KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » what are some good songs to play for newer guitarests

what are some good songs to play for newer guitarests
Started by: Funkmaster BE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nyeggers

what are some good songs to play for newer guitarests

ok so ill admit it i suck at oplaying the guitar but as monty python would say "im getting better" but im running out of stuff to practice with. i play accoustic guitar and soon im buying an electric one but need music . please tell me the band and song thanks. oh yea and im trying to get into nickthebassist and snakeeyes band they are my friends from school

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 04:41 AM
Nyeggers is currently offline Click here to Send Nyeggers a Private Message Find more posts by Nyeggers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
startxthexmosh
living on a prayer

umm jane says by jane's addiction is like 2 or 3 cords.i love that songs dude.and its acoustic.

debbie harry is cooler than you.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 04:54 AM
startxthexmosh is currently offline Click here to Send startxthexmosh a Private Message Find more posts by startxthexmosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

blink-182- "All the Small Things" is an easy song to learn... And Nirvana- "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Some SOAD riffs are fairly easy if you can be bothered to put your guitar in dropped-d tuning (dadgbe)

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Last edited by Darth Revan on Jan 8th, 2005 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 05:21 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

try a couple of green day songs, some songs are only liek 3 to 5 chords

try "damnit" by blink 182, thats pretty good to learn

and the solo in nirvana "smells liek teens spirit"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 05:46 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Yeah Smells Like Teen Spirit is one of the easiest songs I know, along with the core riff from Californication by RHCP.

Also check out some of the tabs for Rage Against The Machine's earlier stuff, they have one or two very easy songs.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 01:29 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

"Lucky man" by the Verve is a piece of pish.

It would be easier if you said what style of music or which groups you like.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 02:41 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Try anything from the late punk movement. Three chords and you're done.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 07:00 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Rage Against the Machine - Sleep Now In the Fire
Led Zeppelin - Over the Hills and Far Away
Black Sabbath - Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box, Smells Like... and Lithium
Guns N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
Deep Purple - Smoke On the Water

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 07:19 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 07:29 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

quote:
Originally posted by Solo

Hey Joe is also pretty easy

Song 2 by Blur
Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols
Woo Hoo by the Rock-a-Teens
Twist n Shout by the Beatles
All Day And All Of The Night by the Kinks
You Really Got Me by the Kinks
Enter Sandman by Metallica

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 07:38 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LonelyDarkness

does anyone know if an electric guitar is easier to play than an acoustic guitar? coz i really wanna play electric guitar

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:34 PM
LonelyDarkness is currently offline Click here to Send LonelyDarkness a Private Message Find more posts by LonelyDarkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

quote:
Originally posted by Solo
That was the first song I learned to play. The trick is to learn the hardest piece of music available. (Eruption by Van Halen for example) and if you can master that you can master anything. Play Eruption once through every single day for the next year even if it takes you 2 hours to get all the way through it. You'll get there in the end.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:53 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nobody alive besides Eddie Van Halen and perhaps under 5 other guitarists can ever master "Eruption". Pointless for you to even think of trying.

"Heart Shaped Box" is a good first one.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:07 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I can play it and so can 2 other people I know. Seriously, it's all about practice.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:21 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

The Cranberries - Zombie
That's gotta be one of the easiest songs, 3 chords, it's easy for me and I suck at playing guitar.
3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
A bit more difficult than zombie but if I can do it them I'm sure anyone with minimal guitar talent can manage.
A bunch on Nirvana and Green Day are easy enough for beginners.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:12 AM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I can play it and so can 2 other people I know. Seriously, it's all about practice."

We clearly aren't talking about the same version. Or if we are I seriously find it incredibly hard to believe that you can play it anywhere near as fast or note precise. Are your two friends name Joe and Steve by any chance?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:14 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

It was achieved by breaking it down into sections and practising for 5 hours a day for almost a year.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:27 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That being said, I still find it hard to believe. I'd have to hear and see it to believe it.

Just me though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 09:29 AM
eggmayo

Sabbath - Into The Void, Iron Man, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 11:55 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

the solo from One by Metallica, it sounds easy so it must be wink

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 12:16 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote