KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Keepin' dah funk alive

SO, WHAT ABOUT BOOTSY?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bootsy! yeah baby! we're keepin dah funk alive sugah! 2 28.57%
I enjoy Bootsy 0 0%
I think I heard about him.... one or two times... 0 0%
WHO THE BLOODY HELL IS BOOTSY? 5 71.43%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Keepin' dah funk alive
Started by: Gaca

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gaca
KATIUSHA

Cool Keepin' dah funk alive

OK, so anybody here listening to Bootsy Collins? ANYBODY? Funkadelic? The Rubber Band? ANYONE?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 09:19 AM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

*sigh!* noooooooooo oneeeeee.....

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 01:11 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dez Wagner
maniac

no... sorry...
but you, the powerless vampire love funky? smile

youpiiii...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 05:54 PM
Dez Wagner is currently offline Click here to Send Dez Wagner a Private Message Find more posts by Dez Wagner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

of course i love da funk!!!! everybody loves funk!!! now i don't understand why this 'everybody' didn't reply to my topic.... hmmm....
YOU PEOPLE ARE HOPELESS!!! HOW CAN YOU KNOW SNOOP DOGG BUT DON'T KNOW BOOTSY COLLINS!!!!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:02 PM
Dez Wagner
maniac

who is Snoop Dogg? big grin

youpiiii...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:20 PM
Dez Wagner is currently offline Click here to Send Dez Wagner a Private Message Find more posts by Dez Wagner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

hahaha dez... don't try to make me happy now... hopeless ones!!! big grin

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:24 PM
Dez Wagner
maniac

lets attack the others! what do you think my dear vampire? devil

youpiiii...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:38 PM
Dez Wagner
maniac

so who is Bootsy?

youpiiii...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:54 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

yeah... we'll kill them sad
bottsy collins is a great funk artist, he started in the mid 70's you can learn a lot about him at
www.bootsycollins.com
most about his new album big grin

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 06:56 PM
Dez Wagner
maniac

I know I knoooow... but we should talk more about him here big grin
so when did he born?

youpiiii...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 07:06 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

why should i know that? i'm not his mother big grin *yawn*... jeez i gotta study so i am here but i'm not here, understood? ciao dezzie!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 07:09 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

mwahahhaa i'm back!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 09:22 PM
madsci
beats beats beats

anything parliament/funkadelic is nothing short of amazing. along with george clinton and fred wesley, they made amazing music together.

interesting funk facts...

are you aware that bootsy collins was a member of james brown's band before george clinton lured him away to the p-funk? i believe in the beginning of "get up for the down stroke", there is a diss/response to what brown is saying in the song "payback"... "i'm mad!"

also, he worked with roger troutman on the first zapp album..."more bounce to the ounce"

madsci
hip hop purist

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 11:35 PM
madsci is currently offline Click here to Send madsci a Private Message Find more posts by madsci Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

WHO THE HELL IS BOOTSY!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 01:23 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

madsci!!!! i love you!!! at last someone who knows bootsy! he's soooo amazing big grin i love hi albums with hte rubber band in the 70's but also 'fresh outta 'p' university' which is his best album i think big grin

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 02:15 PM
madsci
beats beats beats

in regards to the funk...sleep well roger troutman...he was the s#!t. use to have his albums, zapp I,II,III on vinyl, but have since lost them. i do have an japanese import cd of "the many facets of roger", tight album. "so ruff, so tuff" and "...grapevine"

for anyone who doesn't know who bootsy is, he's the funky lookin' skinny black man who wears star-shaped sunglasses and a lot of sequins on his outfits (kinda like the black elton john, but funkier). he made a cameo on the dee-lite song/video "the groove is in the heart" some time ago (i think i'm dating myself with that reference).

madsci
hip hop purist

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 04:40 PM
madsci is currently offline Click here to Send madsci a Private Message Find more posts by madsci Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

big grin hehe i used to describe him as snoop's uncle but the poor fools who don't like funk didn't get it big grin
ppl, you had to hear his ...kkinda new song 'play with bootsy' i don't like it but mtv was airing it 24/7!
mad: you LOST vinyl albums??????? AAAAAHHH... i would kill for those ones you mentioned...
and yeah big grin bootsy, his glasses and his guitar big grin i see if i can get some bootsy pics big grin

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 07:24 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by Vampiree
of course i love da funk!!!! everybody loves funk!!! now i don't understand why this 'everybody' didn't reply to my topic.... hmmm....
YOU PEOPLE ARE HOPELESS!!! HOW CAN YOU KNOW SNOOP DOGG BUT DON'T KNOW BOOTSY COLLINS!!!!

HOw can YOU know about Bootsy, and not know about SunRa?...hopelessness is really a point of view.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:08 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

kill me! i like what i like! i was just suprised that ALMOST nobody here knows bootsy!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:33 PM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

I'm just curious, cuz P-Funk, Earth Wind Fire, all those funky "space themed" bands got a lot of their stuff from an OLD jazz band leader named Sun Ra. He started the crazy costumes, and space themes. Bootsy even got the idea for the star glasses from him!

Of course they're still the shizznit, it's just that I'm all about giving credit where credit is due and whatnot.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2003 08:37 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote