KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Who do you think is the Marvel Batman?

Who do you think is the Marvel Batman?
Started by: Etrigan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Etrigan
?

Who do you think is the Marvel Batman?

Who do you think is the equivalent of the Dark Knight in the MU?
I would say probably either Black Panther or Daredevil. Black Panther mainly because he's got the same kind of costume, fighting skills, etc.

What do you think?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 07:45 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bushwacker

I thought Nighthawk from Squadron Supreme was Marvel's Batman.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 08:03 PM
Bushwacker is currently offline Click here to Send Bushwacker a Private Message Find more posts by Bushwacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Moon Knight if we are talking mainstream Marvel universe.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 08:19 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BetaRayBill
Last ASGARDIAN!!!

Moonknight

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 08:20 PM
BetaRayBill is currently offline Click here to Send BetaRayBill a Private Message Find more posts by BetaRayBill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i would say Iron Man only because he owns a company as well, and uses his companies gadgets.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:06 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Definitely MoonKnight.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 10:08 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Daredevil

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 05:03 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

I would have to say Daredevil.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 03:55 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There is no one-to-one comparison at Marvel. Aspects of Batman's image & personality are spread over a half-dozen characters at least. Superficially, Moon Knight is the closest, but isn't obsessive and is closer to The Shadow. Black Panther? Don't see that - that costume is cultural in his country, he has no secret identity etc. Nighthawk IS Batman, but in a different reality. Closest is Daredevil and Punisher; Frank Castle is what Batman would be if he was willing to kill criminals, and Punisher uses the most tech, but it's real-world stuff.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 04:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Moonknight seems pretty Batman to me. So do Black Panther and Daredevil though.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 09:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zarathustra

I always thought of Daredevil as the poor man's Batman. Or, rather, a poor man who was Batman.
But there are certainly similarities between Batman and a long list of heroes... he is one of the original superheroes, after all. He's bound to be pretty influential, which is why a number of Marvel heroes share his basic origin story.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 02:01 AM
Zarathustra is currently offline Click here to Send Zarathustra a Private Message Find more posts by Zarathustra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Few if any share the same origin story as Batman. And he himself is a melding of Zorro and The Shadow, plus visual ideas from Leonardo Da Vinci and a movie serial character called "The Bat." But being one of the earliest comic book heroes - along with Superman, Captain America, and Namor - means you set a kind of archetype profile others cannot help but find some aspects of. Just as Superman inspired many a super-powered strongman hero to follow after him.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 04:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Black Panther, Daredevil, or Moonknight

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 04:29 PM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zarathustra
I always thought of Daredevil as the poor man's Batman. Or, rather, a poor man who was Batman.
But there are certainly similarities between Batman and a long list of heroes... he is one of the original superheroes, after all. He's bound to be pretty influential, which is why a number of Marvel heroes share his basic origin story.

YEP Daredevil is the poor mans Batman
Thats if you ignore the fact that they got nothing in common except for being urban superheros
You might as well call Spider-man a poor mans Batman laughing

sig by willRules

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 12:12 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Paradise

Not so much Panther, probably Moon Knight. Don't mess with Moon Knight.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 09:30 PM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yeah got to go with moonknight.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 11:56 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Daredevil is definitely batman. which is kinda why Bullseye often resembles the joker in personality and arsenal.
The only difference is that Daredevil doesn't uses as many gadgets, is a much better fighter, and is much less psychologically stable. oh, and he's a totaly player.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 03:00 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

I can tell you now, Batman is a better fighter than DD.
It's my opinion... but I'm pretty sure most will go with me on that one.

And DD is much less psychologically stable indeed. He's gone mad at least three times that I can remember. Bats hasn't ever gone mad, I don't think...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2006 10:58 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Marvel versus DC did an interesting thing and fused characters from the two worlds together.

We of course had Captain America and Superman, and batman was fused with Wolverine.

When you look at wolverine's x-men mentality and compare it to batman's JLA outlook, they are similar.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 11:50 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tpaquin
Marvel versus DC did an interesting thing and fused characters from the two worlds together.

We of course had Captain America and Superman, and batman was fused with Wolverine.

When you look at wolverine's x-men mentality and compare it to batman's JLA outlook, they are similar.

The Amalgam series...I think Wolverine/Batman was called Darkclaw and his sidekick was Jubilee/Robin, a.k.a. Sparrow.
They also had Iron Lantern, (If Tony Stark had a Green Lantern ring)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 06:24 PM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote