KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » all you hip-hop haters

all you hip-hop haters
Started by: John Smith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
John Smith
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: a cipher near you

Account Restricted

all you hip-hop haters

i want you all to give me some good reasons why rap is "bad" or "sucks".
and dont tell me about all these clowns on TV and the radio who talked about money,drugs,and bitches.i'm talking about real artists like mf doom,qwel,sage francis,slug(sean loves ugly girls),aesop rock,common sense,diverse,brother ali,pip skid,fermented reptile,j-live,madlib,ect

when you can tell me why those people are "bad",or "suck,then i'll listen

it's so easy to talk shit about all these suckas u see on TV because they're jokes and are entertainers more than they are hip-hop artists.dont let them ruin it for the truly talented artists who should represent hip-hop,and not eminem,cash money,ect.

i guarantee that nobody in any other genre of music can come close to being the writers that sage francis,aesop rock,and so many others are.

listen to the people who actually have talent before you dismiss the whole genre


__________________
I CAN'T TALK TO MY MOM SO I TALK TO MY DIARY

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:43 AM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Gender: Male
Location: Tempe, AZ United States

Are you trolling for a fight bubba?


__________________

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:48 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Extol
Samwise

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

John Smith, it's funny, I don't like the mainstream rap I see and hear, but I've heard other rap and hip-hop, and wow! some of those guys have got talent. the problem is both sides for the most part are ignorant, people need to realize it's not the genres that suck, it's certain bands of that genre. Most music on the radio does suck. some people have no idea what music is out there.
I don't like most of the rap I have heard, but I haven't heard a lot of underground, I am not going to say rap in general sucks, but the rap that is popular requires little talent.
I don't know anyone who is talented in music who likes main-stream rap. but I do not some talented writers and singers who like hip-hop. I don't know the diff. between the two, but they tell me hip-hop takes talent and rap doesn't.


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:50 AM
Extol is currently offline Click here to Send Extol a Private Message Find more posts by Extol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Extol
Samwise

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

thanks for posting the facts rather than a bunch of mindless bashing of other music, because of that, I'll consider giving some of those bands a shot.
BUT I know metal bands that are extremely good writers. and i think it is unfair to say that other bands couldn't be better writers.


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:52 AM
Extol is currently offline Click here to Send Extol a Private Message Find more posts by Extol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lefty
Orgy's Angel

Gender: Female
Location: The Outposts

I've never heard of any of those artists messed


__________________
I LOVE KILLER!!!!!!!! smile
bunny bunny bunny

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 01:05 AM
lefty is currently offline Click here to Send lefty a Private Message Find more posts by lefty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: a cipher near you

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Extol
John Smith, it's funny, I don't like the mainstream rap I see and hear, but I've heard other rap and hip-hop, and wow! some of those guys have got talent. the problem is both sides for the most part are ignorant, people need to realize it's not the genres that suck, it's certain bands of that genre. Most music on the radio does suck. some people have no idea what music is out there.
I don't like most of the rap I have heard, but I haven't heard a lot of underground, I am not going to say rap in general sucks, but the rap that is popular requires little talent.
I don't know anyone who is talented in music who likes main-stream rap. but I do not some talented writers and singers who like hip-hop. I don't know the diff. between the two, but they tell me hip-hop takes talent and rap doesn't.


i agree with everything u said

pretty much everybody u see on tv and hear on the radio are just gimmicks

of course they have no talent,because their music is geared towards 10-15 year old(mostly girls) who buy the most music.so commercial music today is a complete joke.


__________________
I CAN'T TALK TO MY MOM SO I TALK TO MY DIARY

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:07 AM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: a cipher near you

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Extol
thanks for posting the facts rather than a bunch of mindless bashing of other music, because of that, I'll consider giving some of those bands a shot.
BUT I know metal bands that are extremely good writers. and i think it is unfair to say that other bands couldn't be better writers.


this board needs more open minded people like you

i didnt mean any disrespect what so ever by saying that they are better writers.i didnt mean that writers in other genre's arent talented or as talented writers.i personally just feel that hip-hop writers are better.check out people like sage francis and aesop rock to see what i'm talkin about.there are great writers in pretty much every genre, i just feel that CERTAIN(def not all) hip hop mc's cannot be surpassed when it comes to writing.it really is poetry.to the point where magazines like "the source" say that sage and others arent mc's because they're into art.which i think is stupid.

i'm sure there are great writers in metal in other genre's.so i'm not trying to disrespect.

i just want people to hear hip hop artists who actually have talent before they dismiss the genre as a whole as so MANY people here at this board do.just because they hear that crap on the radio,doesnt mean all hip hop is like that.and there are so many haters here.people who havent even heard real hip hop.hip hop artists that put love,passion, and the art before money and marketing.

i would respect your opinion if you heard the people who truly represent hiphop and u still didnt like it...
but don't talk sh*t if you havent even heard hip-hop.and once again,that crap on tv and the radio is not hip hop.


__________________
I CAN'T TALK TO MY MOM SO I TALK TO MY DIARY

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:21 AM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Barry, South Wales

I'm producing the album for underground UK hiphop artist Menace... and I'm also in a metal band!

Good to see were getting some agreements here!


__________________


www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:33 AM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Extol
Samwise

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

your right, this board needs more open minded people. The world needs more open minded people, being open minded doesn't mean accepting everything, it just means giving everything a fair chance. People do not seem to get that.


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:28 AM
Extol is currently offline Click here to Send Extol a Private Message Find more posts by Extol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
metal face
whatchootalkinboutwillis

Gender: Male
Location: B.C. Canada

G-UNNNNNIIIIT!!!!!

aesop rock, you guys will here him soon, i think he's gonna blow up pretty soon

he's dope, crazy with words and junk....my hero actually

illogic, smoke, adeem, brother ali, BLACKSTAR!, listener, el-p, mr lif, eyedea, la symphony

i gotta go attend to my aesop rock scrapbook....peacizzles


__________________
I'm not a cobb or corn, so you can stop butterin' me up. I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is. I'm the one who buys it, I know how ****in' good it is. When Bonnie goes shoppin;, she buys shit. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff 'cause when I drink it, I wanna taste it. But what's on my mind at this moment isn't the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead ****** in my garage-Jimmie

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:30 AM
metal face is currently offline Click here to Send metal face a Private Message Find more posts by metal face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steven
Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: LA

quote:
Originally posted by Extol
your right, this board needs more open minded people. The world needs more open minded people, being open minded doesn't mean accepting everything, it just means giving everything a fair chance. People do not seem to get that.

What a hipocrite.....

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 08:47 AM
Steven is currently offline Click here to Send Steven a Private Message Find more posts by Steven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
in flames
murder brought aveng

Gender: Male
Location: Saudi Arabia

before i was a big hiphop/rap fan...i listen to oldies like gardnmaster flex/n.w.a/public enemy/krs one/big daddy kane/gangstarr/eazy e (old n.w.a)

right now i onlylike mos def/the roots/Diss Wun

but all in all rap/hiphop (what they play on radio and tv and that represents rap now ) Is WaCk

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:57 PM
in flames is currently offline Click here to Send in flames a Private Message Find more posts by in flames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

Gender: Female
Location: London

Re: all you hip-hop haters

quote:
Originally posted by John Smith
i want you all to give me some good reasons why rap is "bad" or "sucks".
and dont tell me about all these clowns on TV and the radio who talked about money,drugs,and bitches.i'm talking about real artists like mf doom,qwel,sage francis,slug(sean loves ugly girls),aesop rock,common sense,diverse,brother ali,pip skid,fermented reptile,j-live,madlib,ect

when you can tell me why those people are "bad",or "suck,then i'll listen

it's so easy to talk shit about all these suckas u see on TV because they're jokes and are entertainers more than they are hip-hop artists.dont let them ruin it for the truly talented artists who should represent hip-hop,and not eminem,cash money,ect.

i guarantee that nobody in any other genre of music can come close to being the writers that sage francis,aesop rock,and so many others are.

listen to the people who actually have talent before you dismiss the whole genre


it just doesn't appeal to me. i like to hear instruments and not synthesisers when i listen to music

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 01:31 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Extol
Samwise

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

hypocrite stephen? why do you say I am a hypocrite?


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:28 PM
Extol is currently offline Click here to Send Extol a Private Message Find more posts by Extol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Extol
Samwise

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Stephen, I think I know what your talkin about. Are you reffering to the "rap is crap" thread? go back and read what I said, everytime i said rap I meant mainstream rap, I even said that hip-hop requires talent, and some rap does too im sure, I'm sorry for confusing anyone. MAINSTREAM RAP is CRAP.


__________________

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 03:44 PM
Extol is currently offline Click here to Send Extol a Private Message Find more posts by Extol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Gender: Male
Location: The Faroe Islands - Thorshavn

well they got a bad voice(most of them), the melodi sucks, no guitar solo play, do I need too say more?, take forexample a 80's rock band, like Europe, they are 100000000000000000000000000000000 times better in all ways! END OF STORY

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 04:01 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Barry, South Wales

Europe are talented musicans but come on... the songwriting is corny!


__________________


www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 06:40 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luciferia
Angel of Music

Gender: Female
Location: Aussieland

I wud first like to point out that I'm not a rap/hip hop fan. But after reading this thread it seems that this genre is very like rock music (which is what I'm into). The acts who get into the charts and are therefore most well-known to the general public mainly have little talent, are controlled by thier managment like puppets, or sing about a stupid subject, like drugs and bitches. Since these artists are the most well-known, they often send out an image of the whole genre being like that. EG, rap being all about drugs and bitches, and rock all about suicide and anger. But if this creates a negetive image and puts most peeps off, Then why the hell does it get in the charts?!


__________________
"I should like to bury something precious in every place where I've been happy. And then, when I was old and ugly and miserable, I could come back and dig it up...and remember..."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 07:08 PM
Luciferia is currently offline Click here to Send Luciferia a Private Message Find more posts by Luciferia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: a cipher near you

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by slashwristbarbi
I wud first like to point out that I'm not a rap/hip hop fan. But after reading this thread it seems that this genre is very like rock music (which is what I'm into). The acts who get into the charts and are therefore most well-known to the general public mainly have little talent, are controlled by thier managment like puppets, or sing about a stupid subject, like drugs and bitches. Since these artists are the most well-known, they often send out an image of the whole genre being like that. EG, rap being all about drugs and bitches, and rock all about suicide and anger. But if this creates a negetive image and puts most peeps off, Then why the hell does it get in the charts?!


like i said,the music appeals to pre-teens and not so much us older folk unless its in a club,then everybody likes it.but mostly girls like whats on the radio and tv.usually because they can dance to it.


__________________
I CAN'T TALK TO MY MOM SO I TALK TO MY DIARY

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 08:26 PM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Smith
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: a cipher near you

Account Restricted

Re: Re: all you hip-hop haters

quote:
Originally posted by cermiestar
it just doesn't appeal to me. i like to hear instruments and not synthesisers when i listen to music


like i said,listen to more than whats on the radio before you judge all of hip-hop.


__________________
I CAN'T TALK TO MY MOM SO I TALK TO MY DIARY

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 08:28 PM
John Smith is currently offline Click here to Send John Smith a Private Message Find more posts by John Smith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:50 PM.
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Misc » Music Discussion » all you hip-hop haters

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.