KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » In The Classroom

In The Classroom
Started by: K Tragedy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

In The Classroom

For those who are reading this, I thank you for taking a look at my story. Please let me post up a few things before I really post up the first chapter.

Just Some Info
♥ This work is mine. Any attempt to copy this work will land you in a world of pain! Cause I'll go all emo ninja on your bootie. Hyahh!
♥ Some content is explict. In this case, I will put up spoiler warnings. If you really want to read the perverted section of my little thoughts, be my guest. If not, you may skip these parts with your virgin eyes still well... virgin.
♥ This story is dedicated to a friend of mine. It may not follow the same plot, but the story of her father and her are all based on real events. Child abuse is wrong, dumb, and disgusting. This story shows how love can overcome even the most vulgar of obstacles.
♥ This is a single-author thread! Do not add to my story. If you have suggestions, I'm open to them.
♥ Drop me some feedback! I don't care if you flame my story or give it a prize. It's totally up to you. (I'm not begging for ratings, but it'd be nice if you'd take some time and give it.)
♥ Have fun reading! xoxo

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 04:58 PM
AngelxWings is currently offline Click here to Send AngelxWings a Private Message Find more posts by AngelxWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Chapter One

---8:00am, Monday---

Jade Erikson, a senior at Loyola High School, was one of the smartest in her class. Loyola was a private school where the well-off parents sent their children. It had a few acres dedicated to the aesthetic quality of the school, dotted with benches that were sometimes hidden from the rest of the world by trees. Jade wasn’t going to be valedictorian at this school, but many thought of her as being exceptionally bright. No one could say they knew her, though, because Jade did not invite friendship. She was kind, but distant. Working in groups with her was strained because while other groups goofed off, talking to each other as they worked, Jade’s group was always on task. The other girls would whisper theories about her personality--some funny, some concerned, and many of them cruel. Jade ignored them all, glad that her last year was upon her so that she could get out of high school and away from these types of people, away from home.

Pulling books out of her locker and stuffing them into her bag, Jade shut the door firmly and hefted the book-bag onto her shoulder, smoothing the front of her uniform’s skirt. Her first class of the day, of the school year, was senior advanced English, taught by a younger woman. Jade ignored the stares that freshmen boys threw her way, and gladly noticed that the senior boys ignored her, too. Stepping into room 135, Jade took a cursory glance of the room, of the teacher sitting behind her desk, and of the students already in the room. Finding a seat next to the windows, Jade pulled out her book, notepad, and pencil, and then let her eyes roam to the outside. She loved to do this--when they were given free time and she had nothing to do, or when class had not yet started, Jade loved to look out the window, wishing she was there instead of here. Well, that’s probably one thing I have in common with the rest of the school.

It felt too soon, though, when the bell rang and class began...

By lunchtime, Jade already had a homework assignment. Reading the first chapter of her Spanish book, though she would rather have learned an Asian language, she nibbled on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich she had packed for herself. Sitting on a bench underneath an oak tree perhaps a hundred yards from the nearest school entrance, Jade enjoyed the quiet that the outdoors provided. No one else sat on this bench. Jade liked the fact that it was so far off from the rest of the students eating outside, but some people thought it was a little creepy, or at least she had heard they did. After finishing the chapter, she still had ten minutes and finished off the last of her sandwich, gulping down some milk before gathering up her things and slowly walking back. About twenty yards to her right, a little closer to the school, she noticed someone walking back as well. At first she thought it might have been another student, but the trees thinned out and she saw that it most certainly was not another student.

He was very tall, wearing a nice suit, with short black hair. He had a lunch pail in one hand and his jacket in the other. Jade slowed down a bit to let him get ahead since they were headed towards the same door. Unable to see his face, Jade wondered if he was a new football coach, judging by his athletic body. Blushing as she realized that she was ogling a faculty member, Jade dropped her gaze to the ground, and didn’t bJadeg it back up until she was ten yards from the school’s side entrance. By then, the man was gone.

---Lunchtime, Outside---

Already, Trent Overich was starting to feel a headache coming on. Who knew that high school seniors were always so immature? He grabbed up his lunch pail, and locked his classroom door once all the students had vacated the room. Trent was the newest teacher at Loyola High School. He had worked in public schools before, but the pay was so bad that he was forced to work in a private school. Loyola was surely a big break. The pay was close to twice what he earned before, the facilities were nicely maintained, and the staff didn’t seem nearly as incompetent as those who called themselves teachers back in the public domain. The students were the same, though...

Walking in a random direction to find an empty bench somewhere inside the school grounds, Trent had walked a good hundred yards when he spotted a bench that was barely visible behind the trees. He would have missed it if he hadn’t heard someone clear her throat. Coming closer, he felt his heart beat a little faster. She was obviously a student, bent over a book and holding a half-eaten sandwich. Everything about her was beautiful, and Trent found himself peering at her from behind a nearby tree. Her incredibly long, black hair, braided and sitting heavily against her back was what he first noticed. Then it was her profile, perfectly shaped. The skin over the curve of her cheek looked glossy underneath the noonday sun. As his eyes traveled down, he noticed the swell of her young breasts and the way her shirt tucked into her skirt. Her legs were well shaped, and Trent couldn’t help but wish that a breeze would come along and blow her skirt a little farther up those pale thighs. Realizing the lecherous bent of his thoughts, Trent shook his head and backed away, walking off to his left to find another bench. On his way back to the school, he was determined not to look over at her as she walked twenty yards to his left.

---Last Class, a Meeting---

Having clarified the homework assignment with the teacher from her previous class, Jade walked to her last class of the day, senior advanced history. She kept her mind on where she was going, but flashes of a man in a dark suit with a white shirt popped up as she went. Nearing room 209, Jade forced his image out of her head and stepped into the classroom. It took all of her willpower not to react when the man she had seen at lunchtime was the one currently writing on the board. No other students had arrived yet, though they would soon, but Jade couldn’t take her eyes off of the teacher. As if he sensed someone watching him, the teacher turned around and visibly but subtly flinched upon seeing her. It was perhaps only two seconds, but it felt like twenty had gone by before Jade moved. She could hear two male students about to come inside and forced herself to keep walking, breaking eye contact and taking her usual seat near the window.

Trent was grateful that she ended the staring contest because his heart was starting to beat painfully inside his chest. He turned himself back to the board, barely able to write legibly and correctly as he thought about what had just happened. It was as if she...as if she knew him. Heh...she was probably just freaked out because her teacher was staring at her. Trent wished he could bang his forehead against the chalkboard. That’s right...I’m her teacher...she is the student, and that’s a boundary that I can’t ever pass.

Once all the students were seated, Trent got up from his seat behind the desk, and thankfully most of the students quieted down.

"Good afternoon. My name is Mr. Trent Overich, and despite the fact that this is your last class of the day, I expect you all to pay attention the entire period. There’s no talking when I’m talking," he said a little louder, successfully shushing two girls in the back. "In this class, there will be lectures, five writing assignments, one group project, two homework assignments every week, and three tests. The tests and project are worth the most, but failing to do the homework assignments will also get you failed in my class. I would like to get to know everyone’s name for today, so we’ll go around the room. You don’t have to stand up, but state your name and something about yourself. After that, your first assignment is on the board, and it’s due on Wednesday. Let’s start with you." Pointing at the seat closest to the door, Trent listened to everyone’s names, attempting to pay attention when all he really wanted was to know the name of the young female student currently watching the others as they spoke.

After a few chuckles from wittier students, it was finally Jade’s turn, and she didn’t move a muscle when everyone’s eyes landed on her. Clearing her throat, Jade quietly said,
"My name is Jade Erikson. And something about me is that I like dogs." Trent had asked others a couple of things about what they said, and was dying to hold a mini-conversation with Jade. Jade had been hoping he would move on since looking at him was making her blush.

"Do you have any dogs?" he asked, and Jade sat a little straighter in her seat.

"Three. They’re all German Shepards." Feeling her cheeks grow warm, Jade silently pleaded him to move on. He was relentless, though.

"How old are they?"

"Uhm, two are about eight years old. The other is a puppy I just bought about a month ago. The older dogs are still getting used to him," Jade replied, fidgeting with her skirt underneath her desk. Trent could tell she was embarrassed by the red tint to her cheeks and finally let her go, mentally slapping himself for forgetting the distance he wanted to put between her and him.

The rest of the period went by smoothly, and Jade couldn’t help but sneak a peek at Mr. Overich once in a while. It was unnerving, though, that every time she looked, he was looking at her, too.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 05:04 PM
AngelxWings is currently offline Click here to Send AngelxWings a Private Message Find more posts by AngelxWings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Chapter One [Continued]

---After Class---

Jade hurriedly gathered up her things once the bell rang, hoping to leave the room within the throng of students in order to hide the intense blush that was on her cheeks and that wouldn’t go away. However...

"Miss Erikson, would you stay a moment?" Watching as the other students left, smiling and goofing around with their friends, Jade felt a keen embarrassment waiting on the sidelines for the right moment to come and swallow her up once she and Mr. Overich were alone. In perhaps thirty seconds, the last student ran out of the room, calling for her friends, and Jade walked to the front where Mr. Overich sat on the edge of his desk. He’s so handsome...and I can’t seem to get over that fact! She looked at him expectantly, trying to judge the look on his face.

"I noticed that your cheeks look flushed," he began, which got Jade blushing even more. She dropped her gaze. "I was wondering if you perhaps were getting sick. The first day at school spreads around a lot of germs and someone might have given you something." Pressing his palm to her forehead, Trent tried to gauge her temperature, but she jerked back.

"I--I’m fine, Mr. Overich. It’s just a little hot today." Jade realized how dumb she sounded since it was only 80 degrees outside and the building had air conditioning.

"Well, when I saw you at lunchtime, you seemed fine. Just let me check," he said, wrapping his fingers around her upper arm and pulling her a little closer. Jade wondered if she would soon burst into flame...he saw me at lunch?! Trent didn’t seem to notice his slip and pressed his palm to her forehead again. "Here, step a little closer." He pulled on her arm, and Jade stood close, her thigh brushing his knee. With the backs of his fingers against her forehead, Trent looked to be carefully gauging her temperature and then looked up into her eyes. Such a warm brown color...

Looking directly at her teacher, whose eyes were an odd shade of hazel, Jade suddenly felt a little dizzy. Clutching at his shoulders, she watched as his face put on a concerned expression. Feeling her knees give out, the world slowed down as she dropped, but it wasn’t too long before Mr. Overich’s strong arms were around her, holding her up.

"Jade! Are you okay? Jade?" Her mind quickly came back to her, and so did a strong headache. Jade took stock of where she was. Her side was pressed tightly between his thighs and her fingers were holding fistfuls of the material over his shoulders. Though he didn’t seem to be aware of it, in her teacher’s attempt to keep her from falling, one of his hands was holding her right breast tightly. Gasping, Jade planted her hands on his pecks, pushed, and stumbled back.

"I’ll see you tomorrow, Mr. Overich!" she called as she picked up her bag and ran out of the room. Jogging to her locker, Jade checked her watch. She had three minutes until her ride was downstairs...and he never wanted her to be late. Trent was still watching the door a full minute after she left. He wanted to tell himself that what he felt for her was only affection, a strange crush on a girl ten years younger than him. He wanted to tell himself that he didn’t want to probe into her personal life or know more about her other than that she liked dogs and was in his final period history class. He wanted to tell himself that holding her hadn’t felt good...that he didn’t want to hold her again, didn’t want to taste her, didn’t want to touch her...but he knew he was kidding himself. What a crappy Monday...

Suddenly galvanized to move, Trent picked up his jacket, briefcase, and lunch pail, and locked the classroom door behind him. Walking down to the first floor, he exited the building through the other side entrance towards the parking lot, just in time to see Jade running up to a large, expensive black car. From far away, her voice sounded just as heavenly as up close.

"I’m so sorry, father! I won’t be late tomorrow!" Scrunching his eyebrows together in curiosity, Trent began to walk towards his own car, in the same direction as Jade. Her car finally pulled away when he was perhaps ten yards from it, and he saw Jade looking at him as it sped away. Though the windows were tinted, there was no mistake that her eyes shined with tears.

---8:00am, Tuesday---

Jade stopped off at the restroom before heading to her locker. Seeing that no one else was in the restroom, she stepped close to the mirror and checked how well her make-up was holding up. Seeing a bluish tint on her right cheek, she pulled out her compact and brushed on some more concealer. The bluish tint was finally gone, and she washed her hands before leaving the restroom. After running to her father’s Mercedes, she had hurriedly tried to explain her tardiness and apologize at the same time, which seemed to anger her father instead of placate him--one method didn’t always work. After slapping her hard enough to leave a bruise, he quietly told her to never be late again. Jade then looked out the window as tears borne of the pain that her father’s hand had wrought spilled silently down her cheeks, and saw Mr. Overich looking right at her. She thanked the powers that be for making the windows tinted.

At lunch, Jade checked her make-up again since the physical education class had gone outside that day to jog around the school grounds. She quickly covered up the bruise that was beginning to show underneath the powder and then walked out to her favorite bench. It was a long walk, but Jade enjoyed the quiet that sitting that far out brought to worry too much about how long it took to get there. Bringing her head up once she was close, Jade paused when she saw Mr. Overich sitting on her bench, looking at her with a very serious face. Jade backed up a bit and looked to her left to see if the other bench further back was open, but her teacher spoke up first,

"Miss Erikson, I need to speak to you, if you don’t mind me intruding upon your lunch hour." Jade scuffed her shoes in the grass for a little bit. She didn’t want to put off her teacher since he seemed to be a nice person, but he just made her so nervous... Making up her mind, Jade walked over to the bench and sat down. Without looking up, Jade said,

"I’m sorry for running out like that yesterday. I was late for my ride." Trent could feel his blood boiling. Though it was barely visible, he knew what he was looking for, and it was obvious to him that she had a new bruise on her right cheek.

"It’s perfectly fine, Miss Erikson. Would you mind if I asked a few personal questions?" Jade was glad for the make-up today because her cheeks were starting to flare up again. Trent could see that she was on the edge of the bench and that she was fidgeting again.

"Uhm, I suppose so, Mr. Overich." What does he mean by personal? Trent suddenly noticed how vulnerable she suddenly seemed. He felt angry that her father might be the cause of it.

"What does your father do for a living?" Trying to start out small, Trent laced his fingers together and set his elbows on his knees.

"He’s a lawyer for Driskel, Riley, and Sons," Jade answered, caught off-guard by the nature of the question and wondering where he was going with it.

"Does he have a lot of pressure on him at work?"

"Oh, yes...they’ve been bogged down with cases for the past year, and father hasn’t gotten a single break." Starting to see where he was going, Jade clenched her hands in her skirt.

"What about your mother? Does she work?"

"My mother died a year ago. Leukemia," Jade said quietly, almost a whisper.

"I see...does your father always pick you up after school?" Jade grimaced down at her skirt, upset to find out that he had seen her getting into the car, and had probably heard her gushing out apologies to her father.

"Yes, usually...unless I tell him that I’m staying later. Then I usually take a taxi home. Father’s schedule is very tight." Swallowing and feeling a bit queasy as unhappy memories flooded her mind, Jade desperately hoped that Mr. Overich would be finished with his Inquisition soon.

"Is he the one who hit you?" The abrupt question jarred Jade, and she was quickly off the bench. Her book-bag fell to the ground and her lunch toppled onto the bench.

"Wh--what are you talking about? My father doesn’t hit me," Jade lied, failing miserably as tears gathered over her eyes. She was backing up when Trent snatched his hand out to grab her wrist. He pulled her back down to the bench and brought up his other hand to cup her chin. Turning her face so that her right cheek facing him, Trent brushed his fingers over her face, coming away with a lot of make-up powder and revealing two streaks of blue skin beneath.

Holding his fingers in front of her eyes, he said, "Then why is there a hand-sized bruise on your cheek, Jade?" he asked. His voice had changed. It was lower, quieter, and less professional. Jade pulled her chin out of his palm and covered up the bruise with her hand.

"I fell down, Mr. Overich," she said quietly, avoiding eye contact.

"Did you fall onto his fist?" he said, a little angry. Jade flinched at his tone.

"I fell down!" Grabbing her book-bag, Jade left her lunch where it was and ran. Going back inside the school, she ran to the closest bathroom and re-applied her make-up. Then spending the next twenty minutes hiding in the stall furthest from the restroom door, Jade stared at her hands, thinking about the look on her teacher’s face.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 05:09 PM
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Chapter One [Continued]

---Final Period, Tuesday---

Not looking at her teacher as she entered the classroom, Jade sat in her usual seat, glad that more students filed in before he could say anything. Briefly taking her eyes away from the window, Jade looked to the girls sitting down close to her seat. One of them must have noticed the darkness on her face and stared for a bit before being distracted by a friend and turning away. Jade brought her hand up to her cheek, staring down at her notepad. My father is a good man...he’s just under stress. I would get upset, too, wouldn’t I? Taking a chance and looking up, Jade was surprised to see the way her teacher stared at her. Mr. Overich looked...like he wanted to help...but it was more than the way a teacher would look at a student. It held so much more wanting...

Breaking eye contact, Jade let her braid drop down over her shoulder, concealing some of her cheek, and picked up her pencil. After that, the class proceeded quickly. Jade had to look up once in a while to write things down, but Mr. Overich never looked her way again. As the time neared for the bell to ring, Jade quietly began to gather her things to leave. Mr. Overich dismissed the class about five seconds before the bell rang, and Jade left with the rest of the students, not looking back. In the classroom, Trent sat back on his desk, drumming his thigh with his pencil and watching the empty doorway. Let’s hope your father isn’t stressed tonight...Jade
Jade was about a minute early that day, and felt a sense of relief when she realized that her father would be happier that she was on time. His Mercedes pulled into the parking lot right on time, and he pulled up alongside the curb in front of her.

"Hi, father! How was work today?" Jade asked, closing the door behind her.

"Ohhh, not too bad. We did better in court today with the McKenzey trial. Hopefully, his ex-wife will get a clue and drop the alimony charges." Pulling away from the school, Jade’s father turned up the A/C a little higher and pulled on the neck of his silk tie. It was a fifteen-minute drive to their house, which was a verifiable mansion with a single housekeeper who left before five every night, leaving their dinner on the table. The housekeeper was also good enough to let her dogs out into the backyard a couple times a day and to make sure that her newest puppy was on the path to being house-trained. Jade and her father ate in silence with the dogs sitting expectantly outside the dining room. She was in the process of clearing the dishes once they were done, but as soon as she picked up her father’s water glass, his cell phone rang. Answering it, her father walked to the hallway with it, listening intently. Jade was in the kitchen was she heard him yell into the phone.

"What?! When did this happen?" he bellowed. Jade’s two older dogs whimpered and ran up the stairs, while the puppy sat there wagging his tail. "...Well, I don’t care how you stop it, but it better be damned fast! ...Jesus, what a *****...now I know why McKenzey divorced her. ...Yeah, fine...fine...see you in the morning." She heard a few more curse words as he walked into the den, and then the clinking of glass as he poured himself a drink. Oh, God... Washing the dishes as fast as she could, it was still forty-five minutes before she was drying her hands and ready to head upstairs to do her homework. By then, her father was very drunk. Walking into the dining room and pushing in the chairs, Jade shut off the light. She attempted to tiptoe past the den, but her father was drunk, not deaf.

"Jade...come in here for...a few seconds," he drawled out, nursing a glass of brandy. Jade walked into the dim room, only lit by a small lamp over the billiard table. Her father sat in a hard leather chair near the table, and was motioning with his hand. Jade walked forward, standing in front of him. He opened his arms, asking for a hug, and Jade sighed in relief, glad that he wasn’t angry anymore now that the alcohol had numbed his mind. Kneeling she leaned forward and hugged him, smelling the brandy quite clearly. Pulling back, Jade looked at her father, wondering where the one she remembered from a year ago went. He reached forward and brushed a random hair off of her forehead, setting his hands on her shoulders.

"You look so much like your mother," he sighed, blinking slowly.

"Wasn’t mom shorter than me?" Jade asked softly, trying to keep his mind on good memories.

"Yeah...just a little. But your face...so much like your mother." Jade smiled softly, wincing only a little when the act hurt her cheek. When his face suddenly turned angry, Jade flinched and was about to heave herself away from him when his hand shot out and slapped her left cheek, hard enough to leave a second bruise. Jade fell back, landing hard on her rear. Tears silently rolled down over her burning cheeks. "Why did she have to die?! Every time I see you, you remind me of her! And I hate for you that!" He kicked her in the stomach, still wearing his shoes, and Jade gasped for breath. Her stomach rolled sickeningly, and she knew that she was in danger of throwing up. Thankfully, her father left off and stomped out of the room, leaving Jade lying there on the floor, clutching her innards. Nothing felt broken, but Jade’s heart was in pieces.

---7:00am, Wednesday---

Jade sat at the table the next morning, carefully forking eggs into her mouth, which felt sore and stiff. The housekeeper was obviously upset, but she didn’t say anything. When she left to go back into the kitchen, Jade’s father spoke up.

"I...I’m so sorry, honey. I drank way too much. Once this case is over, I’m going to take a two-week break. I’ll make it up to you..." He held his water glass in his hand, turning it slowly as he watched for his daughter’s reaction. Jade could feel her puppy nudging her calf with his muzzle.

"I have to stay late at school today, father. I need to spend some time in the library, if that’s okay." Seeing as how she dropped the subject, her father sighed in relief, hoping it meant that she would forgive him.

"Will you be able to take a taxi home? I’ll give you the fare for it, of course." Jade nodded in response, putting more eggs into her mouth. Her father looked over at the housekeeper when she came back in, and the woman gave him an expressionless stare. Looking back at his daughter, who had to put on a lot of concealer that morning, Jade’s father looked down at his plate and sighed.

---8:00am, Wednesday—-

Jade wore her hair down that day, hoping that everyone would ignore her as usual. After checking her appearance in the restroom, she was about to close her locker when the girl who had looked at her in history yesterday walked by with some of her friends. Though the friends were distracted by a good-looking boy at the end of the hall, the girl looked right at Jade, and Jade turned her face away, making as if she was searching for something inside her locker. The girl continued on her way. Jade watched the girl’s back as she walked down the hall. Emily Schumann...Jade didn’t know her at all well, but from what she had seen, Emily was a nice person. Shutting her locker, Jade hurried off in the opposite direction to her classes.

---Physical Education, Wednesday---

This was the class Jade dreaded most on days like this. Her ribs hurt so badly that walking without wincing was hard. She feigned a female problem with the P.E. teacher, acting shy the whole time in order to score extra points. The teacher, young and female, was sympathetic enough to let her just sit out, but she had to change. Jade didn’t want to push her luck and decided that she could just change in the bathroom stalls inside the locker room. No one gave her a second glance the entire time, and Jade breathed a sigh of relief when she got away with it. She just hoped that her body was feeling better tomorrow.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 05:15 PM
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Chapter One [Continued]

---Lunchtime, Wednesday---

Jade was dying to find some quiet time for herself, forgetting that her history teacher might be there again on her bench. It was hard to hurry since her ribs ached. She needed to be away from school, away from her father, and by herself for at least an hour. Coming upon her favorite bench, Jade blanched when she saw Mr. Overich sitting there again. She was about to veer left and simply walk past him to a further bench, but Jade knew better than to think he’d let her go.

"Miss Erikson, we need to talk...now. I can see the new bruise on your left cheek from here," Trent calmly said. She could hear the anger in his voice, and though she knew that he wasn’t angry with her, it still felt like it was being directed at her. Jade didn’t want him to get involved. She didn’t want him to care about her, or to be close to her--after all; the blushes that his presence elicited were becoming an annoying habit. She began to slowly back away; fidgeting with her hands and trying to come up with something that might make him back off.

"It would be best, Mr. Overich, if you ignored me. Just teach...I’ll turn in the work you need, and that’ll be it. Can we just do that?" Jade hated the look on his face and dropped her gaze to the bench. He looked incredulous, and his ire was obviously rising.

"You know I can’t. It’s part of my duties as a teacher to look out for students like you. But even if it weren’t, I, myself, wouldn’t be able to let this go. Stop backing away from me," he commanded, coming to a stand. Jade only backed away faster. When her teacher took a step towards her, she panicked and ran.

"Jade!" Trent called, trying not to yell too loudly. She was obviously gone, though, and he sank back down to the bench with a sigh. I’ll just have to corner her, then. His near-obsession for her was growing. She was such a beautiful girl, and seeing her complexion marred by some man’s fist...it made him angry and protective. She didn’t want my help, though...doesn’t she know that she needs help? Looking up, he saw her disappear into the school, and wondered if he was even really helping.

---The Library after school, Wednesday---

Her history class went by awkwardly, but Jade was grateful that Mr. Overich hadn’t made her feel more nervous than she already was. The bell rang, class was dismissed, and she was able to leave without a second thought. After stopping by her locker, Jade walked to the far end of the building’s first floor and entered the library. It had a lot of current materials and broader-range literature like encyclopedias, perfect for high school projects. Jade went quickly about her work, looking up the right books and writing down their call numbers. Though her father wasn’t going to be there to pick her up, if she wasn’t home within five minutes of when she said she would be, then there’d be hell to pay.

Wandering down one aisle, Jade saw the only other person in the library walk up to the circulation desk to check out an item. She found her book and tugged it off the shelf, browsing the index quickly. Deciding that it wasn’t what she needed, she put it back on the shelf and crossed off its call number. She walked to another aisle, hidden from the librarian at the circulation desk, who was using a loud typewriter to make new book labels. Finding the book she wanted, Jade was reaching up to the top shelf to get it, but winced and curled a little into herself from the stab of pain from her bruised ribs. I can’t even get my book...who am I kidding here?

"Which call number is it?" a low voice said. Jade clutched at her heart in surprise and did a 180. The other book in her arm fell to the floor. Looking up at her history teacher, Jade realized again how tall he was. The typewriter was still going, meaning the librarian hadn’t heard the book drop. Mr. Overich braced his hands against the bookshelf on either side of Jade’s head and leaned down. He...smells good. "He must have done more than slap you last night. Did he kick you?" Trent was desperate to get a confession out of her. If she could at least admit it to him that her father was hitting her, perhaps she would be able to admit it to herself. "He probably blames you for getting him angry. He hits you and when you’re down on the ground, he kicks you some more, angry with you for something he’s going through. And you’re embarrassed. You think that people will make fun of you and your father, so you cover up your bruises. You make excuses for him." Jade only stared at him, panting lightly and clutching a sheet of paper to her chest. "Jade...does your father beat you?" Seeing a shimmer of tears over her eyes, Trent thought he had gone too far.

"Y--Yes..." she said with a small, soft voice. Jade wasn’t able to look at his expression any longer. She closed her eyes, dropping her chin to her chest as two small tears fell to the floor. Feeling him lean away from her, Jade covered her mouth with her free hand while the other rubbed at the ache in her ribs. She felt his fingers firmly but gently pull her away from the bookshelf, and then his arms surrounded her, loosely holding her against his warm, hard chest. She could hear him shushing her, trying to calm her down, but it only made her want to cry more. She pressed her face into his chest to muffle her sobs, and was vaguely aware that the librarian’s typewriter was still going. One of his hands was brushing over her hair, and Jade, for the first time in a long time, felt comforted. And for that, she found herself liking Mr. Overich...a lot.

Jade quieted down after a couple of minutes, and became aware that she was clutching the back of Mr. Overich’s jacket and had gotten a lot of her make-up on his shirt. Keeping her head down, Jade wiped at the wetness beneath her eyes, sniffing. Mr. Overich gave her a couple of tissues from a Kleenex mini-pack in his jacket pocket, and Jade cleaned up her face as best as she could. Looking in front of her, smears of tannish cover-up were all over his shirt.

"Oh! I’m sorry, Mr. Overich! There’s make-up all over your shirt!" Using the other clean tissue in her hand, Jade attempted to wipe some of the make-up off of his shirt without working it into the fabric. Trent stiffened a little, reacting to her hands. Her right hand was working on the stain, but her left was simply braced against his chest, and her palm was quickly getting his male nipple distended. Jade looked up at him finally, and Trent gasped at how badly her face was bruised now that the make-up had either been washed off or rubbed off. But her eyes were so beautiful, a warm brown color... "It’s not coming off," Jade said meekly. Trent swallowed. Yes, but your hands are getting me off...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 05:21 PM
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Chapter One [Continued]

"That’s fine. It’ll wash out, I’m sure. Now...which call number do you need?" Trent asked, trying to get his mind off of the hand still touching him. Jade looked down at the ground for her slip of paper and quickly found it, removing her hands from his chest. Reading the number out, Jade turned toward the bookshelf and pointed at a red book on the top shelf. Trent reached up for it, and Jade bit down on her lower lip when she felt his pelvis brushing her backside. Handing her the book, Jade thanked him with a shaky voice and flipped through the index, trying to remember what it was she was looking for. Seeing it listed, Jade was about to turn and pick up her other book, but Trent already had it in his hand.

"Are you researching for the group project already? It’s not due until November," Trent asked, looking at the title of the book. Jade blushed, gently pulling the book from his hands.

"My father always told me that I should get my work done early," Jade said, setting the books on a clear space in the shelves and digging through her shoulder bag for her make-up compact.

"Your father, huh? ...Jade, what do you want to do about this?" Trent asked, watching her re-apply her make-up and feeling his anger rising again. Jade seemed to have realized that he was now thoroughly immersed in her personal life and looked at him behind her compact mirror.

"Father says that he’s going to take a two-week break after his current case is over. I...think I might confront him about getting some help after he has had a week off to cool down. After that, though...I don’t know what to do." Jade closed her compact, dropping it back into her purse and taking a deep breath. Jade then picked up the two books from the shelf and looked up at her teacher, whose hazel eyes were inciting a riot inside her chest. "I--I have to be home in twenty-five minutes, so I need to check these out now."

Mr. Overich seemed to snap out of it and reached down to close his jacket, thus hiding the make-up stains on his shirt. Jade waited for him, watching his fingers and wishing those fingers would unbutton her own clothing. What are you thinking?! He’s your teacher! Jade couldn’t help but secretly imagine Mr. Overich putting his hands on her breasts again, though, and turned towards the circulation desk once he was finished. The librarian was quick and efficient, checking out the two books to Jade and sending her on her way. As Jade and Trent left the building, he set his hand on her shoulder and turned to ask,

"How are you getting home?" Jade blushed from the warmth of his hand, but pointed to the payphones sitting near the parking lot.

"I was going to call a cab. I did it a lot last year. Father didn’t want me driving yet since it worries him--" Jade stopped upon seeing the look on Mr. Overich’s face brought on by the mention of her father. Her hand fell back to her side.

"I’ll give you a ride home. It’ll save you some cab fare. Sound good?"

"Sure. It’s not that far." Trent had the nagging feeling that he wanted to hold her hand as they walked to his car. Glad that he had just washed it, he unlocked her side and then walked around to his own, feeling awkward for opening and holding the door for her. Jade gave a direction once in a while on the way to her home, but otherwise, they didn’t speak. The situation was still a little too tense. Pulling up into the circle drive, Trent thought to himself that being a lawyer in this city must be lucrative because Jade lived in a palace. Yet her father was so abusive...it was too tragic to be believed.

"Thanks for the ride, Mr. Overich." Jade was about to open the door when Trent spoke.

"Would you mind if I asked for your phone number, Jade? I want to speak to your father about something," he began, but he was cut off before he could further explain.

"Please don’t tell him you know! He’ll be furious with you! And with me! Please--"

"Jade, I’m not going to tell your father that I know. I just want to tell him that I’m starting a research project and I’m going to ask for your help, meaning you’ll be staying late at the school almost everyday." Jade sat there for a moment with her mouth open, not sure where this came from. Trent was sorely tempted to kiss her.

"Uh...uhm...what research project?" Trent leaned forward, but then clenched his fist, forcing himself to stop. Jesus, Jade...how can you be so tempting? Clearing his throat, Trent explained the project’s main purpose of exploring the histories of local legends. It was going to involve road trips and a few hours at the high school and public libraries. "Why are you researching local legends?" Jade asked, surreptitiously checking his car’s clock.

"The subject fascinates me...and it’s more fun to research with another person," Trent said, hiding his real reason. He actually just wanted to get Jade out of her father’s house for a little while, give her some fun, and help her escape his wrath if he could--at least until Jade could confront her father. And Trent wanted to be there when she did.

"Oh...well, I think I have time for that, so if father is all right with it then...I better go. I have to be inside soon. Dinner is probably getting cold." Jade gripped her book-bag tighter and opened the car door, throwing back a small smile as she walked to her front door. Her father was in the dining room, having started his meal.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 05:25 PM
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Chapter One [Continued]

"How much was the fare?" he asked, gesturing towards her plate, which was still steaming. He must have re-heated it. Jade set down her bag and sat down in the chair. She hadn’t eaten since breakfast and was starving.

"My teacher gave me a ride home, so I didn’t have to take a cab. I left the fare money on the hallway table." Jade knew it would be nice like this for a few days, long enough for her to heal. And then his anger would build up again. After her mother died, it was only a month before he started hitting her in order to get his grief out. Father must have a lot of grief.

"Oh, you can keep the money, Jade. Buy yourself something nice next time Miss Pruess takes you out to the mall." He shoveled in some more food, ending the conversation. Jade nodded, eating her food in silence.

I have a break now...three or fours days...before it happens again.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 03:12 AM
D_A_R_E
Heiress of Darkness

Your story is very interesting K. You haven't even finished posting the first chapter and I'm addicted to it. Guess that goes to further prove how much of a book worm I am. Anyways it's excellent. I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

"I'll take the world when it turns on you. I'll set it on fire.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 03:10 AM
D_A_R_E is currently offline Click here to Send D_A_R_E a Private Message Find more posts by D_A_R_E Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

4 1/2 out of 5?! You gotta be kidding me!! stick out tongue Just joking! Thanks Dare! I'm looking into your story too!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 01:18 AM
bamboopanda
The Forsaken

It's over, already??? I was captivated! 9.5/10!

Happy Halloween

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 03:10 AM
bamboopanda is currently offline Click here to Send bamboopanda a Private Message Find more posts by bamboopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

Hehe, aw thank you so much! *Hugs fer Yuki!*

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 04:52 AM
Nickey
Fallen Angel

I thought you were suppose to finish your story.
Why aren't you?

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:17 PM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngelxWings
xx. Angel~

I've been pretty busy lately. I haven't had much of a chance to write anything. I type it up on word, when the chapter's finished, I post it up. I'm not even close to being done truthfully, but I'll work on it tonight. n_n

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:08 AM
Nickey
Fallen Angel

Okay

Thanks Neha for the sig!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 02:18 AM
Nickey is currently offline Click here to Send Nickey a Private Message Find more posts by Nickey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

i give it a 9 of 10. great story. you show great talent in writing. i only cut it at a 9 because i never give anything a perfect score... i'm too hard to please in stories. (lmfao) seriously, great story.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 02:43 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote