KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » the fly (1986)

the fly (1986)
Started by: b-dan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
b-dan
Son of Sparda

the fly (1986)

have any of you seen this i loved this movie i just baught it i had seen it b4 but never got around to buying it and it had the sequil and man Jeff Goldblume deserved a award for that movie any one sen it??

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 03:19 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

It's called punctuation. b-dan. you should try it sometime. And, yes The Fly was good. I own it myself. Didn't like the sequel with his son in it, though.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 04:26 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason_Krueger
I play with dead things.

Haven't seen the sequal yet but the original has a place on my shelf.

When theres no more room in hell, Jason Voorhees will walk the Earth

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 04:54 PM
Jason_Krueger is currently offline Click here to Send Jason_Krueger a Private Message Find more posts by Jason_Krueger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I love this movie.

I agree with u Impediment I didn't like the sequel. I think that this is a movie that didn't need a sequel.

Personally I think this is still one of the greatest horror movies ever.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 08:54 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

it had to of had a sequil since the orignal had one so if your remaking a movie might as well remake the sequil

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:19 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Yeah,good movie,second one was okay as well..............and?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:17 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
It's called punctuation. b-dan. you should try it sometime.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 04:47 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Yes! Now we are talking. The Fly is way up there with the real classics, a fine example of how horror should be done. Very creepy story, kick-ass effects and lots of drama and pain, Cronenberg did a good job, and very convincing acting by Goldblum!
Haven't seen it yet? Do it ASAP.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 05:38 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Yes! Now we are talking. The Fly is way up there with the real classics, a fine example of how horror should be done. Very creepy story, kick-ass effects and lots of drama and pain, Cronenberg did a good job, and very convincing acting by Goldblum!
Haven't seen it yet? Do it ASAP.

defiantly a classic

up there with The Thing as one of the best.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 02:45 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The sequel was terrible, but the original was very good and included Goldblum's best acting. Gruesome makeup effects! thumb up

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 05:10 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Originally posted by T.M

up there with The Thing as one of the best.

I misread that at "the ring" and got angry. Now I'm in total agreement.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 07:44 PM
tpaquin is currently offline Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I especially love his "acid spit" technique. Great stuff there.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 08:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by tpaquin
I misread that at "the ring" and got angry. Now I'm in total agreement.

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:20 PM
BaronOBeefDip
Fedora wearin' psychopath

The Fly was and probably is the only movie that ever made me throw up. I enjoyed it, but I don't think I could watch it more than once without barfing.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 05:19 PM
BaronOBeefDip is currently offline Click here to Send BaronOBeefDip a Private Message Find more posts by BaronOBeefDip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

lol.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 02:30 PM
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Yup, it has some stomach-challenging scenes indeed. I remember almost tossing them cookies while watching the original Dawn of the Dead for the first time. I was 15, eating a pretty red pizza and then came the zombies in the basement, eating limbs while the gore dripped from their faces. I really had to turn on off the tv in order to be able to enjoy the rest of my meal.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 02:44 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

but u did finish the meal laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 02:49 PM
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

eeh, yes. But I watched the smurfs while I ate the rest...

Last edited by Pandemoniac on Aug 4th, 2005 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 03:18 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 03:18 PM
BaronOBeefDip
Fedora wearin' psychopath

Man, I remember from watching The Fly that I would be running to and from the bathroom during nearly every single vomit-enducing scene. In fact, I ran so many times to the bathroom that my dad actually asked me if I was sick...to which I responded, "No, (barf.) I'm...(barf.) just watching a movie...(barf.)"
And, yet, I thought Jeff Goldblum looked better after he became a hideous fly-creature. I don't know why, but there was just something that I found to be attractive about the way it looked.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 08:55 PM
BaronOBeefDip is currently offline Click here to Send BaronOBeefDip a Private Message Find more posts by BaronOBeefDip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote