KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » "The Eye"

"The Eye"
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Miffed "The Eye"

I heard alot about the movie, and after being sorely disappointed with "Taking Lives", I figured this may make up for it.

Unfortunately, I struck out again. It suffers from the "28 Days Later" false billing plague. It was supposed to be a horror movie, it wasn't. It was supposed to be scary, it wasn't. It was supposed to be original, it wasn't. It was like a Asian version of "The Sixth Sense" coupled with some various other "psychological thrillers".

It was a nice story..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
An Asian girl recieves retinal transplants of somesort, after being blind since agae 2, and once acquiring said "new eyes", she's haunted with images of death taking people away, both young and old, either before or right when they die.

Unfortunately, it just didn't live up to it's hype for me, and I ended up fast forwarding a solid 15 minutes of the movie, just to get to the end.

Anyone else seen it, and wish to comment. Also, has anyone seen the "Tomie" trilogy, or any of them seperately?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 04:43 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Re: "The Eye"

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I heard alot about the movie, and after being sorely disappointed with "Taking Lives", I figured this may make up for it.

Unfortunately, I struck out again. It suffers from the "28 Days Later" false billing plague. It was supposed to be a horror movie, it wasn't. It was supposed to be scary, it wasn't. It was supposed to be original, it wasn't. It was like a Asian version of "The Sixth Sense" coupled with some various other "psychological thrillers".

I've just seen THE EYE quite recently and I agree. I too was expecting more will all the hype I read. Even the much touted "elevator sequence" did'nt do very much for me.

THE OTHERS was miles better in my opinion and if it's scares you're after check out BLACK CHRISTMAS, a 1974 Canadian slasher with a young Lois Lane - Margot Kidder - that is virtually bloodless but long on atmosphere and unease.

...TR...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 09:06 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote