KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » why is luke is so whiny

why is luke is so whiny
Started by: wuTa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wuTa

why is luke is so whiny

i dont get get it... how can someone have a father like vader a hot mother like padme cool mentors like obi wan and yoda and still be a whiny beeyatch......" i dont wanna save the galaxy, i cant go with you i need to help uncle owen with the farm"..."thats impossible to lift the fighter jet outa the swamp noone can do it"...

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:46 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

because he is supposed to be young, sheltered, and naive. sheltered, naive people tend to not realize they aren't the center of the galaxy. As such, he whines. At least when Anakin whines about things, he actually has something to whine about.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:48 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Re: why is luke is so whiny

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
i dont get get it... how can someone have a father like vader a hot mother like padme cool mentors like obi wan and yoda and still be a whiny beeyatch......" i dont wanna save the galaxy, i cant go with you i need to help uncle owen with the farm"..."thats impossible to lift the fighter jet outa the swamp noone can do it"...

How can you bring the mentor part of that up when he hasn't been trained when he says the "farm" part! And regardless of his heritage, he's only a farm boy. Put yourself in his place.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:52 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

calm down....i like luke in rotj but that doenst change the fact that hes a whiner....i can bring up the mentor part because when yoda was trainin him he was still whining......and lil anakin was a farm boy and i dont remember him whining nearly as much as luke and luke was twice his age

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:38 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonx
CoMe To ThE DaRkSiDe

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
calm down....i like luke in rotj but that doenst change the fact that hes a whiner....i can bring up the mentor part because when yoda was trainin him he was still whining......and lil anakin was a farm boy and i dont remember him whining nearly as much as luke and luke was twice his age
laughing out loud omg you are so right big grin

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:42 PM
Click here to Send dragonx a Private Message Find more posts by dragonx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Anakin was also a lot more experienced at life at 9 years old then Luke was at...what, he was 19 or 20 by ANH, right?

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 7th, 2004 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Luke is probably my favourite caracter. Everyone says he's whiny, but like it's been mentioned before he's young and also a farmboy. And I agree that he was awesome in ROTJ.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post May 7th, 2004 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

he goes through a lot of shit. form the time he sees owen and beru dead to the time vader destroys the emperor, what he went through is breathtaking.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

why is Luke so whiny??? It runs in the family! (from fathers side)

Old Post May 8th, 2004 09:54 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Good answer. stick out tongue wink happy
Luke's not too whiny anyway...and both he and his father went through heaps.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post May 8th, 2004 10:30 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

not too whiny??? but he wanted to go to Toschi Station to pick up some power converteeeeeeeeeeers sad

Old Post May 8th, 2004 10:57 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

He didn't want to go to Alderaan either

oh wait, he really didn't, did he wink

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 8th, 2004 02:43 PM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
not too whiny??? but he wanted to go to Toschi Station to pick up some power converteeeeeeeeeeers sad
laughing out loud

Old Post May 8th, 2004 02:45 PM
yerssot

I think he's related to Wedge ... That's impossible, even for a computeeeeeeeeeer sad

Old Post May 8th, 2004 04:30 PM
amity75

quote:
Haha! If I could change just one line in the entire saga it would be that one! I just want to throw him down and kick the Tatooine sand in his face when he says that. sick

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 04:45 PM
Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

no the line I want to kick out is "R2222222222" when the droid gets swollen in the swamp in Dagobah. Thats whiny, but otherwise screw you all big grin lukes the man.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I used to bulseye womprats in my T-16 back home, they're not as big as 2 meteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers sad

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:12 PM
The Rover

come to Jaster Mereel

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:14 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

don't spam your threads roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 8th, 2004 06:17 PM
wuTa

quote:
I used to bulseye womprats in my T-16 back home, they're not as big as 2 meteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers sad

your killin me laughing out loud ....C3P0 where in the lower lever trash compactoooooooooor

Old Post May 8th, 2004 09:37 PM