KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Sex or Music?

The title basically covers it. What sells today, sex or music?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sex 9 60.00%
Music 6 40.00%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sex or Music?
Started by: AcrypT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AcrypT
Reach out to me

Sex or Music?

A bit of a misleading title but it's to the point...
What makes modern music sell?
Is it how sexy the band/singer is, is it how sexy/dirty their music is or is it their musical talent?
I'm not talking about all modern music, more towards what's on MTV with a few exceptions.
IMO today it's the sex that sells and not the music sad

*Discuss...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 05:18 PM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

in the case of pop music its most definitely sex sells...not so much the case with other genre's of music...except for rockbitch...but thats a different matter entirely stick out tongue

its a bit warped given that the music genre that uses sex to sell is aimed at kids...namely people like britney and her ilk...

still...i cant say i mind gettin a good swizz of her thrupenny bits when she's on the box...cause she it HOT...but its never made me go and buy her albums

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 05:55 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Idiots buy music because the artist is hot.

No debating really. Anyone who buys a Kylie Minogue record just coz she has a nice ass deserves a slap.

If you wanna use sex to sell, I think it's disgraceful but fine. I'm not LOSING anything, just gaining eye candy. Don't also claim to be credible though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 05:55 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PunisherFan33
Gods sittin this one out

i vote music bcause i play guitar

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 06:44 PM
PunisherFan33 is currently offline Click here to Send PunisherFan33 a Private Message Find more posts by PunisherFan33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
i vote music bcause i play guitar

should we interpret that as "i voted music...cause im as ugly as its possible for a human to be"

laughing

just kidding mate

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:00 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

i hope its music or im stopping halting my ambitions right now erm

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 07:15 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

damn you, i was completly missled by that heading!
if you want to see people who are in it for the looks not the music, go to the simple plan thread, can see the shite music for the david so to speak

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:15 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Re: Sex or Music?

quote:
Originally posted by AcrypT
A bit of a misleading title but it's to the point...
What makes modern music sell?
Is it how sexy the band/singer is, is it how sexy/dirty their music is or is it their musical talent?
I'm not talking about all modern music, more towards what's on MTV with a few exceptions.
IMO today it's the sex that sells and not the music sad

*Discuss...

Sex is just one part of it. What makes modern music sell is marketing. There are people who get paid mucho dinero to sit around study people just like you or me and come up with ways to get you to buy all the music out there. They have it down to a cold, calculated science

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:43 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

depends on what you listen to, pop is all about looks. even all those screamy little girls with throbbing hairless cooches crying over 98 degrees don't even like the music deep down inside. they are just attracted to the hot male figures who, in their own fantasies, give them the male attention they really want. not the kind they only get from daddy when he has a stiffy

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 01:23 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
i hope its music or im stopping halting my ambitions right now erm

aye same here!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 01:55 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Idiots buy music because the artist is hot.

No debating really. Anyone who buys a Kylie Minogue record just coz she has a nice ass deserves a slap.

If you wanna use sex to sell, I think it's disgraceful but fine. I'm not LOSING anything, just gaining eye candy. Don't also claim to be credible though.

-AC

That kinda seemed like a persinol attack and if so then you miss understood me. I'm not saying that it's good that sex is selling now adays instead of music, on the contrary, i think it's horrible.
I think it's absolutely sick that people buy albums from bands like Kylie Minogu, Briteny, 50 Cent, ect...
I don't wanna use sex to sell, I think anyone who likes a band not purly for their music should be shot on spot but I also think that too many people today buy sexy music instead of good music.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:41 AM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

To add to that, this thread isn't about what you find more important, sex or music, it's about what you find to be a more affective seller to todays modern audience.
Obviosly the music should be much more important, if not the only important factor of the music that people listen to.

Last edited by AcrypT on Mar 3rd, 2005 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 04:56 AM
Deathblow
-

Music is still very much the biggest seller. Think about it, the only group in society who buy music based on the artist's looks are the preppy 11-17 year old girls, and maybe a few guys from that age group too. Fact of the matter is, a high percentage of kids nowadays are into alternative music, and the majority of adults (I would hope) aren't stupid and hormone-addled enough to buy Christina Milian's music purely because she has an amazing body.

Although saying that, I had never paid any attention to Kidneythieves, a band I like a lot, before I saw their video where Free Dominguez spends the whole time writhing around in a bath tub.

Sex sells in any form of media, it's just a shame music is included.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:51 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

why bother buying albums from an artist you like purely for looks when you can go on the net and find fake pics of them with their **** out

laughing

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:22 AM
PunisherFan33
Gods sittin this one out

i said earlier that i voted music........but im actually in between the both of them.....i like sex but i also like music

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:49 PM
PunisherFan33 is currently offline Click here to Send PunisherFan33 a Private Message Find more posts by PunisherFan33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

quote:
Originally posted by jaden101
why bother buying albums from an artist you like purely for looks when you can go on the net and find fake pics of them with their **** out

laughing

no expression

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:27 PM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

down like the titanic then?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 10:29 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

that joke went down faster than paris hilton

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 12:30 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gwiinlgleirn

I'm a little confused. Was the question whether I like sex or music better or which sells better? I personall think that music is better but sex sells better.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 02:23 AM
gwiinlgleirn is currently offline Click here to Send gwiinlgleirn a Private Message Find more posts by gwiinlgleirn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

Sex sells A LOT of records. But think about it, there are only a handfull of successfull pop artists compared to a big sea real artists. The pop artists don't sell out the real music community as a whole I'm sure.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 04:26 AM