KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Trying to find the name

Trying to find the name
Started by: scarlettwynch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
scarlettwynch

Trying to find the name

I am trying to find the name of a movie that was made either in the 70's or 80's. It is about a group of either teens or college students that go into a haunted house and they open a door in a basement that releases some sort of demon or devil. Then they are killed off one by one by the house. Anyone have an idea what this might be?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 11:22 PM
scarlettwynch is currently offline Click here to Send scarlettwynch a Private Message Find more posts by scarlettwynch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dylZyo

i think it might be the cabin in the woods

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 07:59 AM
dylZyo is currently offline Click here to Send dylZyo a Private Message Find more posts by dylZyo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like The Evil Dead.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 08:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God
Master of Universe

It.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:37 PM
God is currently offline Click here to Send God a Private Message Find more posts by God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KateyKiller666

Sounds like cabin in the woods, but I'm not sure.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 08:33 PM
KateyKiller666 is currently offline Click here to Send KateyKiller666 a Private Message Find more posts by KateyKiller666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
broco
Do what you love the most

Just like Kazenji said, the movie you were searching is The Evil Dead...the one made in 1981!
I wish this forum had an +1 system to promote the best answers

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 12:14 PM
broco is currently offline Click here to Send broco a Private Message Find more posts by broco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

Evil Dead the orginal one. like he said with bruce campbell

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 04:41 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillerForHire

Night of the Demons, maybe?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 04:44 AM
KillerForHire is currently offline Click here to Send KillerForHire a Private Message Find more posts by KillerForHire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abb220

Question 80s movie with aliens in suburbia

Trying to find the name of a movie that I believe is from the 80s. Around the same time as the Blob, I believe. I can't remember if it is creatures like in slither or little gremlin like aliens. I remember at one point there is a slime like creature in a home where a couple are having a party with their neighbors. The daughter comes home to all of them in bed together, but it is actually this alien creature that has consumed them but keeps their heads above the covers. At another point in the movie, a piece of this alien crawls into a blender where a woman is making salsa or margaritas.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2015 01:26 AM
abb220 is currently offline Click here to Send abb220 a Private Message Find more posts by abb220 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

Well the margaritas scene seems like the movie gremlins but i have a feeling i want say maybe the movie critters.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 09:36 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

or try ghoulies

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 09:40 PM
DeltonP

Late to the party (just found this forum today), but I believe the movie described by the OP, scarlettwynch, is "The Evil" (1978) starring Richard Crenna, Joanna Pettet, and Andrew Prine. Similar to "The Evil Dead" that came after it, the house in "The Evil" entraps the aforementioned stars and several young people that may or may not have been students of the character played by Crenna. I have one of the original VHS tapes of the movie and purchased the DVD on Amazon a few years ago, a double feature release with an even more obscure offering, "Twice Dead", also included.

Some of the more memorable scenes (SPOILERS AHEAD!) include a death by electrocution, Prine unsuccessfully trying to saw through an exit door, and when one of the occupants finally gets out of the house, he soon realizes he isn't going far as the earth below him opens up and swallows him. And then there's the Devil himself who turns up near the film's end, played by Victor Buono who died just a few short years after appearing in this movie. I liked it more than most.

The Evil
7/10

Last edited by DeltonP on Jun 6th, 2015 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2015 08:26 PM
DeltonP is currently offline Click here to Send DeltonP a Private Message Find more posts by DeltonP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote