KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who was the best Robin?

Best Robin
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Matthew Valencia 1 4.35%
Chris O' Donnel 5 21.74%
Burt Ward 1 4.35%
Jason Todd 3 13.04%
Silver Age 3 13.04%
Golden Age 0 0%
John Duncan 0 0%
Loren Lester 3 13.04%
Post Crisis Robin 7 30.43%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who was the best Robin?
Started by: Bat Dude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Who was the best Robin?

Who do you think was the best Robin?
1. Burt Ward from the 60s tv show Batman
2. Chris O' Donnel from Batman Forever and Batman and Robin(Dick)
3. Loren Lester from Batman:The Animated Series
4. John Duncan from the old 40s 15 part serial
5. Matthew Valencia from The New Batman Adventures(Tim)
6. Golden Age version(Dick)
7. Silver age version(Dick)
8. Post Crisis(Tim)
9. Jason Todd(Silver Age Robin #2)

it's between Burt Ward(holy palaris!) Chris O' Donnel(Screw you I just saved your life!) and the Post Crisis Robin.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 03:55 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Ha,I cant believe the two people who voted for Chris O'donnel.Thats a laugh.He single handedly ruined Batman Forever and is by far the worst actor to ever play Robin.Not only was he wayyyyy too old to be adopted for the role of robin,him and Kilmer looked practically the same age,but his acting was horrible and pathectic.Loren Lester rules as the best robin to ever do that role.Chris O'donnel stunk up the joint in those films.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Nov 24th, 2004 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 07:41 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I like Tim Drake. O'Donnel was horrible; what the hell were they thinking?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 07:53 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

O'Donnel was horrible; what the hell were they thinking? [/B][/QUOTE]

Boy ain't that the truth.You are 100% absolutley correct on that. mad

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 08:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Jason Todd. He was so badass, I remember Batman said, "what do you think this is, a game?" and Jason replied with, "of course" with a smirk on his face.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 10:38 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

How come there is no Dick Grayson?!
He was the original 'boy wonder' with his ridiculous 'shortpants' and cheesy comments.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 10:55 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal
Jason Todd. He was so badass, I remember Batman said, "what do you think this is, a game?" and Jason replied with, "of course" with a smirk on his face.

i agree, TOO BAD HE'S DEAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

O_O

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 11:14 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
How come there is no Dick Grayson?!
He was the original 'boy wonder' with his ridiculous 'shortpants' and cheesy comments.

Dick Grayson would be options 6 and 7.

Even if they hadn't killed Jason Todd, I'm not sure what they'd have done with him. He couldn't really continue being Robin after murdering the diplomat's kid.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 12:08 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Dudez, I take that as an insult! I thought o' Donnel was pretty kool in Batman Forever, now if you wanna know who killed Batman Forever, it was either Tommy Lee Jones or Jim Carrey! Jim was NO Riddler. And Lee Jones was too hahahaha to be Two Face(though I did think the qoutes were pretty kool) My second choice would have been the Golden Age version than Burt Ward.(Why hasn't anybody voted for Ward yet!?)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 12:28 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I honestly dont have a favorite.

but you cant beat the robin & adam west duo.

"Holy Flyin Seacucumber batman!"

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 12:31 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

funny funny.

I think I like Burt Ward best in the old Batman tv show.

I rember Robin was falling of a building, and Batman thowns his Batrang, and Robin catchs it with his teeth.

And Robin says, its a good think I take care of my teeth.

And Batman goes Dental higene save your life.

It was something like that. I know I got a lot of words wrong. but it about the same. ITs been years since I saw that.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 01:06 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

Mmm i like Tim Drake because mentally he is on par with Batman

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 01:29 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Ha,I cant believe the two people who voted for Chris O'donnel.Thats a laugh.He single handedly ruined Batman Forever and is by far the worst actor to ever play Robin.Not only was he wayyyyy too old to be adopted for the role of robin,him and Kilmer looked practically the same age,but his acting was horrible and pathectic.Loren Lester rules as the best robin to ever do that role.Chris O'donnel stunk up the joint in those films.

^ yes Mr. Parker is right. Chris O'donnels acting skills are awful. The only good thing about him was he was kind of hot in the robin suit.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:18 AM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

O'Donnel was a terrible mess, his was the first of many horrible miscasts in both Forever and Batman and Robin. Apart from Ward I haven't seen any other Robin's in action, so it would have to be him.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 09:13 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

O DONNEL SHOULD EAT SHIT AND COW DUNG!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 01:37 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote:
i agree, TOO BAD HE'S DEAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

O_O

Jason was never as skilled as Tim or Dick. He was powered by his rage. It started to slowly consume him (when he supposedly threw the guy off the building). He was becoming more and more unmanageable day by day: he started to expose himself to danger in an irrational way when he wore the Robin costume. Batman was near to forbidding Jason to continue being Robin. This led to his inevitable downfall by The Joker. (Not to mention fans calling in to vote him dead)
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Arsenal on Nov 25th, 2004 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 04:23 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

But yeah since Dick moved on to become Nightwing, it's fair to say Timmy is a GREAT Robin!So adorable and cute.And he brings out the fatherly instincts in Bruce too.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 06:29 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Carrie Kelly - the only Robin worth mentioning.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 10:49 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
I like Tim Drake. O'Donnel was horrible; what the hell were they thinking?

The most likely voted for him cause he's hot

but i like the orginal Robin corny jokes and all

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 12:27 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Dude, you just called me a homo! I'm a male! And as I am gonna say, Golden Age and Ward could have been my choice but hey, did Ward ever drive the Batboat alone? And I don't think the Golden Age Robin was old enough to drive. But my goodness, the dude called me a homo with the "They most likely voted for him cause he's hot" qoute.
411 I'm a male. And this is off topic but what's going on in This Batman issue? I haven't gotten enough time to buy it yet.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 03:25 AM