KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Zahn Novels as Movies 7 - 9!

Zahn Novels as Movies 7 - 9!
Started by: Pondo Booboo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pondo Booboo

Zahn Novels as Movies 7 - 9!

Seeing as episodes seven to nine aren't going to be made now, who would like to see the Tim Zahn novels made into movies now as a sort of surrogate to that?

Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command, I don't see any problem in modifying the story so the actors can be twenty years older than in the first series (rather than, in the novels, ten).

Also, who would you cast in the roles?

I would frigging give ANYTHING to see Mark Hamill in his elder Jedi role again.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Pondo Booboo a Private Message Find more posts by Pondo Booboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

nah, i see the new jedi order series as a potential 7,8 and 9. the timothy zahn novels never impressed me much. with the war against the yuzzhan vong, you could easily make 6 more movies.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

No thanks.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 03:09 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Thrawn Trilogy was amazing, no doubt. But it lacks the oomf needed to pick up the eyes of an audience nowadays. Compared to the movies, there just isn't a lot of action, there's too much talk, and it's a major cliffhanger.

The NJO sucked as novels, but those books were massive in terms of militiristic scale. It's a brand new idea movie-wise and films about them might redeem them in the eyes of fans, if the makers are good enough.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Thing is Tangible, no one could ever make NJO movies good.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 06:10 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

There is just a major difference in writing movie script and writing.. a freaking book!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 06:54 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by overlord
There is just a major difference in writing movie script and writing.. a freaking book!
lol

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 08:01 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pondo Booboo

Okay, so we don't all agree on what should be the basis for an EU trilogy should be (I hate EU by the way. The Zahn books are the only ones I have any affection for. I must admit, I haven't read NJO). And perhaps Zahn's do end without the resolution of ROTJ, perhaps they are talky at times. But things can be modified. A novel is a HUGE thing. Even converting a small 200 page novel into a movie requires alot of material to be cut. So I think by the time you've contracted a Zahn book, there'd be plenty of action. Plus, that was the thing I liked about the Thrawn books. Their darker deeper tone and slower pace. It reminded me of parts of Empire. It would be a more mature adventure, which would suit the actors at their age today. I think that's what a cap-off adventure would need, after all the jubilance of the IV - VI. Plus I think Thrawn was the only villain in EU that even held a candle to Vader or Palpatine. I see him being played by a young Ben Cross or Robert Powell.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Pondo Booboo a Private Message Find more posts by Pondo Booboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you want to talk about EU movies, do it in the EU section.

A sequel trilogy is something a. different and b. effectively impossible, and there are plenty of threads on the idea.

Closed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 08:30 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote