KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » My Prediction of Joker's face in TDK

My Prediction of Joker's face in TDK
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

My Prediction of Joker's face in TDK

Ok, I've been reading complaints about Joker wearing make-up instead of being disfigured to look like a clown (and I agree that it is wrong). But here's a thought, maybe this is all a set up to let people think he isn't going to be disfigured. Now I'm not saying the make up will be left out of the film. But more like he paints his face for most of the movie and then in a fight with Batman, he gets disfigured making the clown look permanent and more menacing. Think of it this way, if Nolan wants to take a realistic approach, how would acid make him look like a clown? It wouldn't. But if he is wearing make-up while getting into an accident, then it could dye him permanently, almost like ink becoming permanent when getting a tattoo.

Thoughts?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 06:55 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 07:40 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Well I do hope ur right, b/c the disfiguring idea is a crap idea. We may as well tell Heath to grow his moustache so that the make up artists can put white make up on it........lol

Na na na na na nan batman........!!! rolling on floor laughing

Give me a break laughing

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 01:31 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: My Prediction of Joker's face in TDK

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Ok, I've been reading complaints about Joker wearing make-up instead of being disfigured to look like a clown (and I agree that it is wrong). But here's a thought, maybe this is all a set up to let people think he isn't going to be disfigured. Now I'm not saying the make up will be left out of the film. But more like he paints his face for most of the movie and then in a fight with Batman, he gets disfigured making the clown look permanent and more menacing. Think of it this way, if Nolan wants to take a realistic approach, how would acid make him look like a clown? It wouldn't. But if he is wearing make-up while getting into an accident, then it could dye him permanently, almost like ink becoming permanent when getting a tattoo.

Thoughts?

Well yeah that could make sense.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 03:05 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Tbh I don't mind...I just want him to be scary

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 03:30 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Yeah, that would make sense, but there are already a lot of reports saying that there is no origin for Joker in TDK, to quote Jett from BOF: "He just is..."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 04:38 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Actually...

The more sadistic thing for the Joker to do would be to tattoo his face white. THAT would freakin' rock!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 05:03 PM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Thoughts?

Intriguing.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 07:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I think the OP's idea and the tattooing idea are intriguing. I'm just not a fan of the Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline Joker we have now outside the context of the film.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 09:55 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think there will be a flashback sequence quickly explaining Joker's face.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 10:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think there will be a flashback sequence quickly explaining Joker's face.

there will be.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 11:37 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thoughts?

Best idea/suggestion I've heard on this subject yet.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 05:37 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Intriguing thought, but at the same time, you can't have both. If the makeup gets tattooed so to speak on his face, he'll look exactly the same as he does now, not more menacing. Its a nice idea, and I'd sure as hell like it better than him just painting his face every time he steps out the door, hoping that he doesn't get caught in the rain and have it wash off.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 09:56 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I wouldn't look the same if it were burned into his face with acid.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 01:36 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Hmm...I like the make up though, its kind of like giving him a choice each time...if he wears it, he deliberately chooses to be the psycho maniac instead of having it forced on him by disfigurement. He's bad because he chooses to be bad, not because he's resigned to being bad.

Or he's been pre-scarred by acid and uses the make up as a cover up..

Last edited by Hazardous on Aug 3rd, 2007 at 03:37 PM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 03:27 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Or...

He still gets dunked in acid, but it's a torture thing.

Somebody holds his body and dunks just his head in acid, explaining the white color running from his forehead to his neck.

Probably after they sliced his mouth.

That'd make me pretty crazy, what do y'all think?

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 04:41 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Or...

Somebody holds his body and dunks just his head in acid, explaining the white color running from his forehead to his neck.

That's a great explanation... slicing your mouth and getting your head dunked in chemicals... Could it be the reason behind some of the killings? Maybe not, but it's fun to speculate...

(Off topic: Not to spam or anything, but check out my Batman Fan Fic entitled Dent over at the General Fiction board. I'll be posting it in parts)

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2007 04:52 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by sithsaber408
Or...

His eyes would burn.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 02:06 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Unless he closed them.

And, he's got black circles around them.

I don't know, it was just an idea. stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 06:41 AM
NoFate007

What I'm hoping is that we get the acid bath and permanent Joker, and I think people are forgetting that its been stated the two main sources they used were his first appearance and The Killing Joke. If they don't make him the sympathetic ex-comedian (which I doubt they will) and they don't have the acid bath/Red Hood/permanent scarring concept, what else is there from The Killing Joke that they would use for reference? That might be overlooked. The only other thing I could think of would be the torture scene but I wouldn't constitute that reference for the character rather than just an isolated incident they'd like to use in the film.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 01:42 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote