KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » If you were Vader.....

If you were Vader.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you were Vader.....

In ROTJ, what would you have done differently? I am referring to the beginning, when Han is liberated from Jabbas palace.

Think about it...Vader had to know that Luke and the others would make an effort to save Han, why not have a trap waiting for them?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe a conflict with the Hutts could cause a problem. I don't find that too bothersome.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 02:50 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

You think the Empire feared the Hutts? Vader, afraid of a fat ass crime lord named Jabba?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 05:21 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Even Ewoks are a force to be feared by the Empire.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was a fluke, the Ewoks were a wild card in a battle that 9 times out of 10 the Empire would win.

Vader knows of the Hutts, knows their capabilities, and is entirely capable of planning a trap to capture Luke without raising their suspicions.

Even if they would know, and Vader didnt wanna cause any ripples in the lake, he could easily pay them off to go along with the plan.

No, Vader should have done just that. Sith lords are really stoopid sumtimes.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 05:38 PM
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
You think the Empire feared the Hutts? Vader, afraid of a fat ass crime lord named Jabba?

It's like the government of Italy or even Europe going to war with the mafia... I don't think it'll be nice.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 07:08 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Comparing the government of Italy to the EMPIRE is ludicrous. The Empire's power is on a whole different level than the government than Italy. The Empire would CRUSH the Hutts in no time at all.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 09:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, tehre's always the question of gain. You can see in ESB the Empire uses the services of bounty hunters. Obviously they provide for some need the Empire cannot do themselves. It's not strange to think the Hutts' tentacles spread far in outer rim territories, where the Empire is less present, that knowing the Hutts control these area's, makes everything rather under control. All you have to talk to is the Hutts, and all you have to leave alone are the Hutts.

No Empire can be omnipresent everywhere.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 11:46 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

as I said, pay off the Hutts to allow the trap to be set. Plus they always have the Black sun and Prince Xizor.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 02:52 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Hutts aren't a threat, but they're a good way to keep the natural seedy underbelly of the population in check without the Empire putting in the effort. Feckin' things up just wouldn't be worth it.

And in the year that passed between ESB and ROTJ, without bringing in the dreaded EU, how would Vader have gained Luke's rescue-schedule?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 07:11 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
The Hutts aren't a threat, but they're a good way to keep the natural seedy underbelly of the population in check without the Empire putting in the effort. Feckin' things up just wouldn't be worth it.

And in the year that passed between ESB and ROTJ, without bringing in the dreaded EU, how would Vader have gained Luke's rescue-schedule?
Vader knew Jabba had Han as a captive, and he knew Han and Luke were good friends, he had t have suspected that Luke was gonna try and liberate him.

and again, for the THIRD TIME, PAY OFF THE HUTTS TO GO ALONG WITH IT.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 07:56 AM
queeq
Chaos

Tell Vader, not us.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 01:08 PM
Elite Hunter

I think Vader knew that Luke was going to rescue him. Maybe Vader wanted Luke to succeed so his powers could expand by facing Jabba and make him more powerful so he can use him vs the emperor.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmmmm....good point there.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 01:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

Sounds a little too complex for SW.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 04:35 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

not really, sounds dead on in fact.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 08:29 PM
queeq
Chaos

It does. Too much plans within plans. Sounds a little too 'Dune'y to me.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 10:41 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

in Shadows of the Empire, Vader is informed that Luke is captured by bounty hunters. Vader goes to retrieve Luke, but upon arrival, he finds that Luke escaped, all the while "blocking blaster bolts with his lightsaber.".....Vader is angry that Luke escaped, but is pleased that Luke has taken it to the next level.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 11:52 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ahem.. *cough* *cough* EU! *cough* *Cough*

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 08:25 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

DAMN...Did I just do that? laughing out loud my bad.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 08:42 AM