KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Salem's Lot (Part 1 & 2)

Salem's Lot (Part 1 & 2)
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Salem's Lot (Part 1 & 2)

Well, the world premier of part 1 was last night, 2 is tonight. I swear thats is a really good movie, I cant wait to see the 2nd tonight. I wasnt really expecting it to be this good but i watched a few moments of it and got hooked. The fact that its a vampire movie kind of striked me as a surprise, it just doesnt seem that type of movie.
Did anyone else watch this?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:42 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

never heard of it...but maybe it has an other name here...

sane

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:44 PM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Hm..It came on TNT, it was a world premier but..maybe it is a diff name. Its excellent though

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 03:46 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

It's a remake of the classic Stephen King movie adaptation..........completely unneccisary.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 05:16 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Its based on Stephen King's book.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 05:19 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

yes.......but they already made the movie 25 years ago. No point to remake it. Pointless.........just as the Carrie remake was and the Shining remake they did a few years ago.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 05:21 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Well I dont know anything about older books/movies i just watch the new stuff, and i liked this

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 05:24 PM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I already like this one better than the original.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 11:55 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aini
fallen

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
yes.......but they already made the movie 25 years ago. No point to remake it. Pointless.........just as the Carrie remake was and the Shining remake they did a few years ago.

...I didn't know they made a Shining remake either... confused ...why?...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 12:44 PM
Aini is currently offline Click here to Send Aini a Private Message Find more posts by Aini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Im reading Salems Lot at the moment, its my second attempt at getting through it. I always find that there is a lot of needless description in much of King's work, but hes still a genius non the less.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 12:48 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

ah yes........they remade it as a tv mini-series (The Shining). It starred none other than the ultra cool Anthony Michael Hall............

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 01:06 PM
Aini
fallen

....aha,...hmm,...I don't think it ever came out here...

sane

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 01:08 PM
Kelly_Bean

I watched last nights 2nd part, i must admit it was better then the first part that i saw the night b4, I really didnt understand the last part of it though. It was awesome though.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 01:14 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
ah yes........they remade it as a tv mini-series (The Shining). It starred none other than the ultra cool Anthony Michael Hall............

It seems that whenever one of King's novels is turned into a two-plus day miniseries event, it completely destroys the original feel of the book more than a film version does (not that some of the film adaptations are that much better... Dreamcatcher, anyone?). As expected, the TNT version of 'Salems Lot was a complete disappointment... but nearly as horrid as the bastardization they did with that four day rendition of The Stand on TV. As that is probably the best King novel in my opinion, that one hurts the most. But this version of 'Salem definitely gives Tommyknockers a run for second worst attempt at a novel-to-miniseries adaptation.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 02:16 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

I didnt understand anything you just said but i still disagree. I guess its cause i hate reading, im a movie person and im closely interested in vampire movies.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 02:36 PM
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

Better explanation:

Stephen King novels + TV Miniseries = Crap.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 04:59 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

lol

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:27 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I like the Stand..............

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 02:07 AM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

The second part of the Salem's Lot miniseries annoyed me. I don't understand why they changed so much.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 06:23 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
I like the Stand..............

The miniseries?!? Really?!? I was just completely disappointed with several of the casting choices; they seemed out of character. Matt Frewer as the Trash Can Man could have had so much potential, but I just kept having flashbacks of Max Headroom.

And I'm sorry, but Molly Ringwald can't act her way out of a paper bag. To my recollection, she had only one good movie (Sixteen Candles) and was cast in another good movie that she really didn't carry herself (Breakfast Club). Furthermore, all of characters are pretty much the same. You think she could have played it better after all of those opportunities.

Jamey Farrell played Randall Flagg's charismatic bit alright, but he just didn't strike me as the terrifying demonic entity that was portrayed in the novel.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2004 01:48 PM