KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul

Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul
Started by: master harmax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
master harmax

Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul

In the red corner ... over 7 ft.tall weighing atleast 250 pounds - clad in awesome dark armour - concieved by the will of the Force - got shellacked by his guru when he was 20 something and he's still hurting from the embarrasement of it all - right hand of Darth Sidious, the sith lord who managed to dupe Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi Wan and all the rest of those dopey Jedi masters - can strangle people long distance, great at telepathy and other cool force tricks - never sleeps ( as far as we know ). Got a whole bunch of cool lines under his belt like "Your powers are weak old man","The emperor is not as forgiving as I am","You don't know the power of the dark side" etc. etc.

In the blue corner ... looks more scary then the devil in Exorcist ( well almost ) - uses a double bladed lightsabre - a tendency to get complacent and overconfident ... doesn't try to out talk his opponents into submission, prefers to let his Karate skills do the talking ... for height and weight refer to Ray Park websites for further information ...

WHO'S THE GREATEST ?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 12:56 PM
Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Vader, because Anakin IS the Chosen One, you must see!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 01:01 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

Couldn't have put it better and more succintly myself ... you de man Yerssot

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 04:07 PM
Click here to Send master harmax a Private Message Find more posts by master harmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Obi-wan whopped both of their sorry asses!

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 06:37 PM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

ToMacco, that wasn't an option.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 10:23 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Like Master Harmax said in another thread, we haven't seen Darth Vader in his prime. We've only seen him in the OT, where the lightsaber duels were slow. In the OT, Darth Maul would whip his butt. In PT, Vader could have a 20/20 in saber dueling, while, according to Ushgarak, Darth Maul has dueling skills of 18/20 and Dooku has 19/20. I have dueling skills of 1/20. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 12:04 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

Tomacco - Obi Wan whipped Anakin, NOT Vader - Anakin was neither a fully fledged Jedi Master NOR a fully fledged sith lord.
I hope Darth Vader in Ep.3 is a lot scarier, faster and a better martial artist then in the OT and like Cap.Rex said with sabre dueling skills of 20/20. Hayden's got his work cut out for him.
I have sabre dueling skills of 0/20.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 10:28 AM
finti

Vader rules

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 10:41 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

Absolutely! cool

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

My dueling skills are -20/20.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 05:12 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

For no apparent reason, yerss has been quoting a bastardised version of my sabre system for the RP. For the record, it is NOT out of 20, and I don't even use that system in the on-line RP at all.

Is this question who would win in a sabre duel or who is, simply, the greatest? Because if greatness is the question then how can Vader lose, exactly?

Narrow it down to sabre skills and we need to know whether you mean the post or pre-injury Vader.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hey! I'm misquoted! I said that Ush gave Dooku an 19 and Maul an 18. I didn't said it was true (because I first need to see Dooku fighting first!)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 06:29 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well Vader is my obvious fav, but this is not a fair comparison as you've got Vader throughout the entire OT and only 1 film with Maul. And damn little screen time at that. Just giving Maul the benefit of the doubt.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

He IS the Chosen One, you must see!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2002 08:41 PM
master harmax

Angry

The question is - Who's the Greatest, and, right on yerssot - Vader IS the greatest - except now he may have some competition in jedi212guy.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2002 09:36 AM
Ratcat

I'm moving this to the OT & Ep-I forum.

Maul is an Episode-I character and Vader is primarily an OT character for now.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2002 09:47 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I have an idea! How about I start another thread under almost the same name (with permission from Master Harmax) and at the top there is a poll. If one of three Sith Lords (Maul, Vader, or Dooku) win the poll, I'll write a duel between #1 and the runner up. The loser will be busy doing something or assasinated.

How does that sound?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2002 04:26 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'm just a poster; don't ask me

Old Post Jan 19th, 2002 12:00 PM
KJ
Sausages

Vader is the greatest. But the ultimate question is - who would win at chess? confused

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2002 05:17 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
master harmax

Me! I'd win - beat both Vader and Sidious hollow if it came down to chess. smokin'

Old Post Jan 25th, 2002 10:37 AM