KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Evenesence!!!!!!

Evenesence!!!!!!
Started by: blackwidowlover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackwidowlover
RedOnBlack I WarnButOnce

Smile Evenesence!!!!!!

she is beautiful and she can sing
she is the terrific AMY LEE

what do you say?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:20 AM
blackwidowlover is currently offline Click here to Send blackwidowlover a Private Message Find more posts by blackwidowlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackwidowlover
RedOnBlack I WarnButOnce

everyone has the right to their own opinon

no fighting no biting
I always say

?1 do you think she is pretty?

?2 do you think she can sing?

?3 if so why would you say that?

?4 and if not who is your band of choice and why

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:23 AM
blackwidowlover is currently offline Click here to Send blackwidowlover a Private Message Find more posts by blackwidowlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I think they are great.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:23 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I say, the band is not Amy Lee, she ain't bad looking, and being able to sing is more or less her job: not a great achievement.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:24 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackwidowlover
RedOnBlack I WarnButOnce

answer these questions and let everyone know what you think

smile

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:24 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I say she's decent looking, the biggest poser around and someone who uses studio engineering to make her voice sound better (she has admitted this by the way.)

Someone needs to tell her that she isn't and never will be Cristina Scabbia.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:25 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackwidowlover
RedOnBlack I WarnButOnce

so who do you like

tool? radio head?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:25 AM
blackwidowlover
RedOnBlack I WarnButOnce

she has had 8 years of choir to train her voice and she uses the machines so she doesn't need back up singers

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:26 AM
furryman
honky

I don't like Evanescence.
But in the 'Going Under' (or whatever it's called) video - there's a moment underwater, right after she crowd surfs, where she looks at the camera and smiles...goddamn..

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:42 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackwidowlover
RedOnBlack I WarnButOnce

hehehehhe

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 12:43 AM
Darth Revan
-

?1 do you think she is pretty?
God yes

?2 do you think she can sing?
Hell no... She has a pretty voice but she doesn't have the lungs to be a rock vocalist. Her voice isn't powerful enough for the genre.

?3 if so why would you say that?
Explained it already, as well as the fact that her lyrics suck

?4 and if not who is your band of choice and why?
Maynard James Keenan in both Tool and A Perfect Circle. He's a genius lyricist, and he can sing like hell. Keenan is the quintessential rock vocalist.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 01:59 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

My favriot song of theirs at the moment is My Immortal

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:14 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"tool? radio head?"

Yes.

"she has had 8 years of choir to train her voice and she uses the machines so she doesn't need back up singers"

A) So besides her 8 years of training she still needs them? Point proven.

B) So besides needing backing singers she wants to trick you all into thinking it's just her so she uses machines? Point proven again.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 05:20 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

isnt there already an Evenesence thread around here? meh whatever....

1 do you think she is pretty?
yeah sorta

2 do you think she can sing?
yes she gives the band a very dramatic and unique feel

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 06:50 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

there ok

shes ok looking

not bad 6 out of 10 mabe

she just cant sing that well

TOOL or Led Zeplin

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 07:12 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

evaneswcence are amazing!
they create a type of music .... that is a mixture of others.
amy is talented. very talented!
wait i will post later

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 11:27 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

I can't wait til AC sees that wink *gets front row ticket*

Old Post Jul 11th, 2004 11:52 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stand back Furryman.

Punky? Step into the arena. OH I'MA GAWNA OPEN A CAN O' WHOOPEN ON YO' ASSSS!!!!!

Nah just kidding. I'd whoop you.

But seriously, let's look at the subject matter or even song titles which are a dead give away:

"Bring Me To Life", "My Immortal", "Going Under" and "Everybody's Fool".

All of them are set in a sad, "look how bad my life is" kind of tone with similar reflective lyrics.

So how hollow do her words seem when she is doing interviews on VH-1 smiling all over the place about how happy she is? Yes, very hollow is the answer you want to say and if it isn't it should be.

What these fake, pretentious wannabes need to realise is that making sad music isn't a ****ing gimmick.

Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain, people who made depressive and sad music alot of the time, weren't doing it coz they wanted to seem deep or appeal to stupid little kids who think they have bad lives just coz their mother and father wont up their allowance. You know why they made that sort of music?......

They made that sort of music because they were pissed off with life and the way it was for them. They were pissed off with people and they wanted to get out of it. They hated the fame. Which is why one of them is now dead.

A) Will Amy Lee ever commit suicide because of the fame she has?

B)Will she ever commit suicide due to the depression she writes about?

A) No

and B).......No.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 03:44 AM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

umm that sad thing is their style....
and i think amy has a good attitude towards everyone....she is pretty talented compared to britney and etc, i dont think she is trying to be Cristina Scabbia....
their lyrics are not crap but not very high class either!
i think they are a very good band and deserve what they got.
amy does not use machanical voices, i have heard her sing live and she is brilliant,well sometimes she isnt that brilliant but yeah most of the times like the one in england, she sang my immortal beautifully. i have heard she is sick, some throat sour thing.....
i hope she gets better.
sooo do any one of you know when their new album is coming out?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 04:40 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I need to get the first one sad

Old Post Jul 12th, 2004 04:52 AM