KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why were Magnitto & Xavia middle aged in a specific scene in 'The Last Stand'?

Why were Magnitto & Xavia middle aged in a specific scene in 'The Last Stand'?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Why were Magnitto & Xavia middle aged in a specific scene in 'The Last Stand'?

Yes! I know it sounds like a stupid question, but allow me to explain what I mean. In X-men: The Last Stand, we see a bit set in the past when Charles & Eric were friends & they were speaking to Jean A.K.A Fonix, but in the scene, Magnitto A.K.A Eric was probablt good, but het he looked exactly the same as he does in the main trillogy & so does Charles, although he's not in his wheelchair. We see in X-Me: First Class that when Magnitto & Carles were friends, they were young & Charles got a wheelchair at the end of the film. Why do Charles & Eric look middle aged in that scene in the last stand?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 03:40 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

First Class is a reboot of the film series.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 04:00 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not a reboot, it was a prequel and is linked to X1, 2 and 3.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 07:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I thought it was a reboot. It certainly seemed that way to me. Not too many things like First Class to XM1, 2 or 3.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 10:12 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not saying it was done superbly or horribly, but it was a prequel and linked to the three X films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 11:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

X-men films are so full of holes they just gave up and decided that they'll just whatever they want. The X-men films kill the franchise, such a waste of potential.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 12:51 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Big O
Not too many things like First Class to XM1, 2 or 3.
I totally meant "linked."

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 05:22 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Why were Magnitto & Xavia middle aged in a specific scene in 'The Last Stand'?

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Yes! I know it sounds like a stupid question, but allow me to explain what I mean. In X-men: The Last Stand, we see a bit set in the past when Charles & Eric were friends & they were speaking to Jean A.K.A Fonix, but in the scene, Magnitto A.K.A Eric was probablt good, but het he looked exactly the same as he does in the main trillogy & so does Charles, although he's not in his wheelchair. We see in X-Me: First Class that when Magnitto & Carles were friends, they were young & Charles got a wheelchair at the end of the film. Why do Charles & Eric look middle aged in that scene in the last stand?

They also used a CG facelift on both Xavier and Lensherr to make them appear twenty years younger. I guess to some it wasn't very convincing.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Re: Re: Why were Magnitto & Xavia middle aged in a specific scene in 'The Last Stand'?

Originally posted by roughrider
They also used a CG facelift on both Xavier and Lensherr to make them appear twenty years younger. I guess to some it wasn't very convincing.

It was very convincing. That's not his point.

His point was the fact that Xavier and Erik were friends recruiting Jean "before" Xavier became wheelchair bound. Whereas in First Class Xavier became crippled before they chose separate paths.

In the comics Xavier was wheelchair bound before he even formed the first X-men so the 3rd film went with it. But in the new film that wasn't the case. They went with a more Ultimate Comics X-men path and had Magneto responsible for Xavier's disability rather than the comics shortlived villain Lucifer.

Last edited by the ninjak on Feb 14th, 2012 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 07:24 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well it's common knowledge that First Class is a reboot and they are discounting most everything seen in X3 and Wolverine. So the OP should put his questions to rest.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 04:39 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Even with Last Stand and Wolverine, it's not that big of a leap to have Charles and Erik working together and Charles walking in the 70's and 80's. Look at the comics. I just assumed they reunited and resumed their friendship after fighting a common threat and that Erik was using some piece of technology he rigged up to keep Charles' spine together. I'm assuming that Magneto's still going to build the underground part of the mansion and that a future movie will involve Asteroid M.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 02:45 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Erik was using some piece of technology he rigged up to keep Charles' spine together.

How wonderful. Tell me more.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:49 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote