KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » American Nightmare ( The Documentary )

American Nightmare ( The Documentary )
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

American Nightmare ( The Documentary )

Has anyone seen this documentary American Nightmare, it is fantastic, I saw it on the extras of the hills have eyes dvd. It goes into americas violent history and shows how this pyschology manifests itself in horror films like modern day grimm fairy tales. It also analyses horror throughout history.It is honestly one of the most fascinating documentaries I have seen. Highly recommended 5 stars.

It has interviews with Tobe Hooper, Wes Craven, Tom Savini ( particularly fascinating when he is talking about his experiences in vietnam), and many other horror luminaries.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 11:22 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Yeah, I saw this on English terrestrial a few halloweens back... one thing I didnt like is how they get showing people getting shot... I didnt see a reason for it

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 11:25 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

sort of reinforced the point that it is humans who are the real monsters and that these films are influenced by external events and actions in society.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 11:28 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 11:52 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i saw it on bbc 2 a while back...quite interesting

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:19 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Anyone know of any other good Horror Documentaries?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2005 12:21 PM