KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Mobb Deep

Mobb Deep
Started by: Deathblow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deathblow
-

Mobb Deep

im not a big fan of hip hop, but Mobb Deep are frickin brilliant. my brother got me into them a while back, and i just cant stop listening to them. The Infamous is virtually perfect, Survival Of The Fittest and Shook Ones are the best songs. i dont like some of their newer stuff, but they're old stuff is classic. they keep my faith in rap.

anyone else like em?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 07:25 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

WHAT THE ****. I LOVE YOU TOTAL METALHEAD. AND YOU MENTIONED SHOOK ONES!

AND YES THEIR NEW STUFF IS TOTAL CRAP sad BUT OLDER STUFF IS BRILLIANT

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 09:17 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 09:20 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

lol...thanx hock

Shook Ones is such a mind blowing song, the beats just mesmerize me, Havoc and Prodigy...no one can flow like them, and they're perfect on Shook Ones. they sound angry, but depressed at the same time. after listening to that, G Unit, D12 etc...they just sound laughable.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 09:46 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol^ true

but honestly i've heard ALOT better than Mobb Deep.

Jedi Mind Tricks
CunninLynguists
DemiGodz

yes i have heard better groups. smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 10:32 PM
Deathblow
-

well i can honestly say i have absolutely no clue who those people are smile sad

the only hip hop i listen to: Mobb Deep, Outkast, X-Ecutioners, Biggie, Xzibit and Wu Tang's old stuff.

from a hip hop experts point of view, is that a good or bad list?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 10:41 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

its very good smile

songs i recommend from the list

CunninLynguists- 616 Rewind, Lynguistics, Rain (Rain was best song in 2003 for hip hop) These guys are good cuz they barely cuss and they lyrics and beats are tight.

Jedi MInd Tricks- I Against I (very good song) and Blood In Blood Out. Very much like CunninLynguists.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 10:47 PM
Deathblow
-

oh wait i have heard of Jedi Mind Tricks. they did a collaboration with X-Ecutioners yes

omg i just downloaded Rain...im listening to it now, its amazing!!! the beats are seamless...

i like this bit (i might type it wrong)

I can't even cry my tears are dry
that's why it's thundering hard out tonight and it's dark and cold
because the angels can hear me cry and it's all in my soul

very good yes

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 10:56 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yea thats it^

smile

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 12:57 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

You should get "Funkmaster Flex: Vol 1.". There's a Mobb Deep track on there, and i think it was actually "Survival of the Fittest" over an intrumental version of Wu Tang Clan's "Wu Tang Clan Ain't nothin' to **** with".

I've been a Mobb Deep fan since 1995. I had no clue they were still together. Now only if Das Efx would regroup. Anything before "Gernation EFX" is classic. Thats about the time they gave up the whole "iggidy" gimmick, for straight up rapping.

Here's a piece of "From Brooklyn to T-Neck"

Speak of the devil, figgity-**** the dumb shit, it's over
soldier, I riggity-roll just like a bulldozer
I'm kniggity-knockin butts and smokin blunts that's my slogan
Check it, I wriggity-wreck more heads than Hulk Hogan
No jokin, I be's the, um, best at how I'm speakin
I riggity-rock a show and pack em in like Puerto Ricans

Oh my gawd..I feel like I am back in high school. Kazaa, here I come.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 01:11 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Quagmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow,u guys are late.

the infamous is classic.i was bumpin that when it first came out.

could care less about em now.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 02:39 AM
Darth Quagmire is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Quagmire a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Quagmire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

actually we've liked them for years, and i just decided to make a thread about em. im sorry if ive offended you in some way. obviously because they are old, we should all shun them. you are wise.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 02:49 AM
Darth Quagmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

what the hell are you talkin about??

you're gettin overly defensive over nothing man

obviously you're the one offended,sorry for that

i was just saying that the infamous is classic.i dont know where all the crap you said came from

relax bro

Last edited by Darth Quagmire on Feb 18th, 2004 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 02:55 AM
Darth Quagmire is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Quagmire a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Quagmire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Quagmire
wow,u guys are late.

sounds very much like your saying that we've only just heard of Mobb Deep

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Quagmire could care less about em now.

you dont like them 'now'. your basically saying you dont like them cos they're in the past.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:01 AM
metal face
whatchootalkinboutwillis

hahahahahahaha

hockey is on cunn's nuts now?

hilarious

I'm not a cobb or corn, so you can stop butterin' me up. I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is. I'm the one who buys it, I know how ****in' good it is. When Bonnie goes shoppin;, she buys shit. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff 'cause when I drink it, I wanna taste it. But what's on my mind at this moment isn't the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead ****** in my garage-Jimmie

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:02 AM
metal face is currently offline Click here to Send metal face a Private Message Find more posts by metal face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Quagmire
Restricted

Account Restricted

dont tell me what i meant

i know what i meant

and i meant that i dont like their new stuff because its weak.not because its old.sorry,i'm not a poser unlike the people you must be thinkin about.i dont dislike things just because they're old

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:03 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

MF y u against me man?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:17 AM
Deathblow
-

i have Kill It on so loud right now i honestly cant hear myself think big grin

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 05:07 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol

im listenin to MF Doom- Saliva

great song

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 11:40 PM
D00m
Smackrobiotic

Everything by Doom is classic.

This is Hip-Hop: A Tribe Called Quest / Big Daddy Kane / De La Soul / Common Sense / Organized Konfusion / Eric B. & Rakim / Marley Marl / The Pharcyde / Public Enemy / Boogie Down Productions / EPMD / Kool G Rap / Brand Nubian / Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5 / NWA / Main Source / KMD / Farm Fresh / Wu-Tang / Gang Starr / Cormega / Freestyle Fellowship / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Juice Crew / KRS-One / The Roots / Ultramagnetic MC's / Jungle Brothers / Blackalicious / John Smith / MF Doom / El-P / Supastition / mcenroe / Qwel / Cannibal Ox / Madlib / Company Flow / Black Star / Mr. Lif / Brother Ali / J-Live / O.C. / Count Bass D / I Self Devine

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 08:14 PM
D00m is currently offline Click here to Send D00m a Private Message Find more posts by D00m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote