KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Superman and Batman teams up to take your money on Christmas

Superman and Batman teams up to take your money on Christmas
Started by: Joker1237

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joker1237

Superman and Batman teams up to take your money on Christmas

Yep Batman Vol 2 will be out, and Superman vol 1 will be out on the same day.

MAn talk about a whamy, they will team up to take your money lol.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 03:12 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

You mean the cartoon collections? Is Superman any good?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 02:35 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Batman vol 2 will be out by Christmas, and Superman TAS will be out

Not much of a supes fan, but the few I saw were good.

I dont think they put out the old superman cartoons yet.

But I did like the one were Superman fought the Robots to saved Lane. I never forget that one.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 07:47 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i liked superman TAS. the first episode was with that toy master dude. that was like 6 years ago.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 08:19 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Joker1237
I dont think they put out the old superman cartoons yet.

But I did like the one were Superman fought the Robots to saved Lane. I never forget that one.

You mean the old max fleischer superman cartoons from the 1940s? Not only are they all available on DVD but they are some of the very best animation ever made. Classic stuff and still very entertaining - if a little dated.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 08:28 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

The old Max Fleischer Superman series from the 1940's is still my favorite Superman cartoon series of all time (if not my favorite animated series period), but if those were the ones you were refering to as "the old ones" , they are already out on DVD. I have all of the episodes on 2 DVD's and I never get bored from watching them. They really did an excellent job of cleaning up the animation and brightening the picture. I recommend them to any Supes fan smile

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 11:26 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
The old Max Fleischer Superman series from the 1940's is still my favorite Superman cartoon series of all time (if not my favorite animated series period),

Odd that this should crop up now: i was talking to a buddy just a few months back - i'd just watched a few of the Fleischer Supes and we were saying "if only they had done batman - Imagine a Max Fleischer batman show...." wistful.....

And then i began watching the batman Animated DVD box I'd picked up - and the moment "leather wings" starts - BANG! It's the Fleischer batman we never had... even there on the vocal track they are talking about Fleischer and how much they owe him.

With so many fans of the Timm batman out there its amazing the Fleischer supes dont sell better. Its a masterpiece.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 11:40 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I loved the Flesicher cartoons, it did not turn into a joke like Superfreinds or Batman(Adam West, Cartoon Adam West Batman)

Superman did change in the Superfreinds though.

If you watch a Fleischer Superman, and a Superfreind Superman thing, You will see a BIG differant between the two.

Superman Fleischer took it self serious, No one liners unless he was Clark Kent, or Louis Lane saying "Clark your late again follow by joke)

That was about it. It can be belive.

The other Superman, He eat a Kry sandwitch, by a no name villian. Well I guess he could fall for it??.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 04:50 AM
OB1-adobe

quote:
Originally posted by Joker1237
I loved the Flesicher cartoons, it did not turn into a joke like Superfreinds or Batman(Adam West, Cartoon Adam West Batman)

Superman did change in the Superfreinds though.

If you watch a Fleischer Superman, and a Superfreind Superman thing, You will see a BIG differant between the two.

Superman Fleischer took it self serious, No one liners unless he was Clark Kent, or Louis Lane saying "Clark your late again follow by joke)

That was about it. It can be belive.

The other Superman, He eat a Kry sandwitch, by a no name villian. Well I guess he could fall for it??.

Dude, I'm sure this has been brought up before, but it's all about time. Superman has been around for what, 60 years. You are actually passing through a time machine when looking at every adaptation. From Fleicher to Superfriends your looking at like a 35 year GAP! Of course they are going to be portrayed differently.

I thought Superman TAS was delayed until January 25th

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 09:43 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I sure the Super Freinds were in the 60s So I was sure it was a 20 year gap lol.

But still its a long gap indeed.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 10:50 PM
Joker1237

oh yeah, on the same day, I got my Loony Toons vol 2 set. and I look at the dates of when the sets will be put out. same day. But I seem to have lost the ad card thing.

They had other stuff on the add. but I have to look for it lol.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 10:52 PM
OB1-adobe

Go to Amazon.com, I even think Supermanhomepage.com said this:

It got delayed to January 25th. Check it out.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 04:35 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

yep, I told you so smile

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 11:41 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Batman Animated series is worth every penny.

They can take my money because the work they did on that show is brilliant.

The only downside was that the show was affected by the first two Burton movies (Joker, Catwoman and Penguin were done to keep in line with the films - like changing Penguins appearance and calling The Joker Jack Napier).

However, without the movies Burton made, I doubt Warner Bros would have botherred forking out the cash to fund Timms toon - so in a way Burtons films were indirectly responsible for the greatest cartoon ever made.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 04:38 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

most people seem to forget that, I was wrong, It did say so on my looney
toons DVd though lol.

Greatness cartoon ever?? not so sure I call it that, but it does make a top ten list. maybe top 5.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 06:52 PM
slinger
Scifigunslinger

The Superman animated series coming out on DVD is not the old,old one, if you guys didn't know that.

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 02:44 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I don't care about Superman. He sucks.
Batman is so much cooler.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 12:13 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sileas

I don't care about Superman. He sucks.
Batman is so much cooler.

oi........i know a bulletin board where they'd take ya ta pieces for sayin' that........ they're all about the L&C tv show from the 1990s. it WAS a good series..... yeah, superman is often portrayed as too skweaky clean for me----if i wrote a superman story, i'd add just a bit of darkness to make him more believable.

er. that's a qoute from vaya above, there. don't know how youse guyse get them cute lil boxes around stuff when you quote people, but hey, i'm a relative newbie here! one eye

Last edited by Sileas on Dec 18th, 2004 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 03:43 PM
Sileas is currently offline Click here to Send Sileas a Private Message Find more posts by Sileas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote