KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » If Ep IV-VI where made last

If Ep IV-VI where made last
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

If Ep IV-VI where made last

so many closed topics time to make another one big grin Anyway if Gl made EP 1-3 first and then the orignals whould they still be famouse ?

The only thing is luke whold look old lolz

Old Post May 4th, 2007 08:37 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It depends. He made the OT (wrote and produced, directed ANH) with many restrictions and its still a landmark in modern cinema, he made the PT with no little to no restrictions and it was a disapointment. It could have happened the other way around I guess.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 5th, 2007 12:52 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It would never have been made that way. The way Lucas developed the first movie ANH there was never any story about a fall of a Jedi. It was always a Flash Gordon movie about a guy and a princess. The main story was never that of the rise and fall of the greatest Jedi ever. ANH was the natural first story.

Old Post May 5th, 2007 01:27 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I argee.It is go od that they had made 4-6 before.Then we know how good they are.If we saw the first three mo vies I would not be into star wars like I am right now.jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 5th, 2007 02:48 PM
Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

4, 5 and 6 ARE the first movies. The 1, 2 and 3 films really came after that. Lucas made them up maybe a little during the making of the OT, but a lot came after it.

Old Post May 5th, 2007 10:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yep, and I will never buy any of that crap he comes out with about knowing the whole story for the last 30 years smile utter b****cks

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 5th, 2007 11:04 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

You mean alot of crap came after ep VI

Old Post May 6th, 2007 07:33 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, reading the Making of book..... Lucas did say something to the extent of making three movies in December 1976 whil writing the fourth draft to ANH, plus he did mention at that time that he'd like to do the story of OB1 and Luke's father and Darth Vader (apparently not Luke's father at that time) and the rise of the Emperor, but that that would be impossible to make. He did already come up with the fact that after killing Luke's father, OB1 foubt Vader and chucked him in the lava (hence the iron lung suit).
And this apparantly is historically accurate. But there wasn't much more than that. Just a thought as backstory to ANH.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 08:44 PM
chewy16

This question is impossible because Lucas kept revising the story with main plot changes in each NEW movie. If the saga were made 1-6, it would be different today, but it never would have been as huge a hit if Lucas had the big picture in mind.

SW in 1977 was a hit because it was so general and basic, and didn't have all the subplots that the saga has today. You had stereotypical characters: a princess, a farmboy, a smuggler, a wizard, and of course the bad guy with a mask and cape. SW '77 has a true ending for anyone watching it in 1977, so it is not anticlimatic, yet it leaves wanting more if there is more to tell.

If Episode I were made in 1977 with all these ?????? as to what happens, fans wouldn't have fallen in love with it, cause there would be no story to fall in love with yet.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 12:37 AM
Click here to Send chewy16 a Private Message Find more posts by chewy16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good point.

And correct: Lucas just wanted to make a Flash Gordon style film with a princess, an Empire and space dogfights... THAT was the original idea. He crafted a story in that frame used ancient mythologies and came up in the end with a farm boy, a princess, an old man (the mentor) a pirate and his co-pilot, and two droids (as taken from Hidden Fortress) and the Force of Others. There is nothing about a force gifted boy taken from tatooine to become a Jedi and then falls to the spell of an evil chancellor.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 06:53 AM
coolmovies

I thought he just made a single movie and thats Star wars. It was so big he turned it into a trilogy and then a saga .

A new hope is like a fairy story a prince saving a princess and they lived happly ever after .

Old Post May 7th, 2007 09:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

He was working on a single story. I guess he started fantasising about sequels because he had too much script (be it that it was still the one story of ANH) and he had to cut quite a number of scenes and planet due to budget restrictions and story development. Originally he planned to have as many planets in ANH as he did in the PT films. Don't know if that would have made it any better.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 06:51 AM
coolmovies

If it stopped him from making the pt than thats good

Old Post May 8th, 2007 09:42 AM
queeq
Chaos

He made the OT... ANH in fact. From that grew the OT and just a mere wish of the PT in the far future.
Interestingly enough, those notes from December 1976 all came true. Quite a visionary.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 06:02 PM
coolmovies

I heard he was gonna make nine episodes but made a short cut and made 6

Old Post May 8th, 2007 08:12 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

If 4-6 were made last, there might not be all the leaps in logic and story line that are present in the saga today. However, they would be adult disney movies like the prequels. So, I think I prefer them the way they were done.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 8th, 2007 09:34 PM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
I heard he was gonna make nine episodes but made a short cut and made 6

I think that idea grew during the making of ANH. It was certainly around when ESB came out. But before shooting there was no such concrete idead.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 07:25 AM
coolmovies

If i was GL i would only make three episodes and leave it .The way they did it with the godfather trilogy

Old Post May 9th, 2007 08:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

He couldn't leave it, and made another fortune.

Old Post May 10th, 2007 06:52 AM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
He couldn't leave it, and made another fortune.

that sounded like you were saying GL is a money-obsessed pig. there was some noun/adjective perfect for that in my mind, just couldn't fish it out.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 17th, 2007 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote