KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » old skool toy lightsabers.

old skool toy lightsabers.
Started by: Gangularis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gangularis

old skool toy lightsabers.

anybody but me, remember these babies?

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys...forcesaber.html

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

yeah, the new ones kick their arses! but they were fun back in the day...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 06:38 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

Gasp, yellow, Georgey would have something to say about that

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 01:40 PM
Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

damn I remember having great fun as a kid with a mate with those. So much so I bought one of the new one's a while back, on the excuse it was a gift for my other halfs birthday. Luckily she's very understanding :P

Wayne

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 03:39 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

see, this is what i mean.

little kids today are f**king spoiled.
they have cool toys, cool cartoons, video games, everything is kickass.
and we had shit like this. a crap sabre with a gigantic handle that my 8 year old hands could barely grasp, figures which SUCKED...yeah you heard me they SUCKED. everything was made so cheap and cheezy.

sure, we had star wars, and a BETTER star wars than whats been added and 'improved'...but the merchandise sucked.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 04:49 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

definetly!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 05:38 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

actually i liked those old sabers better than the new ones. those ones made a sound through the holes in the tops when you whipped them around.. *no batteries required*

i got a green one for i think either my 5th or 6th year suprise birthday party at mcdonalds, and i thought it was the greatest thing ever... total love at first sight. Green will always be my favorite saber color.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Gangularis a Private Message Find more posts by Gangularis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gangularis

also, i don't know if it's just sentiment or what, but i like the old action figures and playsets so much more.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 05:51 PM
Gangularis

quote:
Originally posted by Jerico
Gasp, yellow, Georgey would have something to say about that

don't you remember the yellow saber in return of the jedi?? yeah.. it was in there.

wink

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 05:54 PM
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

trouble with those sabres were they broke far to easily laughing out loud I do remember a few of my mates about 10 years ago at a all night party accidently trashing someones light fittings and breaking the son of the person whose house it was nose with one of those old ones....
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Wayne..

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 06:06 PM
Click here to Send waynerobsonuk a Private Message Find more posts by waynerobsonuk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

addition: I have to confess the light fitting was me embarrasment the rest was my mate rob....... He's now an accountant laughing out loud wonder if his work mates know *evil thought*

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 06:08 PM
mephistodesigns

the new action figures actually look like who they're supposed to be, have far more detailed weapons, and far more articulation. There's really no comparisson at all.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 08:58 PM
Gangularis

the new ones weren't there while i was groing up. the rancor and the ewok village and millenium falcon and the chewie utility belt that held action figures can't be compared to.

you can't argue logically about this one. it's about heart.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 10:00 PM
roundisfunny

quote:
breaking the son of the person whose house it was nose

(head explodes)

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 05:39 AM
Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

The vehicles now a days are the same molds from back in the day. Only now, they have better electronics and paint jobs. But they're the same other than that. And you're right, I can't argue logically with someone who actually likes sub-par toys. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 04:15 PM
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

wshen you come right down to it, it's about childhood memories etc and logical doesn't come into that. It's about heart and soul. I still remember teh 1st time I held a star wars figure {C3PO if anyone is interested). Logically I should be thinking how badly they were made, how stiff they were etc.... But I'm not I remember how over the moon I was to have one.

Wayne..

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 06:27 PM
mephistodesigns

that's what Gangularis already said, its not about logic. I was making a joke. I did have fun with my old figures, only now, when I display the figures on book shelves and on my desk, I prefer more detailed renditions that remind me of the films, not the early 80's. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 05:01 PM
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

sha e is that I never kept my figures, or the original coimics or my models, all thrown out by my mother long ago once I turned into an adult [alledgedlly]. Damn I wish I still had the comics or the graphic annuals I had or eps 4-6 they were amazing considering how early on they were.

Wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:41 AM
waynerobsonuk
Death Star Programmer

BTW this was about 17 years ago!

wayne...

www.DashDotSlash.net

Old Post Nov 12th, 2004 12:42 AM
28Dave37
-Insert Cool Title Here-

Um Jerico GL wouldnt gasp at yellow, it is a saber color. Plo Koon, Yun, Yaddle, Micah Jiiett, Pic, Gorc, Darsha Assant, Callista Ming, Rodann, Quil Dren Fal, and when Luke took up running the jedi order one of the training sabers "Dual 5" is a double bladed yellow lightsaber.

Old Post May 12th, 2005 12:19 AM
Click here to Send 28Dave37 a Private Message Find more posts by 28Dave37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote