KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Theatrical, Special Edition, and DVD. Which is the best version?

Whats your favorite?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Theatrical 6 25.00%
Special Edition 4 16.67%
DVD 14 58.33%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Theatrical, Special Edition, and DVD. Which is the best version?
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Theatrical, Special Edition, and DVD. Which is the best version?

I love Star Wars, saw it when it was digitally remasterd, loved the special edition, DVD is awesome. However, their is on movie tht I cant watch in DVD form. Its ROTJ, I would rather watch the original, or special, not the DVD. They reuined that movie when they put it on DVD. What is your favorite?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Canadadude

I love all three verisons and I have to agree with you. ROTJ should have stayed the way it was. I miss the old ending song and Jabba's band rocking out

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Canadadude a Private Message Find more posts by Canadadude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those are two bigs things they ruined, but the number one on my list would have to be replacing the old Anakin with Hayden.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Theatrical... though I watch the DVDs more often simply because of the better quality. And I'd watch my SE VHSs more often too because my original edition VHSs are fullscreen...

While they made some great changes for the SE and subsequently the DVDs, much of what was added is just unneccessary. It pains me to watch that Jawa falling off that dinosaur thing in ANH SE.

The ESB SE I have no problem with (except for some shots of Bespin - but those will be fixed for the next DVD).

ROTJ is a very 'meh' movie anyway... the changes they've made to it make it even more 'meh', but more 'meh' is not neccessarily a entirely bad thing.... if you get my point... meh. Hayden at the end I've learnt to live with even though everytime I see it I feel like punching him in the face.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, I like ROTJ.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 11:16 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

meh

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 12:17 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Theatrical... though I watch the DVDs more often simply because of the better quality. And I'd watch my SE VHSs more often too because my original edition VHSs are fullscreen...

While they made some great changes for the SE and subsequently the DVDs, much of what was added is just unneccessary. It pains me to watch that Jawa falling off that dinosaur thing in ANH SE.

The ESB SE I have no problem with (except for some shots of Bespin - but those will be fixed for the next DVD).

ROTJ is a very 'meh' movie anyway... the changes they've made to it make it even more 'meh', but more 'meh' is not neccessarily a entirely bad thing.... if you get my point... meh. Hayden at the end I've learnt to live with even though everytime I see it I feel like punching him in the face.

Your feelings betray you, young D0Do...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

I like the dvd's, I don't have many prblems with the added things. However, I wish that GL could spice up the fight scene between DV and OW with some CG doubles.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Superfly4000
I like the dvd's, I don't have many prblems with the added things. However, I wish that GL could spice up the fight scene between DV and OW with some CG doubles.

NO, PLEASE GOD NO!!!

What is wrong with you people?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 12:11 AM
Natalie-Lover
I love her

For Christ sake's it's obvious that I'm going to vote the Theatrical Cuts not the half assed Special Editions.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Natalie-Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Natalie-Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

Whose gonna take over Lucas film when GL dies? ...

Not that I want him to die or anything

I'm just wondering.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Im gonna get raped for this, but I pic the dvds. I dont see a problem with the changes, and I loved the Anakin switch.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 10:51 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some one, Rape him now.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 11:59 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Err... no thanks.

But I will hit him over the head with a mallet... wink

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 12:44 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Nactous
Some one, Rape him now.

Surprised you didnt jump at the opportunity. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 12:57 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

No thanks.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 01:23 AM
Superfly4000

No, really. Who takes over Lucasfilm When GL dies?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2005 11:47 PM
mossman

Katie Lucas...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:49 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superfly4000

is that his daughter?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 09:52 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it will be sold.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:36 PM