KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Versus (2000)

Versus (2000)
Started by: Zilverz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zilverz

Versus (2000)

Has anyone seen this movie? I seen several people had it listed in there top 5 list of best zombie movies and ive never heard of it. Here is the plot:

"
This kinetic horror/action hybrid stars Tak Sakaguchi as Prisoner KSC2-303, a criminal who has just escaped from a maximum security prison. Heading to the Forest of Resurrection to meet up with some gangsters, KSC2-303's escape plan soon veers off course when an argument with one of the gangsters leads KSC2-303 to shoot him. Worse still, KSC2-303 finds out the hard way that when you kill something in the Forest of Resurrection, it does not stay dead. Things get even more complicated when all the dead people the gangsters have buried in the forest begin coming back to life and packing heat. Blending zombie horror with EVIL DEAD 2 style slapstick and Hong Kong action pyrotechnics, VERSUS is a very bloody and very enjoyable thriller.
"

please if anyone has seen this, share your thoughts

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 09:22 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Ive seen this, its ok, not great, it is entertaining but too much "kung fu fighting" for my taste, some good gore moments and some nice kills, and if you like horror and kung fu films you will like this. Actually rather hilarious and weird in places. I give it 7 out of 10.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 11:24 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i agree

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 01:11 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have seen it, I wouldn't have it up in my favourites, but I do LOVE the end scenes in the forest.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 01:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarcomens

Asian zombie movies have a lot more action than the european ones. Lots of gunfire. Like the look of the zombies thoug. Junk is entertaining. Asian zombie flicks is often distroyed by really stupid humour. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 01:45 PM
sarcomens is currently offline Click here to Send sarcomens a Private Message Find more posts by sarcomens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BREN

i really liked versus made me laff and really gory gets my thumbs up ,btw available in aus on dvd ,i saw the asian import dvd like 3 years ago so dont know if its available in the uk?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 04:51 PM
BREN is currently offline Click here to Send BREN a Private Message Find more posts by BREN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is in the UK.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 11:24 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azrael01
Belarius

Smile

I liked it, I ended up buying it mainly because it is hard to find. But I would say there are better zombie and asian horror movies out there.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 03:36 AM
Azrael01 is currently offline Click here to Send Azrael01 a Private Message Find more posts by Azrael01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

nothing more than a live action japanese anime. Which means it is pretty entertaining.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 05:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

Versus rips! I love it! Definately check it out if you can. Slow at first but it picks up. They're making a sequel.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 05:18 AM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evil_made_flesh
blackhearted angel

i loved versus one of my fav asian zombie films next to junk.

The Legend Lives Forever!!!! \m/

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 07:02 PM
evil_made_flesh is currently offline Click here to Send evil_made_flesh a Private Message Find more posts by evil_made_flesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote