KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Has the age of turbo zombies begun?

Has the age of turbo zombies begun?
Started by: Waggy the Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Waggy the Dog

Has the age of turbo zombies begun?

no longer will slow, pedantic zombies fill the screens of horror. if you ask me, i don't know why. Is it because cinema these days is for people with short attention spands?

personally, i liked it better when the zombies walked. With zombies furiously running amok, they are less scary.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:26 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

They ran quickly in "Return of the Living Dead" (1984).

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 08:40 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

did they, i don't recall that.
maybe.
i just think they wobbled faster than the average zombie, but i don't think they ran. I haven't seen it for a couple years.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 09:21 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

roundisfunny> yea they did run in ROLD

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 09:34 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

There is a movie coming out, "Worst Case Senario"; the zombies move slow. smile

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 09:53 PM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Seems to me that the worst-case scenario would be that zombies not only ran, but that they were olympic sprinters from Kenya.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Apr 8th, 2004 10:48 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm willing to bet that the zombies in Romero's next zombie film will still be slow.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 12:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gabri_Krueger
Restricted

Account Restricted

is jason considerd a zomdie? cas if so jason turned fast and cyber in jason X

REBEL AGAINST TUESDAY KNIGHT! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATRICIA!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:22 AM
Gabri_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Gabri_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Gabri_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jason isnt a zombie because he dosent need or want to eat people. But then again he could be a zombie because has risen from the dead before so.....I'm not sure.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 9th, 2004 02:52 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gabri_Krueger
Restricted

Account Restricted

neither am i... confused

REBEL AGAINST TUESDAY KNIGHT! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PATRICIA!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:44 AM
Gabri_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Gabri_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Gabri_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~FreAk'n*WeiRd~
The lies are out there

hi all how life here. just going in and out of chatrooms and thought that i'd say hi! so hi!

The Truth is a Lie

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 05:25 AM
~FreAk'n*WeiRd~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~FreAk'n*WeiRd~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~FreAk'n*WeiRd~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Okay, please don't post messages like that when they have absolutely nothing to do with the topic Johnnys#1. Thank you.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 07:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

I'm torn between liking the fast zombies, only because they look so funny when the run. And the classic Romero zombies, I think Romero's zombies were more believable then turbo zombies

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 06:37 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i dont know, we need a "clear" definition of a zombie, i'll have a look in google and see what comes up

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 11:36 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

zom·bie also zom·bi n. pl. zom·bies, also zom·bis
A snake god of voodoo cults in West Africa, Haiti, and the southern United States.

A supernatural power or spell that according to voodoo belief can enter into and reanimate a corpse.
A corpse revived in this way.
One who looks or behaves like an automaton.
A tall mixed drink made of various rums, liqueur, and fruit juice.

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 11:38 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Nah i don't think a new age of zombie movies has begun, i guess its worked recently but i think a return to the ways of old is inevitable especially if Romero ever makes another movie.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 08:22 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ejay1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lets take this fast zombie thing to the extreme. We shall call it Teenage Mutan Ninja Zombie, it will be about 4 regular teenagers who get contaminated with a zombie virus. And they use their superhuman strength and speed to fight criminals. And they don't eat people but eat tofu instead, in this day and age eating people isn't cool anymore. Than they will be riding around an upgraded punch buggy. Fighting their nemesis MTV man and the FCC. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 08:47 PM
ejay1 is currently offline Click here to Send ejay1 a Private Message Find more posts by ejay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote