KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Horror fan checklist......

Horror fan checklist......
Started by: Evil Dead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Horror fan checklist......

These are the movies I think every horror fan should see. Sure....there are alot of good films not listed, these are just the films I think anybody should see to get a good general feeling of everything the genre has to offer. These are just the basics....

- Jaws
- The Omen
- The Amityville Horror
- Psycho
- Demons
- The Beyond
- Dawn/Day/Night of the Living Dead
- Hellraiser
- Friday the 13th
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- The Howling/Dog Soldiers
- From Dusk 'till Dawn
- Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
- Last House on the Left
- The Hills Have Eyes
- Phantasm
- Canibal Holocaust
- The Shining
- Carrie
- Scream/Urban Legend (basically any '90s teen flick)
- Alien/Aliens
- The Thing
- Return of the Living Dead
- Burnt Offerings
- The Brood
- The Evil Dead
- Martin
- Suspiria
- The Ugly (great, great flick...alot of people havn't seen it though sad )
- Candyman

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:28 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yep, all of those are musts.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I keep reading that list........I know I left some good must-sees out...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:43 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I still havint seen

Burnt Offerings
The Brood
Martin
Suspiria
The Ugly
The Hills Have Eyes

but I will defently buy'em sooner or later

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:46 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I'd add....

Zombie, Salo, Nightmare on Elmstreet, and 28 Days Later, Irreversible.

Last edited by BackFire on Aug 28th, 2004 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Zombie is a must

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:47 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

see.......I thought FOR SURE I had ANOES on there.......it's one of my favorite films........

I didn't have 28 Days Later on there simply because I felt it was too much like the Romero Dead films........I figured if you watched all 3, 28 Days Later wouldn't really be anything new to you.......

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:48 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Alright I'l add

The Thing
The Fog´
IT

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:49 PM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
see.......I thought FOR SURE I had ANOES on there.......it's one of my favorite films........

I didn't have 28 Days Later on there simply because I felt it was too much like the Romero Dead films........I figured if you watched all 3, 28 Days Later wouldn't really be anything new to you.......

Well, 28 Days Later has a more realistic and believalbe modern day feel to it, plus with the use of digital video it becomes a much more real movie. But yeah, I thought I would mention it because of the fact that it's the best modern horror film for the past several years.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:51 PM
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halloween
exorcist

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:51 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The Thing is on there.........meh @ the Fog......nothing groundbreaking....... meh @ IT.........nothing you could get out of those films (mini-series in the case of It) that you wouldn't get if you watched all the other films on the list......

word @ zombie..........good stuff....

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:52 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Rosemary baby should be on the list

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:53 PM
BackFire

I'll also thrown in Irreversible. Not a traditinal horror movie, but possibly the most horrific and disturbing film you will ever see. It's worth seeing just for the SFX in the infamous fire extinguisher scene.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 10:54 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

edit it up backfire............keep a good list running up there....I would do it myself but Raz has the user edit option down to like 15 minutes after post I believe.

as to Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist...............if you've already seen the movies on the list especially The Omen and Amityville Horror.......you pretty much know the genre. You'll be experiencing nothing new by watching the Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby.

same thing with Halloween........

I didn't make the list as a "hey...here are the best movies that I think everybody should watch" list.............it's a "hey, these movies are a great cross section of the horror genre. If you watch all of these you'll pretty much have seen most of what the genre has to offer" list.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:00 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Irreversible is disturbing yes, good choice there Backfire! Ah Vincent Cassel.

Also agree with The Fog and Rosemary's Baby, love those two films.

Salo, Is a film I could only watch once.

No Asian horror on there, forgive me if I missed one.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I find nothing innovative about Asian horror.........I'm not a fan...havn't seen a whole lot of it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:11 PM
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

gozu rocked audtion rocked come on asian horror rocks

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:12 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh well, shame.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, Audition is a great one.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:19 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Irreversible & JAWS dont belong on that list, they are drama / thriller.

Alien/Aliens & The Thing are pure sci-fi.

From Dusk 'till Dawn is a great ****in movie - but not scary or innovative in the least.

American Werewolf in London?

Asian horror is either included or your list is a sham - it's the cutting edge of whats genuinely ****ing scary these days.

Otherwise - nice job.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2004 11:29 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote