KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Was Vader Sincere?

Was Vader Sincere?
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Question Was Vader Sincere?

In ESB, Vader tells luke "Join me, and together we can end this destructive conflict and rule the galaxy as father and son."
Do you think that this was a genuine offer that Vader would have upheld or not? Vader tells luke that he can destroy the emperor, so do you think that he was trying to get rid of the emperor, or was it all just a trick to try to get luke to follow him?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 10:12 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natch

I think it would be atrick to make Luke think he could have a lot of power but in the end,The Emporer would of killed Vader and made luke his main man.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 11:56 AM
Click here to Send Natch a Private Message Find more posts by Natch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Nar i think it was sincere, im sure Vader wanted to then overthrow the Emperor with Luke, hence the main argument for the 'conflict' that Luke sensed

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 12:26 PM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Natch

yes but,I think empoer would of killed vader before him and luke had a chance to kill him.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Natch a Private Message Find more posts by Natch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

I would imagine Vader and Luke would have been capable of overpowering Palpatine, personally smile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 02:29 PM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Especially since they kinda did in ROTJ. That's why the Emperor said "he could destroy us". He sensed that Luke could beat him, but he didn't understand what that meant. I doubt he thought it meant Luke would turn Vader back to the light.

I think he was sincere in the rule as Father and Son, but with him as the Father, it's almost implied Luke will follow him. But they'd be together, they could destroy the Emperor, and be Sith together. One sick evil- but happy- Sith family.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 04:06 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote