KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman is a historic Comic Character out of all the X-Men how many can he beat?

Batman is a historic Comic Character out of all the X-Men how many can he beat?
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Batman is a historic Comic Character out of all the X-Men how many can he beat?

Batman lifts about 600pounds he has better then Athlete speed,reflexes,Stamina,Durability so how does he do against a few different Mutants?One on One?

X-Men Members
Jubilee
Changeling
Forge
Maggott
Thunderbird
Gambit
Havok
Bishop
Marrow
Wolverine
Cyclops

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 08:08 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zarathustra

Re: Batman is a historic Comic Character out of all the X-Men how many can he beat?

Jubilee- She's the one shoots fireworks, right? Yeah, I don't see her doing well at all.
Changeling- Assuming this fellow is, as the name implies, a shapeshifter, it would depend on what form he's in. In most cases, Batman triumphant, though with some nigh-comedic difficulty with weird animal forms.
Thunderbird- As I recall, superhuman strength and speed are the order of the day? Significant, but not unsurmountable. Vague clever plan leads to victory.
Gambit- The card man.. Can't do much of anything Batman can't already do. Just the things Gambit throws blow up. Dodge, in close, hand to hand destruction of the Cajun.
Bishop- Forgive my ignorance, but Bishop needs to absorb some manner of energy to use his powers, right? Thus if Batman provides him with none Bishop is not much more than a regular human? Checkmate.
Wolverine- Is this with or without the adamantium? If without, I give Batman an edge especially as he has used sonics against enemies on a few occassions and Wolverine's super-sensitive hearing... he can be broken down
Cyclops-Optic blasts need to connect to hurt, and Batman dodges mighty well...
Conceivably, Batman beats anyone. Writers just need to write it that way, which is why I find "versus" threads rather tiresome. I'm trying to assume these are real people, however, with real limitations. Any of them could conceivably beat Batman. Xavier or Phoenix would certainly come out on top as psychics ruin the great weapon Batman has: his mind.
Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with the remainder of this list.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:31 AM
Zarathustra is currently offline Click here to Send Zarathustra a Private Message Find more posts by Zarathustra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aijin Syanukiy
The Light Child

LoL. Batman kicks some major butt. Even without super powers.

Sometimes your "Best" just isn't good enough . . . And this is why the weak shall always be held under the foot of the strong.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 03:50 AM
Aijin Syanukiy is currently offline Click here to Send Aijin Syanukiy a Private Message Find more posts by Aijin Syanukiy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

Here's your problem.... Batman has a contingency plan for every superhero in detail of how to defeat them. That's why he was asked to leave the Justice League when they realized that he had a plan to defeat everyone of them.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 05:47 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

No Because thats the Justice League. He doesn't no nothing about these Mutants there Batman's problem.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Last edited by golem370 on Dec 2nd, 2005 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 07:15 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Changeling was a metamorph who could alter his physical appearance and voice to mimic that of any other human being. His power could also transform the appearance of his costume as well. Changeling was also endowed by Professor X with limited telepathic abilities.

Thunderbird-Thunderbird possessed superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) up to two tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: Thunderbird was a mutant who possessed superhuman strength and endurance. His muscle tissue was three times as dense as that of a normal human being's and was distributed in such a way as to give Thunderbird massive shoulders, arms, and thighs. His skin was several times as dense as that of a normal human being's and included an additional layer of leathery epidermis. His lungs were oversized, and his respiratory system was developed in such a way as to allow him maximum wind and endurance with a minimum of oxygen intake. These features made Thunderbird a natural outdoor fighter and athlete. He could run at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour for extended periods.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2005 07:23 PM
Etrigan
?

Re: Batman is a historic Comic Character out of all the X-Men how many can he beat?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Batman lifts about 600pounds he has better then Athlete speed,reflexes,Stamina,Durability so how does he do against a few different Mutants?One on One?

X-Men Members
Jubilee
Changeling
Forge
Maggott
Thunderbird
Gambit
Havok
Bishop
Marrow
Wolverine
Cyclops

Jubilee would lose against Batman.
Changeling would win, but it kind of depends what form he is in.
I don't know who the hell Forge is.
Or Maggott.
Thunderbird would probably win.
Gambit would lose, by a hairsbreadth.
Havok would win, I reckon.
Bishop would lose.
Marrow would lose.
Wolverine... well, there's a massive debate going on. Probably win.
Cyclops loses.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 08:25 AM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

There ain't no way for Batman to beat Cyclops he would get hit with optic blast and lose.Forge has the mutant ability that gives him a talent to create anything he wishes. He also possesses various mystical abilities, such as spell casting.Maggott is a fictional character, Mutant superhero in the Marvel Comics universe who was briefly affiliated with the X-Men. A bizarre mutant who often spoke in exaggerated Afrikaans slang, Maggott’s digestive system took the form of two merchanical slugs named Eany and Meany, which could eat through practically any substance. After feeding, the slugs reentered Maggott through his abdomen and passed their nourishment unto Maggott making him super strong. Maggott could also psychically perceive recent past events that had happened in an area only by being physically present in that area.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 03:48 AM
Lord Paradise

OK, Batman can beat Cyclops but not Logan, Beast but not Storm, not Jean, Nightcrawler, not Emma, Kitty, not Rogue or Iceman, Gambit (darn good fight), Jubilee, Archangel, not Colossus, his share of Sentinels, Toad, not Juggernaut, Mystique, Blob, Bishop, Psylocke (another good fight), not Sabretooth, obviously not Lord Magnus (fool!), no one can beat Professor X, he can beat Quicksilver, not Wanda, a whole bunch of people...unless he spontaneously combusts.

Spontaneous combustion would make one of the best surprise deaths in comics.

Spider-Man: Gwen! You're alive! I would have thought the trauma would have killed you!
Gwen: No. The laws of physics don't apply in comics, silly.
spider-Man: what a relief!
(Gwen spontaneously combusts)
Peter: Curse you, Goblin!

Darth Vader: Where's Padme! Is she alright?
Sidious: Yeah. Why?
(Padme spontaneously combusts)
Sidious: Ha ha.
Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Batman: Jason! I thought the Joker had killed you! (you get the idea)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 01:48 AM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Paradise

I got a little off topic there, didn't I?
Check out my Batwork in General Fiction!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 01:50 AM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Paradise

Coming soon

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 01:50 AM
Talking_Owl
Jesus

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 05:25 PM
Talking_Owl is currently offline Click here to Send Talking_Owl a Private Message Find more posts by Talking_Owl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

All of them.

Hacks into Cerebro, finds every mutant. Convinces them they are all Richard Simmons and they shoot themselves.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 12:53 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

^ I second that one.... VS forum, please.

Closing.

by Scythe

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 11:10 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote