KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman the Animated Series (from the 90's)

Batman the Animated Series (from the 90's)
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

Warning Batman the Animated Series (from the 90's)

Hey Everyone,

It looks as though no one has really done a thread completely dedicated to one of my favorite animated series of all time: Batman the Animated Series, from the early to about mid-1990's. So, now all you fans of the cartoon, can feel free to discuss, post images, and almost whatever you want about it here. May I warn you to not cruelly bash anything that anyone says and what not. Also, I will post some pictures, links, and my comments about the series later. I have both volumes one and two of the Batman boxset, so I can't wait to talk about those.

Well, Enjoy,

Sodapop Allerdyce

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 02:35 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

and vol 3 will be out next month yeah,

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 03:04 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

can't wait! eek! rock smokin' by the way, how many volumes will there be in total? i can't remember how many seasons there were. been so long since i seen the series on tv and sadly it's been ages since it's been on tv. made me sad when they took it off cartoon network.

wow eek! did you know that john glover, who plays lionel luther on smallville did the voice of the riddler and that ron pearlman (hellboy) played the voice of clay face? just found that out at imdb.com. i already knew that mark hamill (star wars) played the voice of the joker. dude, is he ever good at that joker laugh! cool

here's a link to the voice actor cast list at imdb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103359/

Complete credited cast:
Kevin Conroy .... Bruce Wayne/Batman (voice)
Loren Lester .... Dick Grayson/Robin (voice)
Efrem Zimbalist Jr. .... Alfred Pennyworth (voice)
Bob Hastings .... Commissioner James Gordon (voice)
Robert Costanzo .... Det. Harvey Bullock (voice)
Jane Alan .... Summer Gleeson (voice) (as Mari Devon)
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Michael Ansara .... Dr. Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze (voice)
Edward Asner .... Roland Daggett (voice)
Lloyd Bochner .... Mayor Hamilton Hill (voice)
Melissa Gilbert .... Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (voice)
John Glover .... Edward Nygma/The Riddler (voice)
Mark Hamill .... Jack Napier/The Joker (voice)

Aron Kincaid .... Waylon Jones/Killer Croc (voice)
Roddy McDowall .... Jervis Tetch/The Mad Hatter (voice)
Diane Michelle .... Candace
Richard Moll .... Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Batcave Computer, Additional Voices (voice)
Diana Muldaur .... Dr. Leslie Thompkins (voice)
Ingrid Oliu .... Renee Montoya (1992-1994) (voice)
Ron Perlman .... Matthew Hagen/Clayface (voice)
Diane Pershing .... Poison Ivy (voice)
Brock Peters .... Lucius Fox (voice)
Henry Polic II .... Professor Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow (voice)
Liane Schirmer .... Renee Montoya (1994-1995) (voice)
Henry Silva .... Bane (voice)
Helen Slater .... Talia (voice)
Arleen Sorkin .... Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn (voice)
John Vernon .... Rupert Thorne (voice)
David Warner .... Ra's Al Ghul ('The Demon's Head') (voice)
Paul Williams .... The Penguin (voice)
(more)

Regular guests:
Frank Welker .... Isis the Cat / Werewolf FX / ... (7 episodes)
Neil Ross .... Soldier / Jake / ... (7 episodes)
Adrienne Barbeau .... Selina Kyle/Catwoman (6 episodes)
George Dzundza .... Arnold Wesker, the Ventriloquist/Scarface / Chubb / ... (6 episodes)
Linda Gary .... Dr. Nora Crest / Berty / ... (5 episodes)
(more)

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Last edited by BOPRecruit 16 on Apr 18th, 2005 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 03:12 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheFanboy
Boss Hogg

Nice post Bop, I had no idea Glover was on TAS. So he's now been in one Batman cartoon, one Batman movie and one Superman TV show.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 05:18 AM
TheFanboy is currently offline Click here to Send TheFanboy a Private Message Find more posts by TheFanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

yeah, i had no idea either. well, the next time i see their characters pop up in the toon, i'll try to place their voice and all. so cool that those actors played those voices! esp. since i've seen a episode or two with clayface and it never dawned on me that it was ron pearlman until now. wow!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 05:20 AM
adeptus32

Vol 3 releases on DVD on May 24th. Here is the Netflix link. It includes a breakdown of episodes in this volume by disc.

netflix.com/MovieDisplay?trkid=3257&movieid=70030877

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 03:42 AM
adeptus32 is currently offline Click here to Send adeptus32 a Private Message Find more posts by adeptus32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

I love Diane Pershing .she is Poison Ivy's voice.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:10 AM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

also, another noteable guest star in the series was john rhyes-davies as the voice of some russian mob boss or owner of this club or what not. can't remember. he was only in one epi.

gosh, such a long wait until the next boxset comes out! *ack* lol

one of the animation errors that i noticed are when richard grayson is just himself. when there are close up shots of him, his eyes are dark brown. farther away, they're baby blue. like they're supposed to be. i think. that's how his eyes are most of the time and in the episode that had flashbacks to dick's past and he had blue eyes the whole time of those flashbacks. oh well. minor detail.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:00 AM
Joker1237

minor indeed.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:33 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

sorry, little things can bug me like that sometimes. well, i'm almost done watching the volume two boxset! can't wait to see barb become batgirl! eek! i liked her costume design better much later in the series. when it had yellow in the design.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 04:52 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

last night, i was watching the commentary for all of the episodes available, and the one for "harley and ivy" in volume two, one of the guys mentioned that the three men who were hitting on harley and ivy as they were at a stop sign, they were supposed to resemble the main guys who make the show and were commenting. they totally dug it. i loved it.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:37 AM
Joker1237

yeah and heres the paddle. I never forgot that, its pretty funny.

The laughing Fish I wish had commantary, But didnt.

I did like Almost got em, But that DOT kinda of bugs me.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:51 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

what dot?

i sure hope that "the new batman the animated series" goes to dvd boxsets. not "the batman" that's on kid's wbs this year. but the one that came after batman t.a.s.. where the looks of the characters got updated. you know? little changes were made to the heroes suits and looks of the villians tweaked a bit like the joker and poison ivy. i prefered the original look of ivy not the updated one.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:47 AM
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

Look it's in technicolor. Amazing.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:29 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

after going through all of the episode commentary, i now know why there were "errors" in the coloration of dick grayson's eyes and the bat symbol upon batman's chest. since the toon was hand drawn, since this was the time before they did everything on the computer and digitally, they made coloring errors at times since they were rushed and didn't have time to get everything done to perfection.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:32 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I didn't know Ron Perlman was Clayface. I better get me vol. 3 fast.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 12:11 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

I still think this is the greatest superhero cartoon ever made. Although Batman Beyond was good too.

I thought Harley Quinn was the coolest character in the whole show.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 04:10 PM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Has to be Joker, The guy was witty, and with out Joker, there be no Quin, Well sort of. I sure with out Joker, Dini would have never thought of Quin lol.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 06:18 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i agree with kevin smith-the animated superheroes done by paul dini are the best incarnations of the characters, Mark Hamill is the greatest joker, and holiday knights is the best batman story.

And the best movie? Mask of the Phantasm

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 02:00 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HamillJoker

Sound Bites

Hello Everyone.
I've been searching for the past two days of a sound clip of Joker's laugh, and I still haven't found one. Any tips to look? I've tried the BTAS site and most of the obvious ones, and the closest I get are Val Kilmer Batman quotes ::shudder::. I'm planning on buying the DVDs this summer, but it'd be nice to have that laugh on hand.
evil face

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:13 AM
HamillJoker is currently offline Click here to Send HamillJoker a Private Message Find more posts by HamillJoker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote