ago (don't kill me) i was thinking that is is just another stupid-hero-story...
but later i saw evo, and i noticed that they're normal ppl with only some powers.
so i saw the movie/s.
and start to getting more info about it.

and btw rogue in evo has similar personality to me.. confused

i almost totally agree with clov

but now this was Dez who 'introduced' xmen to me and first i didnt really understand why she loved it so much laughing out loud
but then i saw the first movie, the evo episodes and then when i saw the second movie i had already been a big fan of it big grin

actually i love it cuz of the characters i think 8)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 09:21 PM
Elanor is currently offline Click here to Send Elanor a Private Message Find more posts by Elanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

when i was a kid... i started to buy Marvel cards during school then...
we used to play with the cards... a sort of bets and winnings...
until i gained a lot of those cards and started to read the back stories and other info and so i struck with the groupings and i tried to sort them according to their groups and i came up with the Avengers group and the X-Men...

I didn't like the Avengers story... that was sooo common... and boring.

What I like most in X-Men characters is that they were threatened by humanity but still continues to uphold the principle of uniting these humans with mutant kinds. I dunno... that much feels unique to me... and with sense. cool

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 04:52 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kofmaster
Dealer wins not your game

they are outcasts whitch is kool, ^^ coz they can kick some serious butt big grin

We hide behind the crimson door..

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 04:54 AM
kofmaster is currently offline Click here to Send kofmaster a Private Message Find more posts by kofmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Mutants are met with fear and hostility. Human nature makes us fear what we do not understand. (God, I sound like Xavier)

Has anyone watched the cast and crew interviews on 1.5? Ian talks about how is can relate to the life of a mutant because, even though he is a movie star, he is also a homosexual. He knows what it is like to be feared, and mocked, and so on and so forth.

It is easy to relate to X-Men because.... they are very life-like.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 07:06 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RiverX-girl
In love with Piotr

Yeah, and it's like no matter who you are, where you're from, or what your deal is, there's someone you can relate to. Being able to relate to a character just makes it better!

"When did Professor Xavier's dream become such a nightmare? Maybe Magneto was right? Maybe we should learn to hate em back. Maybe it's time we accepted that there really isn't room on this planet for us to share. Maybe it's time we do something about it."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 02:43 AM
RiverX-girl is currently offline Click here to Send RiverX-girl a Private Message Find more posts by RiverX-girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

"People fear what they don't understand. It makes them do wrong things sometimes --- Things they come to regret later..."
-Scott Summers, X-Men TAS

I always believe in that. I remember the times when once I was discriminated and persecuted by the people who I considered friends just because of what I should believe and what I used to believe...
It's just they don't understand... I dunno...

That's why I like the X-Men so much... I can relate in one way or another to what they are dealing with in the side of what they call -- LIFE.

cool

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 04:33 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

for me, it was how well they wrote the characters...portraying them as regular people just like us that went through changes in their life to, i suppose you could say, "fulfill" their destiny

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 06:14 AM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote