KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Dog Soldiers

Dog Soldiers
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Dog Soldiers

I've been pushing this film here for ages but only a few members have seen it (Myself, Ush and Backfire if I remember correctly).

Anyhoo, now there's a dedicated horror section I think this is the place to tell people about it and get this film more fans.

Go to the review section and read the review, then go directly to your video rental shop (do not pass "go", do not collect £200) and rent this film today! cool

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 06:40 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yeah. awesome movie.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 06:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

But... if I din't collet the $200, how can I affored to rent it :P

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 01:07 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

If you don't like it, I'll happily send you your money back. big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 02:02 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

it'll be worth the 3 bucks to rent. trust us.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:01 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Dog soldiers is a solid movie, it was real entertaining had a good build up and its climax wasnt a dud it cam all over the place

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 04:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I watched this on DVD again today and noticed how many Brit slang words are used throughout.

How do you Americans cope with all the British lingo in this film?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 03:01 PM
BackFire

we ignore it and listen to actual words, the few there are smile

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 02:12 AM
Silent-Bob77
Snootchie Bootchies

Awesome film!! Good to see a British film getting some respect!! Funny and gross, with pretty cool werewolves too. Got it on DVD and it is well worth the cash.

cool

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 07:44 PM
Silent-Bob77 is currently offline Click here to Send Silent-Bob77 a Private Message Find more posts by Silent-Bob77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, ive enver really seen a werewolf movie i enjoyed as much as this, well wolf was fun and howling could have been if it diddnt start out so damn slow then go to a horrible ending better story would have made howling great, diddnt anyone see the howling where there in the castle and its like a mystery because people know someone is a werewolf i thought that was good but any way i loved dog soldiers

Old Post Aug 5th, 2003 01:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

this post deserves to be revived because so many of the newer horror movies are such crap that its rare to see a good one.if you havent seen dog soldiers yet go rent it...NOW!!! evil face

Old Post Sep 6th, 2003 01:21 AM
BABOON is currently offline Click here to Send BABOON a Private Message Find more posts by BABOON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I think this is one of the best werewolf movies ever made. It is very dark and it don't get AS cheesy as those types of movies tend to get *cough* Gingersnaps *cough*

I would recommend this movie to ANY horror fan!

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:51 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

i saw it cause i saw wicker man's avatar one day or sig or sumthing like that and i was in blockbuster saw the same pic on the bakc of that moives box so i rented it and i liked it a hole lot this movie kicks ass it is very very funny great monsters and not to mention that all the guys r like irsh or sumthing cause irish rule but ne way great moive luved it and the best line in the whole frickin movie is this one

I hope i give u the SHITS....

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 12:26 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

they were english but i dont think that matters theres not much difference now is there atleast not when your american smile but yeah that was a great line

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 09:56 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I remember renting it the day before it was out, since I worked for what was then called "Video Update", now "Movie Gallery".

I rented it again, and can't say i was too impressed. The pacing of the action sequence seemed very rhythmic.

It was a slooooooooow first 1/2 hour, then there was a solid 5 minutes of action. 30 minutes of dialogue, 5 of action, up until the last 15 minutes which was an all out war. Unfortunately, it didn't quite make me a believer.

Props on the solid acting, dialogue, and lycanthrope costuming, but the action being being supressed and condensed really took away from it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 07:26 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

awesome movie... i took backfires recommendation a while back and ordered the DVD .. it was backorder for a while ... but when it came in it was well worth the wait... Awesome movie!

I liked all of the chacters... the werewolfs looked really cool... although there mouths didnt move much .. the costumes were still great

Highly Recommend this Movie

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 10:45 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

I wish I could see some of his recommendations most of the movies that he has seen i cant see because they dont sell them here in america I know he lives in California but still he has somehow gotten his hands on alot of these great movies

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 07:14 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love this movie. I saw it a while ago, but a few days ago I got it at blockbuster for $7!

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 02:15 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatmaster

tune

right there is a tune in this film that i can not put a name to and it is really bugging me. During a scene in the woods, they are walking, and whistling a tune. does any body know what the tune is? please somebody!

Old Post May 10th, 2004 02:00 AM
beatmaster is currently offline Click here to Send beatmaster a Private Message Find more posts by beatmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

Dg Soldiers- Proving once again why Brits are better than us in horror.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post May 10th, 2004 02:30 AM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote