KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Magneto: The Debate

villain Or Not?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes he's a Villain 24 38.10%
No, he just wants whats best. 39 61.90%
Total: 63 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Magneto: The Debate
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Magneto: The Debate

Here is a really simple thing for everyone to try and answer.

Is Magneto Actually a Villain? Or Is he More of a Good Guy?

Think about it, hes not fighting for world domination or conquest. He's fighting for Mutant rights, in a more military way. He just wants mutants to be respected and not feared or hated.

So Is He Really a Villain?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 03:37 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Magneto's creator described him as "villain". What's debatable with that?

His end may sound good... but how about the means? How can you justify everything Magneto has ever done since start?
quote:
For one, it is a safe haven for mutants like them, for humanity is not yet ready to accept superpowered individuals in their midst, but it also serves as a training ground to prepare the X-Men for upcoming battles with evil mutants, who view themselves as superior to humanity and want to rule it. One such mutant is Magneto, who attacks the US' missile center, Cape Citadel, the following day and claims the base for himself. Xavier sends his X-Men to stop him and, while the army could not even get in the base, thanks to magnetic shields erected by Magneto, the five teenagers succeed. Magneto is both unprepared to face other mutants and also underestimates the X-Men, because of their youth.

[Uncanny X-Men #1, September 1963]

Last edited by Jury on Jun 16th, 2006 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 04:50 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

In the original comics, he is definitely a villain, but not so much from what I've seen in the newer comics.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 05:12 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

I don't think he is, he seems more for going for a cause.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:08 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

If anything Magneto is an Anti-Hero. The best kind of hero. . .

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:31 AM
RaidenDeadpool is currently offline Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I don't think he is, he seems more for going for a cause.
Whatever his intention is as long as his actions are villanous such as:
quote:
One such mutant is Magneto, who attacks the US' missile center, Cape Citadel, the following day and claims the base for himself.

... he's still a villain.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:40 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

As long as the harmony of humans and mutants is concerned.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:45 AM
Jury
Extreme Member

If he is not villain, why is he so antagonistic in Charles' dream of human-mutant harmony?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:56 AM
RaidenDeadpool
"Nerd maker funner of-er"

Originally posted by Jury
Whatever his intention is as long as his actions are villanous such as:

... he's still a villain.

As long as the harmony of humans and mutants is concerned.

If he is not villain, why is he so antagonistic in Charles' dream of human-mutant harmony?

Dude compile on answer.

The above image is not of Cyrax doing the "Charleston". It is of Deadpool disguised as Cyrax and mocking him by doing the "Charleston". That's just what he does...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 06:58 AM
RaidenDeadpool is currently offline Click here to Send RaidenDeadpool a Private Message Find more posts by RaidenDeadpool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:19 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Because there are Mutants that want to be human, and do apreciated there gift.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:48 AM
Majestik
The Original Boiled Egg

He's not a villian, it's just how he's portrayed (in a negative light)...I consider him one of the good guys

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:50 AM
Majestik is currently offline Click here to Send Majestik a Private Message Find more posts by Majestik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Because there are Mutants that want to be human, and do apreciated there gift.
So what's wrong with that?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:54 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

He's fighting for what HE thinks is right. He does not care about non-mutants. He blames them all for the actions of a few. Just like the non-mutants do

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 02:23 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

Originally posted by Kal875
He's fighting for what HE thinks is right. He does not care about non-mutants. He blames them all for the actions of a few. Just like the non-mutants do
So he is villain or not?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 01:35 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

depends on whos point of veiw you look @ it from.

The real question should be, Is Magneto's actions just?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 01:51 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superbatman86

Before the House of M I would say he wants the best but after killing his own son he just got pushed into the villian area.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 03:02 AM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

So, he's a villain, indeed.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 05:33 AM
Jury
Extreme Member

He is villain.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 05:08 AM
NoFate007

I'd label him as an Anti-Hero. He does villainous acts, yes, but in his eyes he's doing what he thinks is best and not just want he wants. If Magneto were a strict villain, I think he would want to conquer everything and be thought of as a god, rather than focusing so much on mutant brotherhood and such. He doesn't think as much about the human race as he does for the mutants, but I don't think Magneto would want to kill all humans - I think he kills as a scare tactic. Plus there have been times when he supports Charles and doesn't just try to turn something into a brawl. Now someone like Apocalypse is definitely a villain, but Magneto I think is an Anti-Hero.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2006 08:09 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote