KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Coruscant Liberated?

Coruscant Liberated?
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Miffed Coruscant Liberated?

At the end of RotJ we see different worlds cheering after the death of the Emperor. Yet according to EU and basically logic and common sense, we shouldn't see crowds in Coruscant cheering. It's the Imperial Capitol and thre's to great an imperial presence there for them to be cheering the Empire's defeat aswell sa how they found out about the Emperor dying and the New Republic didn't even liberate Coruscant until a year after. Discuss, please.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 07:57 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
viking12344

Well, your right but the only thing I can add is the EU does not equal GL. If he wants em cheering than by god, they are. I just do not understand why.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 10:41 PM
Click here to Send viking12344 a Private Message Find more posts by viking12344 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Maybe they were forced to work under the Emperor?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AmrothSkywalker
Savior of the Galaxy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 2Tidus!
Maybe they were forced to work under the Emperor?

That makes no sense what would that have to do with celebrating?

Leader of the Xbox Live Knights 0f the 0ld Republic clan. "Your overconfidence is your weakness" "Your faith in your friends is yours" "I can feel the good in you, the conflict" "I'll never turn to the dark side"

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:29 AM
Click here to Send AmrothSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by AmrothSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Re: Coruscant Liberated?

Originally posted by exanda kane
according to EU
There the debate ends.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 04:00 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Bah, Emperor is obviously a very bad man. Once loved, now hated. People don't like very bad man.

People cheer when bad man dies.

It really is that simple.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Because if they were forced like slaves to work under the Emperor they would celebrate that they are free and could now do what they want.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 02:46 PM
Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

look what happened when Sadam got captured? look at the cheering in Iraq!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 03:31 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Re: Re: Coruscant Liberated?

Originally posted by JKozzy
There the debate ends.

like JKozzy said

it's EU

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:17 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It's not just EU tho, according to Star Wars logic, it would take a while for them to find etc.
Again i don't think there's any explanation and there's yet another plothole.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:59 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

errr... no there isn't. You base yourself on EU
what you think is logic is irrelevant since you are not lucas who deceides what works in his universe

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by yerssot
errr... no there isn't. You base yourself on EU
what you think is logic is irrelevant since you are not lucas who deceides what works in his universe

thats a rather silly comment to be nice; using turkey-necks (lucas) rather 'of the moment' explanations for the plot-holes he himself creates in his movies, it's quite reasonable to say that those people would never have found out at time, and yes, it 'may' happened afterwards, but then thats kinda the explanation he would come up with.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 08:24 PM
yerssot

as soon as you control Lucasfilm Ltd, your logic will be the one to which fans should listen to. For now, you are not, so your logic with pulling things like EU in it is only to make yourself feel happy about discovering a "plothole"

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 11:46 AM
exanda kane

lol, dont get a semi man. i've obviously found a tiny plothole in the matrix of contradictions that is Star Wars, and you feel the need the praise Lucas for, errr, stealing all our money.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 09:38 PM
yerssot

no, I don't praise him.
If you want to discuss star wars, you obey HIS rules,... he created it, he can say how things work or how they do not. EU is utter bullshit when it comes to movies, this is very clear by the official canonpolicy of Lucasfilm Ltd, if you simply can't understand that it would be better to go to the EU section and complain about the infinite loopholes you found there

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 09:47 PM
Dirty Vader

EU explains it in one of the X-Wing books: Iron Fist.

Castin Donn says that ss soon as the statue was downed, Imperial stormtroopers arrived in full force and opened fire on the crowd to disperse them and bring back order.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

And for all you anti-EU people:
You can't dispute that is indeed stupid. The Empire holds the greater part of the galaxy and has a great military might. No way would they let a crowd take down a statue pf the Emperor in the capital city. Dead or not. And no way would the people try it.

Thank god, the EU writters fixed that flaw.

As was also mentioned, the fact that the news came in so fast to the crowd is also stupid. All this takes place during the rebel victory celebrations, right after the battle. But that's not really a big problem.

On the other hand I'd like to point out that just because Lucas has done something, doesen't mean you have to approve it. Or did you all like Jar Jar Binks?

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

is tatooine in the celebratoin??

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, Mos Eisley is anyway.

DV, I'm not anti-EU at all, I read a lot of books just in a discussion EU is not-canon, the movies are, the novels are and the hearplays are, EU is in that perspective pure crap

If you go fully anti-EU, you don't even know at that point that it is Coruscant so why should it be bothering? Also, they don't rule the entire galaxy hence no pressence on all the planets or minimal like on Tatooine (or they would have just contacted troops on the planet to search and not send a team down) so who can claim that by the time we reach ROTJ they still have Coruscant as the capital and harboring the most troops? Why not go to Naboo since Palpatine comes from there? Who claims they still have that many troops that they can defend that many worlds?
If you go strictly on the movies as you should, there is absolutely no problem at all

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 11:10 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

news of the emporer's death spread to coroscant and the people rose up and overthrew the remaining imperial troopers, thus the scene where they throw the stormtrooper over the ledge.

could it be any more simple than that?

"but coroscant was the center of power in the blah blah blah"

the emporer devoted most of his resources, ships, troops, etc. to the battle at endor. thus it was possible for the people to retake coruscant

END.

OF.

DISCUSSION.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:20 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote