KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Which Robin is your favorite?

Which Robin incarnation is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Dick Grayson/Nightwing 10 45.45%
Jason Todd 1 4.55%
Tim Drake 8 36.36%
Screw them all, I like Batgirl 3 13.64%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which Robin is your favorite?
Started by: Da Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which Robin is your favorite?

(please log in to view the image)

Okay, I'm still not a truly big fan of Robin, but Tim Drake is pretty cool and didn't have any lame lines or anything in TAS. Grayson is also a favorite but I guess because he eventually becomes Nightwing. I guess Grayson gets my vote, though.

Truthfully, Nightwing deserves his own movie. He's very similar to Batman and has a much more badass costume to boot. I say give him a movie putting him in a Gotham with no Batman who is either injured, dead, or has passed the mantle to Nightwing. That'd be really cool to see.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Last edited by Harvey Two-Face on Aug 15th, 2008 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 06:40 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Dick and Tim are both pretty cool. I never really liked Jason though, so I was damn glad he was killed off by my favourite Batman villian stick out tongue

Barbara Gordon would be my favourite Batgirl by far.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Last edited by RevoWution™©® on Aug 15th, 2008 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 08:28 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Tim.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 08:57 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

As far as the Batgirl's are concerned, Barb's my favorite:

She was pretty cool, and had some good episodes. Nightwing deserved more episodes.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:19 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

On a different note, didn't you use Tim, twice there?

And you missed Stephanie Brown. And maybe Carrie Kelly, just cause DKR was so ****ing cool.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:21 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
On a different note, didn't you use Tim, twice there?

And you missed Stephanie Brown. And maybe Carrie Kelly, just cause DKR was so ****ing cool.
To be fair, who's actually going to consider voting for Stephanie Brown? And Carrie Kelly was pretty annoying too, to be honest. Then again, I think DKR's overrated so what do I know?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:33 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
To be fair, who's actually going to consider voting for Stephanie Brown? And Carrie Kelly was pretty annoying too, to be honest. Then again, I think DKR's overrated so what do I know?

She's my second favourite no expression

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:36 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Tim

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:48 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, Richard and Tim are tied up.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:57 AM
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Da Joker
Wow, Richard and Tim are tied up.
Did you really expect Jason to do well??? Dick and Tim are both pretty cool. I'm just glad the Robin-haters have yet to find this thread...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 09:59 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't think Dick was that great of a Robin, really. If it was about Nightwings and Robins he might get my vote though.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:00 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Not that I've read that many Batman comics to judge, but I think DKR is overrated as well. To me, a good comic needs to have attractive drawings/art coupled by good writing. Hush would be my all-time favourite smile

The crude-ish drawings in DKR put me off the story completely confused

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:02 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Dick was that great of a Robin, really. If it was about Nightwings and Robins he might get my vote though.

It is...that's why it says Dick Grayson/Nightwing. confused

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:02 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Da Joker
It is...that's why it says Dick Grayson/Nightwing. confused
Oh okay, I thought that was just to state his name, well, Nightwing is my favourite character then. Tim is still my favourite Robin, though.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:03 AM
Kovacs86

Originally posted by RevoWution™©®
Not that I've read that many Batman comics to judge, but I think DKR is overrated as well. To me, a good comic needs to have attractive drawings/art coupled by good writing. Hush would be my all-time favourite smile

As well as the rather unnatractive art, I found the plot was a mess and Miller pushed the whole 'yeah, Batman's really dark and f*cked up' thing a little too far. It was, to be honest, somewhat tedious. It wasn't absolute crap, but it was far from the best Batman story. I much prefer Year One and the Long Halloween.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:06 AM
Bardock42

Though I appreciate what I think are good drawings, I think it is a bit immature to disqualify the book on the grounds of it. Dark Knight Returns is highly rated for it's story, not for it's drawings (which I personally find alright actually). I don't fin the drawings in Sandman, Watchman or V for Vendetta overly appealing, but I think there's no denying that the writing is genius and as that not overrated.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:08 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh okay, I thought that was just to state his name, well, Nightwing is my favourite character then. Tim is still my favourite Robin, though.

I would've made it multiple choice had there been more Robin's to choose from. But that's how I generally feel...Tim was always the better Robin while Grayson was the lame Robin that evolves into a character even cooler than Batman.

RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

As well as the rather unnatractive art, I found the plot was a mess and Miller pushed the whole 'yeah, Batman's really dark and f*cked up' thing a little too far. It was, to be honest, somewhat tedious. It wasn't absolute crap, but it was far from the best Batman story. I much prefer Year One and the Long Halloween.

Haven't read Year One yet, but Long Halloween and The Killing Joke are some of my favourites too.

RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Though I appreciate what I think are good drawings, I think it is a bit immature to disqualify the book on the grounds of it. Dark Knight Returns is highly rated for it's story, not for it's drawings (which I personally find alright actually). I don't fin the drawings in Sandman, Watchman or V for Vendetta overly appealing, but I think there's no denying that the writing is genius and as that not overrated.

I dunno, I never really got into the DKR story either. Perhaps the drawings had too much of a negative impact on me smile

I'm not saying it's the worst Batman comic out there, but it certainly isn't in my list of tops.

To each his own though smile

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:10 AM
Kovacs86

Haven't read Year One yet, but Long Halloween and The Killing Joke are some of my favourites too.

Year One's a 'must-read' and readily available too. The art is much better (by the great David Mazzucchelli, whose name I can't spell) and the story really introduced the idea of Batman taking on the mob and institutional corruption in Gotham. Probably my second favourite of Miller's works, after Daredevil: Born Again...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 10:11 AM