KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » 80s

80s
Started by: VampirePrincess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

80s

Do you like the 80s? Or do you hate the 80s?

I love the music scene... It brought two of my favorite music genres (started by punk of course) which are goth and new wave. I love The Cure, Christian Death, Sioxios and the Banshes (hope I spelled it right), Bauhaus, Depeche Mode, The Clash and so on. All great music.

Anyone a fan?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:50 AM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thing_1
Freak

Some of the music was great and some of it sucked but most of it was good....I mean is good.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:01 AM
Thing_1 is currently offline Click here to Send Thing_1 a Private Message Find more posts by Thing_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i like some rap from 80's.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:07 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

I like the hair metal glam bands. They kicked ass... I love Bon Jovi and Motely Crue and Warrent and it goes on.

Awww some rap was good because that was the start of rap in the mainstream. I liked Run DMC. I always thought they were awsome. Today rap is just so sexual and violent I can't listen to it much. Though some artist did create some meaning into the music. I remember being a fan of Bone Thugs 'n Harmony.

Yeah I was a rap/ hip hop fan one time in my life.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:10 AM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Bone Thugs are still a great rap group.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:19 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RIO
Crystal Baller

i love everything about the 80s. the clothes, the music, the movies, the games... i obviously grew up in that decade. it was the best.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:41 AM
RIO is currently offline Click here to Send RIO a Private Message Find more posts by RIO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

I love the 80's. All my teen years were in the 80's. Most 80's music brings back incredible memories - some good, and of course, some bad. I like much of the music from that era. Probably the music I like the least is stuff like Whitney Houston, the "feel-good" female pop stuff like that. I might still like a little of that, but the stuff that comes to mind right away from the 80's that I like is Journey, U2, Men at Work, Phil Collins/Genesis, David Bowie, Dire Straights, Duran Duran, Van Halen, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Mike & The Mechanics, Steve Miller Band, Simple Minds, The Police/Sting, Talking Heads, Survivor, ZZ Top, Dexy's Midnight Runners (remember "Come On Eileen"?), and I could go on and on and on...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:44 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

80's IS AWSOME!
Depeche Mode, Christian Death, The Cure, Motley Crue, Culture Club, Duran Duran....... and soooo on

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 04:29 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

the beginning of the 80`s was cool, very cool indeed, the latter part though sicksick

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 06:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Some of the eighties was okay, but I think of it as a really cheesey era overall. Some of the pop that came out was just terrible.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 11:12 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

i love 80's they are the best of years in music for me... it's the begining of new wave music.. yeah i do love 'come on eileen' - dexy's midnight runner

cheers mate!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 11:25 AM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I lOVE the 80's music, like bon jovi, Survivor, Def Leppard,return, Europe,Asia asosmile

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:05 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Now thats the kind of 80's cheese I'm talking about! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:44 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Yeah, there was a LOT of cheese in the 80's!! stick out tongue But some of it was tasty cheese! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:19 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

bands these days don't know how to make good music!!!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:22 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

But there was a lot of crap about too, and have you ever noticed how pig ugly some of the 80's pop stars were? You don't get with todays crappy pop stars.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:29 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

I love the 80's I was teenager there big grin Bauhaus, Chameleons and Joy Division...and rap was fine too like Afrika Bambatta and the furious five big grin

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 04:57 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

quote:
Originally posted by mechmoggy
But there was a lot of crap about too, and have you ever noticed how pig ugly some of the 80's pop stars were? You don't get with todays crappy pop stars.

What?!? Ugly 80's pop stars? I can't possibly imagine...

Attachment: ugly 80's pop stars.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 06:18 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

said by mechmoggy

dose it matter that much how they looket? they made great music, and they warent ugly, if you know some ugly singer post a pic, and we'l deside!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 11:38 PM
julibug

I think he was being facetious. roll eyes (sarcastic) As was I with my "lovely" attachment! stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 03:46 AM