KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Do snuff movies exist?

Do snuff movies exist?
Started by: K.Diddy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Miffed Do snuff movies exist?

I watched the movie 8mm the other day,it got me thinking...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 01:24 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yes of course they do. Are most real? No, but there has been cases where people have been arrested for incriminating evidence found on snuff films

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 01:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cropsy_is_god

Films about snuff movies will exist (August Underground is an exmaple of that) but real ones i dont think they exist

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 04:59 PM
cropsy_is_god is currently offline Click here to Send cropsy_is_god a Private Message Find more posts by cropsy_is_god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I'm sure they do. You're not gonna find a quality snuff DVD at Suncoast though.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 07:58 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
I'm sure they do. You're not gonna find a quality snuff DVD at Suncoast though.

Yeah you will, they're in the back.

And I belive the official answer, as per most government authorities is - One's never actually been found.

Though, there have been videos where people are being killed, they aren't snuff. To be snuff it must be made for the purpose of gaining a profit, some monitary gain must be had before a film can be considred snuff.

There was a case where a guy killed a girl, video taped it and WAS going to sell it, but he was caught before he sold it to some people over the internet. Had he actually sold it, this would have been a snuff film.

I watched a documentary on it, and the general consensus is that they most likely do exist, but one's never been found.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2007 11:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

There is an episode of The Simpson's that have always stuck with me. It's the episode in which Bart and Milhouse supervise the shop of Comic Book Guy.

It so happens that they discover a secret basement in which CBG keeps his most hard to find and extremely rare movie collection. It's a gold mine of banned and illegal movies. Heck! I would love to have collection like that!

I brought this out because it illustrates that such material does exist and can be only accessible by very discrete retailers. From my own experience, I know retailers only sell their most obscure and rare stuff to long time customers.

However, I will admit, that as curious and interesting the experience of watching a real Snuff film maybe....I couldn't watch it..wouldn't be confortable with the images of real murder taking place right before my eyes.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jul 3rd, 2007 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 06:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Espantada23
Sexual Entity

Didn't Charlie Sheen have something to do with a snuff tape?He wasn't involved in it but supposedly the police found him in possession of said snuff...but I think it might have been fake of something.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 03:02 AM
Espantada23 is currently offline Click here to Send Espantada23 a Private Message Find more posts by Espantada23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah you will, they're in the back.

And I belive the official answer, as per most government authorities is - One's never actually been found.

Though, there have been videos where people are being killed, they aren't snuff. To be snuff it must be made for the purpose of gaining a profit, some monitary gain must be had before a film can be considred snuff.

There was a case where a guy killed a girl, video taped it and WAS going to sell it, but he was caught before he sold it to some people over the internet. Had he actually sold it, this would have been a snuff film.

I watched a documentary on it, and the general consensus is that they most likely do exist, but one's never been found.
Wasnt there one film some student made where he killed people and then left it in a video store?

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 02:50 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spalding

I remember hearing about a movie that was banned from the US a long time ago. I can't remember the name of it so please refresh my memory if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I think it was a horror flick made in brazil, but the guy just hired a bunch of prostitutes for the roles and then brutally murdered them for the movie. Does anyone remember the name of that movie?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 06:42 PM
spalding is currently offline Click here to Send spalding a Private Message Find more posts by spalding Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Originally posted by Espantada23
Didn't Charlie Sheen have something to do with a snuff tape?He wasn't involved in it but supposedly the police found him in possession of said snuff...but I think it might have been fake of something.

Neh, what really happened was that Sheen came across a copy of one of the Japanese Guinea Pig movies and thought it was real snuff.
He reported it to the feds, and the makers had to prove that it was all fake. Eventually Sheen just made the best commercial for their movies possible.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 08:47 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by spalding
I remember hearing about a movie that was banned from the US a long time ago. I can't remember the name of it so please refresh my memory if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I think it was a horror flick made in brazil, but the guy just hired a bunch of prostitutes for the roles and then brutally murdered them for the movie. Does anyone remember the name of that movie?

Cannibal Holocaust?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2007 03:36 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Isnt Cannibal Holocaust just really realistic?

That can't be it, however the prostitutes things sound cool

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 07:06 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42ndStreetFreak
Crusher of apologists

Snuff films...as in a proper film, with a crew, that gets released to the public just like any other film do not exist!

People seem to forget what a film (or should that be movie) really is.

Of course people have filmed people being killed or even filmed them while they were doing the killing. But that does not make it a film!!
Just because something is recorded on a medium does not mean it is a movie.

If that is the case then all those people who filmed Granny falling over at the wedding reception or the dog jumping up to get a ball and falling into the rum punch would be classed as movie directors and IMDb would crash under the weight.

And who truly thinks that a movie where the actors were really killed would be openly released to the public? COME ON!

There are not and never have been 'snuff' MOVIES.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 06:31 PM
42ndStreetFreak is currently offline Click here to Send 42ndStreetFreak a Private Message Find more posts by 42ndStreetFreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

You're right, but in wars and crime some murders have been recorded and the footage has been published by the perpetrators in order to make a statement. Not the stuff that would end up in the local videostore, but on-screen real deaths have been used to reach a certain audience to leave an impression. Kinda like normal movies intent to do.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 07:46 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i would say that the technicalities behind snuff movies probably do exist...i'm sure there have been plenty of examples where by someone has filmed a murder (although not been involved) and have sold the video to news media for profit...

so if snuff is the filming of a murder and the selling of that video for profit then i would say that has probably happened

although some may consider that it would have to be the person committing the murder that sold the tape for it to be genuinely snuff...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 09:49 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yes of course they do. Are most real? No, but there has been cases where people have been arrested for incriminating evidence found on snuff films

I do agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 10:03 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42ndStreetFreak
Crusher of apologists

But they're not films. They are no more films than videos of your wedding, an air show or a car crash.

Of course people have filmed deaths, accidents, murders and executions (some of which have been in proper movies as well, like the "Road to Hell" footage in "Cannibal Holocaust", without actually being the actual movie) just as they film carnivals and births. But none of this has anything to do with snuff FILMS or MOVIES.

It's just a lot of crud used by pro-censorship types to attack the horror genre and exploitation movies.

I filmed my 3 year old Daughter dancing yesterday...I guess that makes me a film maker if this logic is being used.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 10:09 PM
42ndStreetFreak is currently offline Click here to Send 42ndStreetFreak a Private Message Find more posts by 42ndStreetFreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

I think snuff films can really only be like...murders. Something like the Lacey Scott murder could be sold as a snuff film. Or something secretive...... suicide and attacks really aren't snuff films. And they dont have to be literal films, they can just be videos. Guinea Pig would be a snuff film if it were real. Someone being murdered and then it being distributed.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 02:15 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42ndStreetFreak
Crusher of apologists

Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
. Guinea Pig would be a snuff film if it were real. Someone being murdered and then it being distributed.

yes, but if it was real...it never would be distributed. You couldn't buy it from Amazon or Suncoast. That's the point.
"Guinea Pig" would not exist in the public arena if it had been real so it's in fact a negative that proves the point.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2007 08:43 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
But they're not films. They are no more films than videos of your wedding, an air show or a car crash.

Of course people have filmed deaths, accidents, murders and executions (some of which have been in proper movies as well, like the "Road to Hell" footage in "Cannibal Holocaust", without actually being the actual movie) just as they film carnivals and births. But none of this has anything to do with snuff FILMS or MOVIES.

It's just a lot of crud used by pro-censorship types to attack the horror genre and exploitation movies.

I filmed my 3 year old Daughter dancing yesterday...I guess that makes me a film maker if this logic is being used.

Actually I believe the road to hell footage is all fake. In one of the documentaries/commentaries in the CH 2 disc dvd set they said they paid a military regime to act out those scenes.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 10:09 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote