KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » batman vs. spider-man

batman vs. spider-man
Started by: batmanrules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batmanrules

batman vs. spider-man

batman: greatest super hero ever! spider-man: pretty cool
okay, for a long time i have been listening to ppl argue about this fight but now im going to put down stats on this fight.

strength: spidermans enhanced strengh would be no problem for batman seeing as how he beat up ppl like the hulk and bane.

fighting ability: batman knows all 127 different forms of combat in the world, and has mastered them all. spiderman has enhanced reflexes.

brains: batman has been all over the world studying and exceeding in the top colleges and universitys. spiderman has a university degree.

now guess who can kick whose ass?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 02:09 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Like this discussion has never taken place before. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 04:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

true mr Parker, look a fan cant set the stats why? batmans martial arts aint a problem for spider man DUR spider sense he can dogde bullets batman cant throw a lightning fast punch can he? nope he cant. so you need to take a differnt angle. batman is more brooding and tactical not to mention spidey dose not really beat up his opponents, im sure bat's wouldnt have a problem puttin spidey in a wheel chair

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 08:43 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

batman wins.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 10:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

batman wins, im convinced, he wins alright

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 10:18 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

spiderman. Why because its enhanced reflexes would make quick work of the bat's martial mastery

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 05:31 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

ok new facts

batman has all those fighting styles and spiderman has beaten ever type on every type of man

batman has no super strength no super speed no spidersense and no super agility spiderman has all of the above

batman is smart but in a rawl and brawl fight it aint gonna help unless he has about 6 months to study and prepare for the fight

and spiderman has beaten most of his fows because he's been smarter than them not stronger and he has beaten the hulk before too

spiderman would have some trouble with batman but no more than his average criminal you wanna talk a fair fight for bats give him kraven(even though he's dead) or maybe doc ock then you may have a good fight but if bats didn't have time to prepare for the fight he wouldn't have a prayer of beating spiderman savvy?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 04:26 AM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

yeah, the bat likes all the rigid martial arts techniques.Spideys fight style is totally unique. He'd be batman's worst nightmare to fight.Awkward yet graceful, impossible to hit. Imagine spidey's leverage advantage coz he can stick his feet to the floor, he'll throw bats across NYC or swing him around with webs.spidey would be one of those that bats just can't beat.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 10:27 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blade Cutter
Le Senior Membero Poonta!

Batman beating up Spider-man is like the Riddler beating Batman up.Bats has the brains to over Spidey but in a straight up fight Bats can't win with out a pre made plan and gas will not if there out side.Bane is not as strong as Spider-man.Batman can take strength,he can take speed,he can take enhanced reflexes,he can take brains,he can take super agility,but can't take all them at the same time and then you add spider sense.Sorry Bats is K.Oed in one punch and Bat's can't dogde all spidey's attacks he not that fast.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 07:55 PM
Blade Cutter is currently offline Click here to Send Blade Cutter a Private Message Find more posts by Blade Cutter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

Re: batman vs. spider-man

quote:
Originally posted by batmanrules
batman: greatest super hero ever! spider-man: pretty cool
okay, for a long time i have been listening to ppl argue about this fight but now im going to put down stats on this fight.

strength: spidermans enhanced strengh would be no problem for batman seeing as how he beat up ppl like the hulk and bane.

fighting ability: batman knows all 127 different forms of combat in the world, and has mastered them all. spiderman has enhanced reflexes.

brains: batman has been all over the world studying and exceeding in the top colleges and universitys. spiderman has a university degree.

now guess who can kick whose ass?

I agree that Batman is the greatest superhero ever. I think Spider-Man comes in as an extremely close second.
I didn't read any comic where Batman "beat up the Hulk", but I know it can't be as straightforward as you're making it seem. Batman's is a miniscule fraction of the Hulk's. What's cool is what Batman does with the strength of a non-enhanced human. Spider-Man's strength allows him to lift ten tons over his head. Bane probably isn't that strong. The main point is, Spider-Man's strength is definitely a problem for Batman, just not an insurmountable one.
Spider-Man has defeated martial artists who could go toe-to-to with Batman. He spends so much time worrying and agonizing, it's lucky that he can be lazy during battles where only fighting ability is necessary. His reflexes coupled with his spider-sense make him more than a match for Batman.
Batman knows more than Spider-Man does in general. That doesn't describe brains, it describes education. Either way, I'd say Batman has the edge there, and that's the only edge sharp enough to let him win. If Batman knew about Spider-Man's danger-sense, then he could find a way to work around that. That would be his best bet. Then again, there is no context here, so we don't know where they are fighting, why, and what they have to use against each other.

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2004 11:29 PM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

huh?!!there is no comparison!!!!!spiderman is a-well i'll spare th einsults
batman will win

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:28 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

Don't you speak ill of my man, Spidey! I'll roll up my sleeves if that happens.
Spider-Man isn't as cinematic as Batman, but he's more interesting to listen to in fights and his moves are more exciting. He's physically superior in stats, but he's not as impressive, because he didn't earn it. There's room in the world for both the Bat and the Spider. Don't hate!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 12:41 AM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

really neither is better than the other.
Batman is DC's most popular single character easily
Spiderman is Marvel's
they both command a hell of a lot of respect

*im not talking about entire groups of character's like the X-men or justice league*

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 01:42 AM
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Damn right they both deserve respect, but I think spidey would be bats' bogeyman.the one he can never beat.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 10:40 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

BATS wud murder Spidey.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 06:42 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

Again you speak nonsense. Batman doesn't murder, ever. If he wouldn't kill the Joker (aside from in the movie, which was a mistake), so why would he ever kill a good person like Spider-Man? Damn, some people need to wait until a mature age before they start watching all the violent movies and TV shows...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 05:44 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

spiderman should join x men

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 03:01 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

That's not going to happen. Not should it. However, I would love to see Spider-Man team up with the X-Men more often. The character who's most fun to see banter with Spider-Man is the Beast.
Spider-Man didn't fully join the Avengers, and they are a U.N. sanctioned, respected team. Why would he want to cement his already questionable reputation as an outlaw by joining other infamous outlaws? He needs better press than that, he's too much of a loner, and he probably doesn't want to join a team just so he could be the odd man out anyway-- he's not a mutant. I would like to see more crossovers with these characters, but the X-Men books are always so damn complicated and centralized, it takes some doing to work anyone else into their schedule.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 07:13 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

OKAY if he's not a muatnt,tehn what does that make?genetically engineered?nah,...uumm??!!!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 03:43 PM
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

He's an enhanced human, punkyhermy. He was bitten by a radioactive spider, and yes, his body was mutated bythe radioactive spider DNA. The difference is, he wasn't born a mutant. While none of the X-Men leaders would actually exclude a metahuman who wasn't born a mutant solely on his non-mutant status, it doesn't make marketing or story-telling sense to put Spider-Man in the X-Men. What would he do, live on the Xavier Estate? He's married and living in Manhattan, which a bit of a drive from Westchester, where the X-Men live. Is Mary Jane supposed to move into a school full of mutants so that Peter can make a life decision that is completely out of character?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2004 09:31 PM