KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » best british bands of all time

best british bands eva
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
black sabbath 13 7.98%
iron maiden 13 7.98%
judas priest 3 1.84%
thin lizzy 3 1.84%
sex pistols 15 9.20%
the beatles 34 20.86%
deep purple 4 2.45%
Queen 28 17.18%
Led Zeppelin 29 17.79%
Pink Floyd 21 12.88%
Total: 75 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

best british bands of all time
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

best british bands of all time

best british bands eva...extremely hard vote butwho do u pick???
i would vote for thin lizzy!

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Last edited by Deano on May 20th, 2004 at 09:25 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2004 09:22 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

The Who.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 09:39 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

BEATLES!!!!!!!!

they made rock and roll what it is today, the beatles were the greatest and most influential act of the rock era. they introduced more innovations into popular music they any other rock band of the 20th century. they made rock an international phenomenon!!!!!!!

I pick the beatles!

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 06:05 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

STATUS QUO!!!! They've been going for over forty years, and they're still good... they still sell out venues, and have avoided becoming their own tribute band, unlike the stones... and lets be honest, wherever you go in the world, you'll hear the Quo.....

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 10:26 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

The Clash, The Who, The Beatles, Queen, Led Zeplin, and Pink Floyd

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 11:47 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

no other compares to LED ZEPPELIN

Old Post May 24th, 2004 04:48 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Agreed. There are very few bands in the whole world, not just Britain, that come close to Zep.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:08 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Beatles and Zeplin

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:29 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC
Eternal Respect to BC

The Beatles- it never fails to amaze me what a huge impact they had on the world in such a short time.

Kate xx

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:41 PM
KMC is currently offline Click here to Send KMC a Private Message Find more posts by KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Beatles--hands down

No one has the discography that they have. They showed marked changes from their early "Beatles for Sale" days--where they wrote perfect bubble gum pop songs ("She Loves Me", "Help", etc.)--to the post Revolver era, where they wrote numerous albums that the best Rolling Stones, Who, or Led Zeppelin album cannot compare to (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was one of the defining moments of the 1960s). There was infighting that caused a fractured double album that is still considered a classic today (The White Album) where they showed that George Harrison himself was a brilliant songwriter. Even when they stopped caring about their sound (They all gave up on Let It Be, so Spector came in and added his normal over the top garishness), somehow the songwriting still broke through. Finally, Abbey Road was written in the "old" Beatles style, and showed just how much they could do. From the opening notes of Come Together, to the quick, joking, ending of "Her Majesty", Abbey Road was perhaps the best description of The Beatles.

The Beatles directly paved the way for pretty much every band on this list, and none of the other bands could compare with the songwriting of the Lennon-McCartney songwriting team.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:35 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC
Eternal Respect to BC

^that's quite an impressive breakdown of their work. Are you secretly McCarts??

Kate xx

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:21 PM
KMC is currently offline Click here to Send KMC a Private Message Find more posts by KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

No, just someone with WAY too much time on his hands

btw, now i'm listening to Let It Be..Naked

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:25 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC
Eternal Respect to BC

^I was a bit shocked by the honesty of that comment but then i realised you meant the stripped down version of the song...

Kate xx

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:46 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

you haven't heard the Let It Be...Naked album? it was released a couple months back, and it's Let It Be without the Spector influence.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 08:23 PM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
Beatles--hands down

No one has the discography that they have. They showed marked changes from their early "Beatles for Sale" days--where they wrote perfect bubble gum pop songs ("She Loves Me", "Help", etc.)--to the post Revolver era, where they wrote numerous albums that the best Rolling Stones, Who, or Led Zeppelin album cannot compare to (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was one of the defining moments of the 1960s). There was infighting that caused a fractured double album that is still considered a classic today (The White Album) where they showed that George Harrison himself was a brilliant songwriter. Even when they stopped caring about their sound (They all gave up on Let It Be, so Spector came in and added his normal over the top garishness), somehow the songwriting still broke through. Finally, Abbey Road was written in the "old" Beatles style, and showed just how much they could do. From the opening notes of Come Together, to the quick, joking, ending of "Her Majesty", Abbey Road was perhaps the best description of The Beatles.

The Beatles directly paved the way for pretty much every band on this list, and none of the other bands could compare with the songwriting of the Lennon-McCartney songwriting team.

*claps hands* I totaly agree!!!!!! ............the beatles ROCK!!!!!

Old Post May 25th, 2004 08:43 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by amity75
The Who.
Yes, the Who

Old Post May 25th, 2004 09:28 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

But I have to put Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, I love them, good music smart

Old Post May 25th, 2004 09:29 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i love led zeppelin for stairway to heaven.....pure genius...my other favourite songs are black dog and tangerine

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:10 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC
Eternal Respect to BC

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
you haven't heard the Let It Be...Naked album? it was released a couple months back, and it's Let It Be without the Spector influence.

If that was aimed at me- I havent heard it but i'm aware that it was released.

Kate xx

Old Post May 26th, 2004 05:53 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

if you like led zepplin, listen to some old blues.

in some cases they take the entire blues riff and plug it into a song.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 05:16 PM