KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman Forever and Batman and Robin suck

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin suck
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin suck

Who else thinx so? They just got really bad as soon as Michael Keaton and Tim Burton left

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 07:40 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Amen to that, brother. All that neon, and terrible puns: "What killed da dinosaurs? Da ice age!" Terrible

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 03:50 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Aaack, so terrible

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 07:11 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

definetly. i hated joel schumacher, he butcherd batman. all those stupid neon lights. and the crappy batmobiles.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 01:42 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

i agree except i like clooney and odonald as batman and robin i didn't like kilmer

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 02:10 AM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

clooney did a good job, i mean he only did what he was told. i didnt like kilmer though. and dont u think that o'donnell was a little old for his part? he was suppose to be a boy wonder.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 05:41 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

He would have been better if he was only 15 or something......

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 03:41 AM
Mr Parker

Sorry to break the news but ALL the batman movies sucked.Tim Burtons Batman movies were even more of a joke than Batman Forever was with the horrible casting choice of Micheal Keaton as Batman,the worst casting choice in comicbook history.I mean pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald short runt Michael Keaton for tell,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne? what a joke.Burtons Batman movies suck worse than Forever also because it was mostly about the villians,the first one should have been called the joker since Nicholson had most the screen time.

and Clooney and O'donnel were the worst parts about Scumachers Batman movies.Not only could Clooney not act,but he looks like eddie munster for god sakes.And not only was O'donnel way too old for the part of Robin,his acting was the worst part of Batman Forever. mad

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 04:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mook

you can tell batman forever was the beginning of the end when they changed the bat suit - a key part of the central character.

batman 1+2 look good and are generally good but the plot of 2 goes downhill a bit.
batman forever is rescued by jim carrey+tommy lee jones but it doesnt feel like a batman film.
batman + robin is extremely poor.

"youre not sending me to da cooler!"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 06:22 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Batman and Batman Returns were exceptional. They had the dark, gothic feel for Gotham, as opposed to the neon lights and huge statues.

Michael Keaton (and Jack Nicholson since this relates to him as well) may not have been physically like Batman, but that NEVER matters if they can play the character right. Keaton portrayed Batman's brooding, secretive, vulnerable personality perfectly, and Nicholson did the insanity, randomness and audacity of Joker flawlessly.

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTS MEAN LITTLE WHEN IT COMES TO GREAT CHARACTER ACTING

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 09:28 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

"Stay cool bats". As Lord Soth so eloquently put it: "Aaaack - so terrible!"

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2003 09:38 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tha human soul
A Divine soldier

You said it!
But in Batman 5,Christian Bale is playing the hero now...That dude can be pretty dark like Michael Keaton.Let's just hope 4 tha best.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 03:59 PM
tha human soul is currently offline Click here to Send tha human soul a Private Message Find more posts by tha human soul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

let's all hope *fingers crossed*

Old Post Jan 1st, 2004 07:45 PM
Brosnan

Tim Burton was a part of Batman Forever as a producer or something but that was it, the only one he didn't have some part in was batman and Robin.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 10:29 AM
Brosnan is currently offline Click here to Send Brosnan a Private Message Find more posts by Brosnan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

What about Bane in the movies? In comics he is actually intellingent. But in the movies he cannot even say a real sentence, but he can drive a car.
"Monkey business". Great Scott. sick

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 06:10 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Sorry to break the news but ALL the batman movies sucked.Tim Burtons Batman movies were even more of a joke than Batman Forever was with the horrible casting choice of Micheal Keaton as Batman,the worst casting choice in comicbook history.I mean pudgy gut,receding hairline,half bald short runt Michael Keaton for tell,muscular,handsome,full set of hair Bruce Wayne? what a joke.Burtons Batman movies suck worse than Forever also because it was mostly about the villians,the first one should have been called the joker since Nicholson had most the screen time.

and Clooney and O'donnel were the worst parts about Scumachers Batman movies.Not only could Clooney not act,but he looks like eddie munster for god sakes.And not only was O'donnel way too old for the part of Robin,his acting was the worst part of Batman Forever. mad

You've got several points here that are absolutely correct, but the part about Michael Keaton is wrong. Keaton wasn't pudgy then, and if you'd seen his body in movies where they how it, you'll see he's ripped. I think the flaw was in the way the part was written. You're right about the first movie not having enough Batman in there. However, I can't agree that the second two movies were better.

Chris O'Donnel alone is enough to make "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin" an inferior set of movies. I thought that the writing for Batman's part plus Val Kilmer's performance made him the best Batman/Bruce Wayne if you average out both sides of the character, but the rest of the movie failed. The entirety of "Batman & Robin" was a failure. I don't blame Clooney, I blame the person who casted him and the director who told him to act like himself. I like Clooney and I hope they pick him to be Mr. Fantastic (God knows, they'll try to cast worse if they can), but he isn't the Batman we expect in a contemporary movie. He's great for a revamp of the old Baman TV show, but clearly that was what Joel Schumacher wanted, not what most of the fans wanted.

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 01:05 AM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I loved Batman Forever when it came out. At age nine or ten, I was probably in its target audience.

I recently rewatched it on video. And you know, I still didn't think it was that bad. Not great, but I can't help thinking that the people who rave about how much it sucks might not have their standards set a little too high.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 01:45 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

It wasn't that my standards themselves were low, it's just that it was so terrible compared t it's successors....

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 05:47 AM
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
It wasn't that my standards themselves were low, it's just that it was so terrible compared t it's successors....

Predecessors, not successors.. "Batman Forever" was not worse than "Batman and Robin."

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2004 07:04 PM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

lol, sorry, I used the wrong word

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:04 AM