KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion

X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion
Started by: TheOnes2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOnes2
I am The Ones

Ive seen X-3

It was a really good movie. I cant be bothered to post a review this late so ask me questions and i'll be happy to answer them

Old Post May 24th, 2006 09:01 PM
TheOnes2 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOnes2 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOnes2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

I have to agree. For my taste a little too many mutants and action, but overall satisfying.
The best thing for me was the Phoenix. Even though she did not appear with her comic fire bird image, she was a lot more frightening than in the comics...really scary!!!
The worst thing for me was, that Angel was nothing more than a shallow plot device. mad mad

Hint...Wait until after the credits...it's worth it! yes

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 24th, 2006 09:38 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOnes2
I am The Ones

Wannabe, atleast we got the Phoenix Flame. And Angel saving his dad was.....not needed. He had no development then Callisto and co try and push his dad off the building only to be saved by his son, who he wanted to change? Please...

But over all, really good (some scenes were too rushed)

X-3: 8/10

X-2: 8.9/10

X-1: 6/10

Old Post May 24th, 2006 09:57 PM
TheOnes2 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOnes2 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOnes2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

ya, his dad doesnt like something bout him, so he should let someone kill his dad...reasonable?

why wouldnt he sae his dad...he wanted him to be normal

Old Post May 24th, 2006 10:25 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

okay yea people the last time i saw x-men cartoons was about ten or twelve and now im nineteen along ass time ago the comics too so im wonderin people who the hell is collisto and psylocke???

Old Post May 24th, 2006 10:32 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Wannabe, atleast we got the Phoenix Flame. And Angel saving his dad was.....not needed. He had no development then Callisto and co try and push his dad off the building only to be saved by his son, who he wanted to change? Please...

But over all, really good (some scenes were too rushed)

X-3: 8/10

X-2: 8.9/10

X-1: 6/10
I can very well live with Jean not showing her bird image...the film version is sooo much scarier and more frightening than the comic version, i almost wetted myself when Xavier confronted her...COOL!
Nice to see Storm actually fighting and flying around.
Yes to everything you said about Angel etc.

Btw...the thing after the credits...wasn't that awesome (and relieving)?!

X-1 7/10
X-2 9/10
X-3 8/10

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 24th, 2006 11:07 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

It was a pretty good movie, and I appreciated how it didn't mind to be a bit more violent than the first two movies. I mean, jean obliterating the prof came as a shock to me. but i loved it.

Also, wolverine was shown as a lot more tactical and a better fighter than when he was portrayed as a simple berserker in the first two films.

If ever they make a sequel, they should make it Age of Apocalypse, since most of the main Xmen already died and in AoA only a little xmen are left.

The only bad thing about the movie was that I wish they could have given colossus more screen time. I really love that character. I was kinda waiting for him and juggernaut to clobber each other... but to no avail.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 11:20 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

So Is spiderman in it ?
What happen to the juggernaut ?
Did Wolvie do anything ?
How much of nasty beast do you see ?
How long was the movie ?

Last edited by Null on May 24th, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Old Post May 24th, 2006 11:20 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Ritoshi
So Is spiderman in it ?
What happen to the juggernaut ?
Did Wolvie do anything ?
How much of nasty beast do you see ?
How long was the movie ?

Spidey wasn't in it.
Juggy's part was like sabertooth's in the first movie. Magneto's big man.
Wolvie did a lot. Like 60% of the movie
Beast was mostly in a suit, but he did have ample screen time and only 1 fight scene.
the movie was around 104 mins.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 11:51 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wsg
Wolvie'sgirl

WHAT THING AFTER THE CREDITS!!!??!?!! IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

thanks...

Professor X

Old Post May 25th, 2006 01:19 AM
wsg is currently offline Click here to Send wsg a Private Message Find more posts by wsg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

yes my the actor juggernant made a agreement to be signed to the other x-men movies four and five!!! or contract how ever you see it as!!

Old Post May 25th, 2006 01:26 AM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Sabertooth and Lady death were signed for 2 movies and well..there dead...

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:21 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Hyde

I haven't seen this yet. Comes out today.
The review I've seen and read seems to think the 3rd is not as good as the first two... will have to decide for myself when I watch it later this week smile

You people! If there isn't a movie about it, it's not worth knowing, is it? - Metatron

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:34 AM
Ms Hyde is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Hyde a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Hyde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOnes2
I am The Ones

"WHAT THING AFTER THE CREDITS!!!??!?!! IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!!"

Proffessor X is shown in another body (moria mctaggart if im not mistaken)

Old Post May 25th, 2006 07:05 AM
rianna_d

I'm disappointed with this movie, I enjoyed it but... there was something missing... and yes... the end gave me hope for another X movie!!!
(I meant the scene at the end of the credits!)

Still, I'm having mixed feelings about this... sad

Last edited by rianna_d on May 25th, 2006 at 07:55 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2006 07:51 AM
rianna_d is currently offline Click here to Send rianna_d a Private Message Find more posts by rianna_d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

THX ALOT!!!! mad

stick out tongue oh well now i know who dies...

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post May 25th, 2006 08:05 AM
Xam is currently offline Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Pity, that you told him...would have been a nice surprise for the others. sad
And you ARE mistaken!!! (now that the secret is out i can explain how)
In the beginning of the film Charles gives an ethics lesson with an example of a brain dead but otherwise healthy man, who could be the vessel for the psyche of a man suffering from lethal cancer, and if that would be ok or not. The brain dead man is treated by Moira McTaggart, a friend of Charles.
So after the credits, the room in which the patient is treated is shown. Moira is standing at the instruments and suddenly the man begins to speak with Xavier's voice, greeting Moira, and she, full in shock, just asks: "Charles?" END

When Jean disintegrated Charles (most horrifying scene of the film imo, gives you the creeps!), i already assumed that he transfered his mind into another body (those telepaths do that every now and then in the comics), but i thought it would be Wolverine's, because he was the last person Charles looked at. But the Brain-Dead-Man-Version is way better i think.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 25th, 2006 09:22 AM
RogueWitch
In Total Control

i saw it yesterday. I thought it was really good although it could have been a little longer.

It was so sad sometimes though

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:47 AM
RogueWitch is currently offline Click here to Send RogueWitch a Private Message Find more posts by RogueWitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wsg
Wolvie'sgirl

So lemme get this straight... Prof appearse inside another dude's bod then speaks to "Moira MacTaggert"? Then it just cuts off with La Fin!!!!???

Professor X

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:02 PM
wsg is currently offline Click here to Send wsg a Private Message Find more posts by wsg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Intresting!!!

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post May 25th, 2006 02:22 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote