KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Which horror series has.....

Which horror series has.....
Started by: Evil Dead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Which horror series has.....

- deviated most from it's original concept.......the original horror movie....

- has stayed the most true to it's original concept......the original movie.

I think the first one has to be Halloween. They took a story about a guy who escaped a mental hospital, returned to his hometown and killed babysitters into a whole mythology about some unstopable evil needing to kill his family members. A very far cry from the original concept.....

I'd have to say the second is probably Hellraiser. With 6 movies released........all follow the same concept. Evil Cenobites from Hell led by Pinhead come to Earth to claim those people whose greedily lust for all pleasures leads them to open the puzzle box.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:09 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre- a story about a bunch of 20 somthings going out to investigate if ones grandfathers grave has been robbed, then going on and eventually all but one meeting there death from a retarded cannibal

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:22 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

For the first one i would say Halloween 1 and 2 (didnt last long) Hellraise (all of them), NOEM (its about freddy going into your dreams all the time chasing kids) and Friday the 13th (the first couple)

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:24 AM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

you misunderstood the question...........

Which horror movie SERIES has CHANGED in CONCEPT the most from the FIRST movie to the NEXT movies.

All Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies are basically about the same thing. A family of cannibals who terrorize and kill unsuspecting people.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:25 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Michael Myers 1........I think you might have misunderstood aswell.

If not, please explain your answers. You are listing a bunch of movies.....I asked two questions. One answer for each question.

If you think the Halloween series changed more than any others.....the answer is simply Halloween.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:27 AM
Mordecai
I am the way.

Re: Which horror series has.....

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
[BI think the first one has to be Halloween. They took a story about a guy who escaped a mental hospital, returned to his hometown and killed babysitters into a whole mythology about some unstopable evil needing to kill his family members. A very far cry from the original concept.....

I'd have to say the second is probably Hellraiser. With 6 movies released........all follow the same concept. Evil Cenobites from Hell led by Pinhead come to Earth to claim those people whose greedily lust for all pleasures leads them to open the puzzle box. [/B]

I totally agree. yes

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 05:30 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

1. Hellraiser series (what evil dead said)
2. Lecter series (forensic psychiatrist that is involved in crimes etc etc)
3. Halloween series (what evil dead said)

the movie that made no impact in horror movies would have to be

LEPRECHAUN.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:19 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

The Evil Dead Series ~ Five teenagers taking an excursion to the woods where an evil presence is waiting...ok teenagers and evil presences may go 'hand-in-hand' but Rami pulled it off to be one of the most innovative spins on this old yarn.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 09:37 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

well spotted

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 09:39 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dammit i just noticed what i said sorry i take it back i wish i could edit my posts........... damn

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 01:35 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

another horror that has had no impact what so ever has to be mothers day, it was a mix of deliverence and friday the 13th,but it was very bad

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:56 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

puppet master always had the same concept

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:02 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The answer is Friday the 13th. The original was about an unknown killer stalking camp counsellors, it later transpires that the killer is the mother of a young boy who had drowned due to counsellor negligence. Every Friday the 13th movie since still has teenagers being killed while they screw and get stoned in the woods but the killer has moved from an innocent looking woman to her unkillable son and the shots of an unknown person roaming the forest has changed to shots of Jason, standing in the middle of the road, impaling people on branches, slamming them into trees, etc.

I think that makes the Friday franchise the series that has deviated from it's concept the most, I think the Hannibal Lector series has stayed true to it's originality.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:04 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I suppose Poltergeist stayed with it's concept.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:06 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Friday the 13th.... It started out as a movie about a mother getting revenge on camp councelors for allowing her son to drown....and the latest movei in the series was about a mutated zombie robot on a spaceship.

Of the Dead Trilogy...all center around zombies becoming gradually stronger then humanity.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I can't believe I forgot Romero!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:22 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Of the Dead Trilogy...all center around zombies becoming gradually stronger then humanity.

I always saw the Dead Trilogy as humans descent from civilized humanity.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:24 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

But society breaks down and crumbles all around this zombie crisis, the zombies themselves do not change. There's something in that, I'm not sure what but there's something there.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 08:27 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
I always saw the Dead Trilogy as humans descent from civilized humanity.

yeah, but zombies becoming stronger is the basic, vague plot of all of them. The humans reverting into savages isn't shown strongly untill day of the dead.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 09:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
yeah, but zombies becoming stronger is the basic, vague plot of all of them. The humans reverting into savages isn't shown strongly untill day of the dead.

Yeah, but the zombies did only become strong due to their ratio which was not really shown in Night and indeed Dawn but really shown (in its extent) in Day.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 09:26 PM