KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Scream

Scream
Started by: Pamela Voorhees

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pamela Voorhees

Question Scream

Ok what is the deal with the movie Scream, it is insulting to all slasher movies. I don't care if it was made by Wes Craven or not it's crap. I mean the costume is not realistic, you need a big creepy thing like Jason or a burned up maniac like Freddy, who wants to watch a stupid teenager wearing a screaming face chase around other people because his mum left him when he was a kid. And if that's bad enough they started to make MORE!!! They should have stopped after the first one.

Last edited by Pamela Voorhees on Jul 21st, 2005 at 09:10 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:08 AM
Pamela Voorhees is currently offline Click here to Send Pamela Voorhees a Private Message Find more posts by Pamela Voorhees Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I don't rate it that high either.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:16 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:22 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pamela Voorhees

Cool at least some one agrees everyone else loves it because it's like the only thing they can handle.

Jason Rules

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:22 AM
Pamela Voorhees is currently offline Click here to Send Pamela Voorhees a Private Message Find more posts by Pamela Voorhees Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

I don't really like slasher films though, their so stereotypical and boring, you can tell whats going to happen in the mainstream ones.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:31 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pamela Voorhees

That's what my friend said. But I just like them. But still Scream was just not good. Neither was the first Friday the 13th. I like stuff like white noise and the ring too though they pLaY WitH YouR MiNd!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:35 AM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:54 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pamela Voorhees
That's what my friend said. But I just like them. But still Scream was just not good. Neither was the first Friday the 13th. I like stuff like white noise and the ring too though they pLaY WitH YouR MiNd!

I agree totally with that, other than the White Noise and Ring bit.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:00 AM
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

The White Noise and Ring bit kind of undermine any confidence you may have in her opinion and invalidate that opinion.laughing
and personally I like the first Friday the 13th, in my opinion its the best one in the series. Also I think Scream is one of the best horror films ever made.

Last edited by papabeard on Jul 21st, 2005 at 10:10 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:08 AM
eggmayo

Originally posted by papabeard
The White Noise and Ring bit kind of undermine any confidence you may have in her opinion and invalidate that opinion.laughing
and personally I like the first Friday the 13th, in my opinion its the best one in the series. Also I think Scream is one of the best horror films ever made.

Yeah, my [sarcasm] tag doesn't work anymore.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 11:24 AM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

i personally liked Scream (the first one after that they went downhill IMO) i didnt even bother watching White noise cause it looked so bad and the ring was awful IMO.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:16 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i liked scream 1 but the rest just went abit crappy if you ask me

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:26 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
actor

Did you start this thread because Scream was on the tv on Sunday?
Anyway, i like all of the Scream franchise. Ok, it's not the scariest film ever made but does a film have to be terrorfying to be good?

Also i think the costume is a bit creepy. Not as creepy as some but i wouldn't want to see it in my backyard at night.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 04:59 PM
actor is currently offline Click here to Send actor a Private Message Find more posts by actor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Christ. Another "Scream" thread? This is riduclous.

Here's we go, "Scream 101". "Scream" is the antithesis of slasher flicks. It parodies them from start to finish, for starters. It bucks all the trends purposely, and exploits every stupid facet of the genre. "Scream" shows you DON'T need some mute and masked mongoloid thats NEVER been scary or intimidating to make a good slasher. Someone finding two devoted Horror fans to pick off victims for him, the real cultprit who gets away with it successfully over 3 movies? That's genius.

Originally posted by Pamela Voorhees
Cool at least some one agrees everyone else loves it because it's like the only thing they can handle.

Jason Rules

"Scream" is the only thing we can handle? What the **** are you on, girl? You're gabbing about liking lightweight shit like "White Noise", which I did like, but it was hardly a mind-****.

Now, you dislike the first "Friday", although your namesake is of its main character? Define irony. "Friday the 13th" has been shit about Part 4, and that's a popular opinion. Slashers are indeed derivative, boring, and stereotypical.

Jason's been a dead man walking, no pun intended, for about a decade now.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:04 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Jason's been a dead man walking, no pun intended, for about a decade now. [/B]

yup, I beleive jason should have been over after the first flick.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:11 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

Originally posted by Mandorallen
yup, I beleive jason should have been over after the first flick.

jason wasn't the killer in the first flick.

and scream isn't suppose to take its self seriously. its not a bad film.
i would never see white noise because that film looks what someone said "lightweight"
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:15 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It's not so much a true Horror as it is a suspense, IMO.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:18 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
It's not so much a true Horror as it is a suspense, IMO.

u're reffering to white noise right? if u are i agree

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 07:22 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pamela Voorhees

Seriously, if you forget the low budget effects and look at the back ground of the killer it's actually kinda interesting. But to be honest Scream just didn't impress me. Better effects than the Fridays but still bad bad movie. thumb down shifty

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 01:02 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The background of Ghostface is what made it so unique, and low budget special effects? Do you know of any Horror movies that had big budget special effects? What the f**k?

Pretty shallow reasoning for disliking one of the most important Horror movies ever.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:52 PM